Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Big Play on Offense?

Go down 
+14
Rondell50
Crunk
GRIDIRONxGURU
instantclassic91
TEViN-BRADFORD
samgoodee
b_duncs
Versatile G
CJDAWGG14
pkismyname
mattP
Devo
Mcnair2Wycheck
PIG BENIS
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PIG BENIS
New MS Member
New MS Member
PIG BENIS

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Big Play on Offense? Empty
PostSubject: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 13:33

So far, I can't figure out the best way to score on one play. In Madden, it was simple: Roll away from the backside post and hope he got deeper than the safety.

In NCAA '10, I cant seem to find my Go-To Hail Mary play. Anyone have anything yet?
Back to top Go down
http://coltfreaks.com
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 17:50

Playing that way isn't real football so therefor it would only make sense that they make an attempt to take it out of the game.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 18:16

[STARS] Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
Playing that way isn't real football so therefor it would only make sense that they make an attempt to take it out of the game.
yeah it is teams have plays that they go to when they want a big play. so trying to find a play that'll get you a quick score is fine imo. not like the deep post tho that would be gay if they had that again
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 18:37

MhM....
Back to top Go down
PIG BENIS
New MS Member
New MS Member
PIG BENIS

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 20:33

I'm gonna bump this. Hate to do it, but I cannot seem to find a way to go deep. It's all luck at this point.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 21:47

There is no such thing as a high% deep pass though, you either have to wisely set it up or take some chances. If you set it up right though, I'm sure (based on what I have read about in articles) you could find plays that are very occassionally completed but rarely picked thus making them worth a shot every once in a while. Actual strategizing? Amazing!
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 23:25

People say this is inaccurate but if you watch the NFL if Lee Evans is 1v1 with some random CB 8/10 times he will burn him.

But in the made they make it impossible.

They should've been some percentage like if a WR gets a good dupe move or a step or two on the defender,
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-27, 23:56

[STARS] Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
There is no such thing as a high% deep pass though, you either have to wisely set it up or take some chances. If you set it up right though, I'm sure (based on what I have read about in articles) you could find plays that are very occassionally completed but rarely picked thus making them worth a shot every once in a while. Actual strategizing? Amazing!
i wasnt sayin there is a deep pass that works all the time but a good wr like steve smith should be able to burn a weaker guy at least 5/10 times on a deep ball. it mainly depends on the matchups
Back to top Go down
PIG BENIS
New MS Member
New MS Member
PIG BENIS

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-28, 13:57

Mods, please move this to NCAA Offense. I was asking about NCAA '10 how to throw deep.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-28, 14:00

I don't think any1 actually read this Pig. It clearly asks for an NCAA play, but they still go into NFL and Madden examples.

Just look for a play called verticals in any playbook. If they aren't in cover 4 or playing zone coverage conservative, you should get an easy 15 yards.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
PIG BENIS
New MS Member
New MS Member
PIG BENIS

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-28, 14:04

OK, I'm not lookin' for 15 yards or even 30 yards, I'm saying for the one or two times per game that you try to catch the defense off guard and just go for the homerun, what's the best strategy?

Like, if I have the ball right before half, I am going to try to bust out a huge TD if possible. Say you're on your own 20 with 15 seconds left in the half. Run the ball once to make them think you're happy with running out the clock, and then go deep and try to get six.

Again, in Madden, it was the deep post, but in NCAA, is there any play for this? Haily Mary is terrible, as is just a normal fade with your fastest guy. I'm looking for something that might work 40% of the time, maybe more.
Back to top Go down
Versatile G
New MS Member
New MS Member
Versatile G

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-28, 14:36

bro the only way u gon score in that situation is if the dude u playing duz not have a prevent d....sure u could try against the prevent but u gon get 30 yds at max
Back to top Go down
b_duncs
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-29, 23:52

Its not even realistic to have a play that you can score with 40% of the time from your own 20.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-30, 00:03

If they bump you on the line and there in man and theres no safety on top and your WR is a decent size with 92+ Spd He could beat him unless hes facing a shutdown beast corner.
Back to top Go down
b_duncs
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-30, 00:34

Exactly, ALL of those things would have to hold true, and THEN the team would have to be dumb enough to line up in that defense at the end of the half, backed up all the way to their twenty. Unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-30, 00:58

b_duncs wrote:
Exactly, ALL of those things would have to hold true, and THEN the team would have to be dumb enough to line up in that defense at the end of the half, backed up all the way to their twenty. Unrealistic.

IT could work vs Cover 1 if Bumped and no safety on top or when someone bringing the major heat.

could work 1v1 zone.
Back to top Go down
b_duncs
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-30, 01:16

lol Im not trying to argue with you, but he wants a play he can run before half that will get him a good chance of scoring. I have NEVER played someone that doesnt drop everyone back into prevent at end of game or before half. just saying... it COULD happen I suppose but never against a good player, and it would be extremely rare against anyone else. And if they do for some reason he is playing an idiot that plays that defense before half, there should be no reason why he needs to score because he should be up big already
Back to top Go down
samgoodee
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-31, 00:36

no dude learn how to read defenses and learn how to pass the ball. stop looking for ways to cheese the game
Back to top Go down
TEViN-BRADFORD
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-07-31, 19:20

MGB Ruthless wrote:
I don't think any1 actually read this Pig. It clearly asks for an NCAA play, but they still go into NFL and Madden examples.

Just look for a play called verticals in any playbook. If they aren't in cover 4 or playing zone coverage conservative, you should get an easy 15 yards.

if you motion circle reciever to the left on that play he will be more likely to burn the d deep for 6
Back to top Go down
instantclassic91
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-01, 13:26

I agree with sam
Back to top Go down
GRIDIRONxGURU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GRIDIRONxGURU

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-01, 18:32

i know 2 plays that will score from anywhere on the field... but i have them listed elsewhere

"E"
Back to top Go down
http://worldsportscouting.com
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-01, 19:08

There is a play called Seattle in the bunch single back and bunch shotgun that works great. If you know how to run it you should win every game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
instantclassic91
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-01, 23:04

yea seattle is a beast play either ran as is or with some tweaks
Back to top Go down
Rondell50
New MS Member
New MS Member
Rondell50

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-03, 15:13

So the answer to this question is to play an idiot. death
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty2009-08-05, 00:49

yeah man its just basically reading defense's its good to have plays where you know someone is gonna be open 70% of the time and if he aint open work ur other reads and if all else fails tuck it and run =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Play on Offense?   Big Play on Offense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Play on Offense?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next