Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need help making presnap reads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gatman
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gatman

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Need help making presnap reads Empty
PostSubject: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 01:31

i have trouble getting the difference between man cover 2 and cover 3 some one please help
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 05:09

pre snap one of the safties will walk down and the corners will back up a bit in a cover 3
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 14:19

Watch the corners, in cover 2 and cover 0 the corners are looking at the reciever. In cover 3 one or both of the corners will be looking at the quarterback. Unless they call press, then read the safety, like crazyblack said. You may have to hard count to get the safety to walk down sometimes.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 18:54

MAN- Cover 0 man d ( with no zones at all), have the CBs playing BNR and the safeties will be at unequal depths as they will be maned up. IN cover 1 the corners will be up on the WR and playing BNR and one saftey will be deep to play one deep zone, in 2 man under the corners will play BNR and be up close with both safties at equal depths to paly two deep zones. Now usually when playing people the only time a cover 0 defense will be used is in a blitzing situation. i only use Cover 0 to try and BNR the WR long enough to get a sack, if they get beat in a=man coverage you could give up a TD if you dont get to the QB.
Slanst inside kill man as well as the c- route out of WR corners in gun split offset (its in other plays too but this is the one i use cuz you have a man beater on the left and a zone buster on the right with the flat, corner and streak combo). On the c- route use a bullet pass with pass lead in when the wr makes his first cut inside, DO NOT TRY against LBs in yellow zones.
Cover 2- Both safties will be at equal depths to split the field and the CBs will play BNR in flat zones. The sidelines are usually vulnerable in these coverages, with that said some 3-4 variaitons and the nickel 355 variation have LBs in purple zones so the middle wil be more open, ALWAYS pay attention to what the LBs are doing because they are usually the players that leave some area of the field vacated and that is where you want to attack.
COVER 3 - One safety deep, One safety will rotate in, the cbs will not be in BNR and will play off the WR and will back up immediatly at the snap of the ball Quick passes to fades and slants out can be used to hurt cover 3 and 4 coverages. Another thing is that the LB is usually the one coming in to cover the flat so if you have a quick HB you can pass to them in the flat and the LB usually wont be quick enough to get there and you can get some nice yards. Sidelines are open as well if not purple zones are being used.
COVER 4- Both Safeties deep, CB play off of WR and back uphave immedialy at snap. Middle of field is usualy the weak spot since cover 4s purple zone. Cover 4 also usually doesnt have coverage in the flats which can be exploited. This is a defense usually played to prevent deep passes and probably wont be used much outside of long downs (i.e. 3 and 20 or 4th and 15) or at the end of a game or half. Cover 3 and 4 Defenses are easily exploited with quick passes to sidelines (Moitioned wheel routes, quick slants out, and fades)

I hope some of this helps you, but remember you might be reading the right defense but the wrong variation. Always check to see where the LBs are going cuz that might determine what part of the field is open. If anyone has PS3 and is serious about madden and has some stuff to share Im up for some labbing, I have some nice defensive and offensive schemes and am very open to sharing with someone to try and improve my game. Hit me up PSN wandeezy623
Back to top Go down
Gatman
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gatman

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 22:37

thanks for the detailed replies
Back to top Go down
Gatman
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gatman

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty2009-12-26, 22:45

im gonna go lab these until i can remember them by heart.. n i got a 360 my gamertag is: ObjectiveGATMAN hit me up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help making presnap reads   Need help making presnap reads Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help making presnap reads
Page 1 of 1