Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pass D

Go down 
+4
Code//Blue
seiz13
crackajack
134uni5tas789
8 posters
AuthorMessage
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-06, 17:36

I am horrendous on defense, more specifically pass defense. I just lost a game 48-41. i usually have qbs throw for a 80-85 comp % against me. I don't know what plays to pick at all. i use the jets and their pb. any and all help is much appreciated.

Last edited by 134uni5tas789 on 2009-10-08, 17:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-06, 17:45

im in the same position i use to play top line d i only allowed 13.5 points a game till the damn patch where they were sapose to fixed man cov. iv tryed it all 43 44 34 nothing seems to work. and i dont like it gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
seiz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-06, 17:56

Cover 3 all the way , or if dat dont work then user it and if u aint got gud stick skills then u cant do s*** Pass D 251861
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-06, 19:51

I also cant ever get any pressure on the qb. i have tried many of the nanos out of the jets pb that have been discussed on these forums and most of them havent really worked for me. the qb always seems to find an open receiver just before i sack him, even wen i get to him in like .5 seconds.

btw i dont really know if this has anything to do with anything but i only really play offline franchise on all-madden and my friends over live. mainly cuz i dont think im good enough to play random ppl online cu they always seem to be 10x better than me the few times i do try.
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-07, 00:13

Posted this in another thread so I'll just copy and paste it here.

Code//Blue wrote:
First, look at the formation your opponent comes
out in. Wait at the play call screen until you see it. If you want to
be good on D you HAVE to pick by formation. Then, after you see how
many WRs, pick a formation that suits that. When picking by formation,
if you're not going to make any presnap adjustments (i.e. setting up
crazy blitzes) ,
then use this as a guideline.

1 WR - 46
2-3 WR's - 4-3, 3-4, Nickel
3 WRs - Can still use 4-3 and 3-4, but if you start getting burned on the pass move to a Nickel, Dime, or Dollar formation.
4-5
WRs - Again, you can still use the 4-3 and 3-4, but if you're not
getting good pressure there will be pretty big holes in the defense.
Try a Dime, Dollar, or Quarter set.

Adapt this to your playing
style. For instance - since I have some good blitzes out of Dollar, I
might run that against 3 WR sets.

As for when to call man and zone...

For
you, come out in a stock Cover 3 or Cover 2. Find out his passing
tendencies. If he likes to hit the flats come out in a Cover 2 with
flats zones. If he likes to throw to the outside come out in a Cover 3.
Learn which zones stop which routes and to what areas of the field.

I
really only play man when I'm getting good pressure, because if the
opponent has time for his routes too develop, you're gonna get burned.

Hope I helped.

As for some nanos, I'll be posting a thread with pretty much all of mine from the NYJ book. Be looking for it.
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-07, 17:12

nanos work but when ppl know the pressure is coming they dump the pass off to the fb or hb nanos r beatable . some ppl know its coming . i do it all the time when i see a d set up and i see them start coming after my qb ill dump the ball off to a te ,fb, or hb. if there good players nonos wont work as well.
Back to top Go down
seiz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-07, 17:49

im a beast on d now , 4 game winning streak!! switched to tennesse defensive playbook , 4-4 iz nice! Pass D 517225
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-07, 17:51

crackajack wrote:
nanos work but when ppl know the pressure is coming they dump the pass off to the fb or hb nanos r beatable . some ppl know its coming . i do it all the time when i see a d set up and i see them start coming after my qb ill dump the ball off to a te ,fb, or hb. if there good players nonos wont work as well.

lol... you havent seen me play. 2 things, the only thing that's open quick enough against a good nano is the RBs in the flat so you can manually guard that. everything else will be bumped so you won't get it off if your undercenter. other thing is i might look like setting up a nano but i'm really setting up fag d. you throw quick into a fag d and you'll be in trouble.

nanos work but you have to know how to defend the weak points. your right in saying that good players will pick it a part but only if they know it's coming so mix it up.
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-07, 18:28

crackajack wrote:

Well like i said i mostly just play offline franchise and wen i do play online, its against my friends who arent good enough to recognize a nano. idk if they even know wat a nano is lol. we arent serious players, its just frustrating for me that qbs throw for 300-400 yds and 3 tds a game on me and am in a shootout every game. im lucky i am able to score the 40 some points a game(which i am able to do with much help from ms) i need to to win.
Back to top Go down
onefive
New MS Member
New MS Member
onefive

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-13, 08:02

put pressure on the quarterback. press the coverage and send more then they can block. you have to go in practice and mess around with which side is best to do it to.

always blitz through the outside gaps.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-13, 08:32

I am in the same exact boat unitas.... one game I will stop the team im playing for like 125-150 yards passing, then the next game i will allow almost 350!!

I play all-madden difficulty too. It seams like my defense only shows up 40% of the games i plsay, the other 60% of my games are wild shootouts which I usually lose by a few points.

IDK how to improve.
Back to top Go down
BroadwaE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BroadwaE

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-13, 16:57

I FELL U 24MARION24 IM GOING THRU THE SAME THING.....THE THING THAT KILLS ME THE MOST IS THE BIG PLAY THE BIG 70 YARDERS 80 YARDERS 50 YARDERS AND 70% OF THE TIME WHEN I DO HAVE EM STOPPED ON 4TH DOWN THEY GET THE 1ST.....IVE REALLY DECREASED FROM 09 I WAS MUCH TOUGHER
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.Com/BwaE
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty2009-10-13, 20:37

BroadwaE thats the same bullshit that happens to me. I will be doing pretty solid on defense then it seams like they pull a 40+ yard play out of their a**es out of nowhere most of the time. I can even have it defended well and they always seam to still make the catches (or just break 2-3 freakin tackles)

And yeah I was way better at Madden in 08 and 09. This Madden is just way different defensive wise. It seams like nothing works. I mix up my defense as well as I can and I still give up huge plays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pass D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pass D   Pass D Empty

Back to top Go down

Pass D
Page 1 of 1