Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Making a scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 11:39

what is the best way to make a scheme for your game? should you have a different play for every coverage (man, cover 2, cover 3)? what are the best routes that tear up cover 2 and cover 3?
I have a mini scheme for a couple formations but im just looking for tips on how to make it better
Any tips/ideas would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 11:55

im like the man for schemes and wat i do is look formations that are hard to defend. now once u get the formation u like, u need to identify your strenths and weaknesses...are u a good passer? are u a good runner? is your team good for passing? is your team good for running?...then once u answer those questions come up with some run plays that help u maximize yardage wether that be using motions or using line shifts. come up with passing plays that attact ALL zone. man coverage is very simple and rarely needs any attention because u can jus alter your routes a little to beat man. but u want 1 route for every zone. then u want combo routes...combo routes are routes that attack every zone or attack 1 zone and give u an either or option...finally the biggest key to any scheme is execution. if u can execute and make your READS u can use that scheme all game every game.

having mini scheme is a start wat u need to do is put those mini schemes together to create a big scheme and your good
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 13:05

He is correct ^^

I try to run plays that will beat cover 2, cover 3 and man with each route when I pass. When I run, I just want to get "hat for a hat" aka one blocker for one defender to the side I'm running. You can also alter your routes, so say put your slot on a streak and your flanker on a fade vs cover 3.. or a slot streak vs cover 2. Fades also seem to get guys off blocks better vs bump n run. Motion beats bump and run too, as well as crossing routes. The KEY to scheming is to run several plays out of the same formation or a formation very close to it so that you aren't tipping off your plays.

For example, if you use a run play with motion then motion someone when you're going to pass as well to keep the opponent off-guard.
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 13:45

alright thanks a lot guys, this really helps
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 14:07

so do you guys just have 1 play for every coverage or a different play for each coverage? right now in my scheme for singleback ace twins i have a play for man, cover 2 and cover 3, and i have a run play. What could i do to improve this scheme?
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 14:35

First off, put your plays as your audibles so you can adjust to pre-snap reads. Then keep finding plays that use similar route combos, routes, zones of attack that you like and keep using them.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty2009-10-12, 15:15

Big Blue is right. Put your "schemed" plays into your audibles out of the same formation. Never pick those plays in your huddle, instead pick a play you want to run. Come up to the line and read the D. If you like what you see run your chosen play. If not go with your audibles. Reading the D is key. Those who can do it are deadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making a scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a scheme   Making a scheme Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a scheme
Page 1 of 1