Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BIGCHROMEDOG
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-07

How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or... Empty
PostSubject: How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...   How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or... Empty2009-08-31, 15:00

What is the best way/defensive set, to stop people from rolling to the far right or far left sideline and making a receiver or two run slant patterns to that side? It is frustrated to say the least to have this happen over and over.
Or the guys that run the outside sweep over and over again?

Thanx in advance.
Back to top Go down
coordinator0
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...   How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or... Empty2009-08-31, 20:16

To stop guys that roll out a ton, use CB blitzes. That usually works really well for me. As for the sweeps, I guess it depends. I use a 3-4 defense so the type of plays I call would be a lot different than a 4-3. Try using contains and spreading your DL/LB, and bring up a safety if you know he's using a toss/sweep for sure.
Back to top Go down
BeKind
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...   How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or... Empty2009-09-11, 01:30

Just shift your line to the far side of the field (since the far side is the side your opponent rolls out to 98% of the time).

If you really want to make it effective then you'll call the line shift right before your opponent snaps the ball (cadence anticipation).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...   How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or... Empty

Back to top Go down

How to stop the constant roll outs to the left or right or...
Page 1 of 1