Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping the Sweep

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajmoroder
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Stopping the Sweep Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the Sweep   Stopping the Sweep Empty2009-10-05, 04:59

I swear to God I am about to break my game...I am going crazy trying to stop the sweep..Its real stupid..I make my line attack left, right, the outside, I blitz all my Linebackers, I user my saftey - Its 5 freekin yards at least every time. I try the 3-4 but the LB always blitz to far inside, I use the 4-6 and then 1 guy is uncovered in man - I use Nickle, dollar...every dang play - As soon as they find out I cant stop it - its all dam day...I give up 16.4 points per game...and at least 9 of that is sweeps cause my pass D is filthy...I am losing my mind - if anyone has a good play to use I would apreciate it. I use the JEts D and am willing to switch. I even used Bear D and pitch was even worse in terms of yarage. I wont play again unless I can figure something out - so please help...
Back to top Go down
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Stopping the Sweep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Sweep   Stopping the Sweep Empty2009-10-05, 05:24

Well first off to stop the sweep you have to commit to the run... This means you will have to blitz..

Since you use the NYJ DEF your in the money man... You can start off by using the 4-6... You can pick

4-6 2-Man Under
1. Put DT and DE in contain to the sweep side (usually the strong side with 2TE or a FB....
2. Shift LBS to the strong side
3. Blitz OLB on strong side..
4. Optional (most tosses can be blown up by the safety) You can get your safety to strong side and blitz him wide.... This will force them to go back inside to the two DL on the contain or run to the outside and basically out of bounds...

Other Possible Plays..
3-4 Normal Wide Blitz... Shift line to strong side And make sure CB And LB blitz is on strong side you might have to flip the play depending on what your opponent does...

4-6 Outside Rush.
1. Pinch DL
2. Blitz DL out
3. Fake Blitz
This will give you a good outside rush

Since Toss plays are the most deadly on madden i set up my team with my best LBs on the outside in terms of PRC, PURSUIT, TLK, and most importantly Block Shedding... So if you use the bears you might want to put Urlacher outside and the in the middle Hellmeyer and Roach.... Also dont be afraid to blitz charles tillman hes a good tackling CB.
Back to top Go down

Stopping the Sweep
Page 1 of 1