Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

what play to use to stop a screen pass?

Go down 
+9
Ace2k7
super_mario90
TheMooseKnuckIe
jd7680
ghostnote
blitzburgh88
bigblue723
xxkareem1xx
x3zach7x
13 posters
AuthorMessage
x3zach7x
New MS Member
New MS Member
x3zach7x

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-11

what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty
PostSubject: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 19:48

need help... i dont know what play to use to stop a screen pass i keep gettin beat from these screen passes i use the falcons shld i change my defensive playbook?
Back to top Go down
xxkareem1xx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xxkareem1xx

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 20:09

Wr 's Screens u can use man def or man up the screen receiver. AlSo puting defenders in contains works too.Hb screens u can manually control a DE Or LB and if u nO What side he's going to Blow the screen up or User PiCk iT

Hope ThiS heLps You Cool
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 20:16

Exactly what he said^^^
Back to top Go down
blitzburgh88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 22:47

Yes exactly what i would do.... for the WR screen though i would press the coverage as well.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 23:06

if its a wr like randy moss i use double coverage.i even have this in 1 of my def audibles
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-18, 23:45

Cover 2 press will work too.
Back to top Go down
TheMooseKnuckIe
New MS Member
New MS Member
TheMooseKnuckIe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-19, 11:39

Like everyone else said basicaly, I like a cover 2 with my CB's playing Man... then having my OLB/DE's assigned to a zone to cover the flats.

You wont be able to get much pressure on the QB, if you put your DE into a zone over the flats... without blitzing a safty or LB. But you wont ever get burnt on a screen pass or QB tuck and run again!!!
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-19, 17:31

nickel formation cover 2 man press every one from the receivers 2 the half back will be covered
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-08-20, 20:22

yeh the cover 2 will bump n run usually stops the screen for me
Back to top Go down
Stat Bundles
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-09-10, 10:22

I use the 1-5-5 DE contain. It works every time. I get alot of picks from that play
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-09-10, 10:50

I love these remedies... they all require you to be psychic and know a screen is coming. You cant put your DEs in contain after the snap or change to man coverage. You basically have to GUESS.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-09-10, 16:26

with screens most of the time people will run them with 2-3 wide receivers on one side when you see that switch to man coverage..
Back to top Go down
ihaveadream-mlk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ihaveadream-mlk

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty2009-09-12, 23:02

sowskillz wrote:
with screens most of the time people will run them with 2-3 wide receivers on one side when you see that switch to man coverage..

Yes its just all a chess match but everything their telling you is correct. Cover 2 is maybe the best coverage in this years game. You just cant over use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.howardjacksonstudio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what play to use to stop a screen pass?   what play to use to stop a screen pass? Empty

Back to top Go down

what play to use to stop a screen pass?
Page 1 of 1