Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Good Pass stop play when in redzone

Go down 
+6
nawfside512
KidProDiiGy
yaboy510
Beavis
tuki94
[LOK]Wavycrocket
10 posters
AuthorMessage
[LOK]Wavycrocket
New MS Member
New MS Member
[LOK]Wavycrocket

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty
PostSubject: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-08, 12:42

The cover 2 sink is probably one of the most successful plays to use when your opponent is in the red zone. Use it out of the 3-4 formation. hot route the MLB that blitzes into a spy(helps because some ppl would scramble to find a receiver open or make a run for it). put Ur defensive ends in contain. I have had alot of interceptions by using this play in the red. hope it works for you!
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-08, 13:04

yea this is the play i use in the redzone if i kno their gonna pass, but i put the LB blitzing in a Yellow zone, and have my 3 linemen in spys to stop the run by the QB
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Beavis

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-08, 14:21

Tuki why would you have 3 spys? lol isnt 1 or 2 enough?
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-08, 15:00

I like my corners to be up more so it shuts down the flats.. It its pretty susceptible to a TE streak though so you would be forced to user the MLB and he will have lots of time in the pocket.
This play is good though no doubt.
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-09, 02:55

46 normal cover 2 hawk is the best redzone d play IMO
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-09, 10:14

Beavis wrote:
Tuki why would you have 3 spys? lol isnt 1 or 2 enough?
yea it usually would be, but latley ive been playin alot of Vince Youngs and Tjacksons, but in any other situation it would be 2 spys and the last dlinemen would be blitzin strait down
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-09, 12:19

1 OR 2 are enough, but its the red zone, not enough room to playmaker some1 w/o having a defender in that area... And if you do you still have the ball hawks in the endzone ready to light someone up.. Good play guys
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-09, 12:44

[xMSOG] nawfside512 wrote:
1 OR 2 are enough, but its the red zone, not enough room to playmaker some1 w/o having a defender in that area... And if you do you still have the ball hawks in the endzone ready to light someone up.. Good play guys
yea if its lik 4th down from the 5 then i jus put everybody in spies cause there isnt enough room lik u said
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-17, 03:39

Jus Skillz wrote:
46 normal cover 2 hawk is the best redzone d play IMO

i use that play alot in the redzone cos it has the line backer in a spy but somehow the 3-5 yard curl routes always gets me at the end it was successful in the early days but now people resort to this tactic

any ideas on how to stop the short curl routes????? please reply
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-17, 08:32

yea most cov 2 plays in redzone will work,good job
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-17, 13:09

i use it but not outa 3-4 i use it outa dollar and i make my blitzing cb go into a deep zone and i audible both of my des into flat zones or hook zones either way is fine but i put them in the flats if my opponent could get a first down by running for less then 10 yards.. i guess puttin them in a spy might be better, maybe ill try it out. and i usually manual control the CB that i audibled to a deep zone and try to take the middle of the field away
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty2009-03-17, 15:14

Cover 2 Hawk, Hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Pass stop play when in redzone   Good Pass stop play when in redzone Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Pass stop play when in redzone
Page 1 of 1