Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild

Go down 
+13
Swag Escobar
jayfury
Bonez183
EastCoast_Dog
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
so much swag
bigblue723
SiCkOnDaStiCk
c4jun
Mark LaShark
Ellard
bigbuddah
GMO5
17 posters
AuthorMessage
GMO5
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-31

how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty
PostSubject: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-02, 18:08

how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild 517225 whats a good d to stop petersons sweep
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 03:46

how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild 804226 WHOOOPS WRONG FORUM...MOVED
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 04:17

try using contains with your DE's, show blitz and/or user your ss
Back to top Go down
Mark LaShark
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 08:58

Gang tackle him, it's the only thing I find that works. how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Icon_pirat

Last edited by Mark LaShark on 2009-10-03, 08:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispell)
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 13:14

Man i'm having the same problem! The cowboys and the vikings are killing me. I can't stop the run. I pick the perfect defense then he changes his play its like a cat and mouse game sometimes I guess right then sometimes i'm wrong. When i'm wrong usually its going to the house. Last night I got so frustrated because I was scoring on the guy but damn the game ended and he won 60-50. All game it was back and forth back and forth. Sometimes i'll get to Peterson in the backfield but he will just break a tackle and man he is gone!! I'm like What the hell can a do better than that??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 16:09

User strip...hell break a few tackles ull eventually get his ass with a fumble though.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-03, 16:36

Hit stick, he gets injured and fumbles pretty often.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-04, 00:35

you can't....lolololololo..lolololololol.. how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Lol
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-04, 02:48

just blitz
Back to top Go down
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-04, 14:20

srry to tell you , BUT YOU DONT HE HE LOL how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Lol
Back to top Go down
Bonez183
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-04, 23:20

i don't no how to slow him down but i no how to shut him down lol... u gotta take chances and bring 5 or 6 guys at times but make sure they are good tacklers and u will have him down back field or outside no gain... trust ya judgement and since brett is not that good in the game from what ive seen people do with him put the game in his hands and u have a much better chance... basically all u have to bring is pressure and if ya opponent wants to run outside alot read that, inside read that take away what they like and force them to play your way...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bonezdaboricua
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-05, 18:04

xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx wrote:
just blitz

WHAT???? You might get him like that on one play but don't come with that one line crap about blitzing. Man this ERRRRRRks me to death. People have gameplans on Madden if you "just blitz" you will lose and lose bad. You have to play smart against someone who can run the ball. "JUST BLITZ" ? really dude are you serious??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
Bonez183
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-05, 18:46

Lol bro i no what im talking about cuz i've done it in enough games to know it works i've had peterson down to 6 for 15 n games where he does not break 25 so don't believe hes super because he can be stopped... and its funny u say people that blitz all game loose because i blitz all game and i've yet to loose yet so maybe u need to upgrade your style of play and adapt so u can stop him n take notes... yeah its possible people can pull a nice big money play on me but if they can't find one and they are just adjusting and trying to find plays u adjust and take away what they are trying to find n always come from different angles... I live defense i can write u a book...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bonezdaboricua
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-06, 01:27

i run a 46 defense with the titans. a.p. is like kobe, jordan, lebron, etc. you gotta understand that the user doesn't have to be all that good to be effective with him. so don't worry too much about completely shutting him down, just focus on containing him.

i found that 80% of people that use a.p. likes to do the sweep/toss. in that case i like to come out in dollar, quarter formations and package for LB pass rush. then i show blitz and make my reads. or 46 normal speed package. speed and containing the outside will limit him greatly. and use the hitstick and strip when you know you have backup.

my logic is that a.p. will break the first tackle everytime. so if you get enough guys swarming to the ball the better your chances.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-06, 02:32

u gotta have the most important thing in madden which is....... STICK
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-06, 04:46

c4jun wrote:
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx wrote:
just blitz

WHAT???? You might get him like that on one play but don't come with that one line crap about blitzing. Man this ERRRRRRks me to death. People have gameplans on Madden if you "just blitz" you will lose and lose bad. You have to play smart against someone who can run the ball. "JUST BLITZ" ? really dude are you serious??

dude i was being sarcastic lol but if u do sertain zone blitz's not only will it might stop the run but it will cover the pa pretty good cuz you know if someone is running the ball they'll aventually try the pa sooner or later but yeah i blitz the run and it works for me but if it's not working i'll try another type of blitz depending on the running plays that are being called

i'll zone blitz then show blitz and sometimes it works sometimes it don't but some regular blitz's will stop the run "free fire is a good one"
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-06, 05:21

yea all u pretty much have to do is blitz like that gentleman said and it clogs his running lanes and u cant hit stick and s*** and miss tackles and ur fine... when the fellow above me said to blitz he isnt saying pick engage eight... of course that wont work... pick some nice blitz plays.. reblitzing them helps and also do things like spread ur line or lbs or shift them to the side u know they are going to run to or something like that or u can mix in blitz and contains force him inside and like the inside blitzers take him
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-06, 05:26

Bonez183 wrote:
Lol bro i no what im talking about cuz i've done it in enough games to know it works i've had peterson down to 6 for 15 n games where he does not break 25 so don't believe hes super because he can be stopped... and its funny u say people that blitz all game loose because i blitz all game and i've yet to loose yet so maybe u need to upgrade your style of play and adapt so u can stop him n take notes... yeah its possible people can pull a nice big money play on me but if they can't find one and they are just adjusting and trying to find plays u adjust and take away what they are trying to find n always come from different angles... I live defense i can write u a book...

^^^^^^^^^^^ i cosign this guy i play the same way
Back to top Go down
shahyafi85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-21, 12:08

JayFury's tactics works very well. I like to play a 1-5-5 with a SS blitz. Press CB's so receivers are contained somewhat. Move the Extra CB's outside-manually and re-blitz them, control the MLB re-blitz and the shoot the gap after a slight delay, probably won't get him for a loss but will contain him. And if the QB decides to pass he should get sacked with the pressure, if he gets it off you have extra CB's out there. Hope it works.

NYG all the way.
Back to top Go down
ChicaGoriLLa
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-21, 15:49

on pitches i spread my lb's and or shift to the the side i think he wil pitch it to and user a safty if you crack him with a hit stick he will fumble do it a few times and it should stop him from pitching it so much
Back to top Go down
Brick Top
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-21, 17:55

I like to use DE contains a lot, blitz a 'backer or two, while usering the safety. Don't be scared to hitstick his ass. I've forced at least 5 fumbles on AP with my CB's alone (Nate Clements WAAAT!).

Don't get me started on what I've done to AP with Patrick Willis lol
Back to top Go down
mancain
New MS Member
New MS Member
mancain

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty2009-10-22, 08:37

well im not having problems stoping him, in my last game on line peterson just run for 50 yards, try to make ur DE`s tackling him, and never let him run over your CB, SS, FS cause he will run over em.
46 Normal usualy works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild   how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild Empty

Back to top Go down

how do i slow down Peterson. he is running wild
Page 1 of 1