Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

first major trade before the deadline..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

first major trade before the deadline.. Empty
PostSubject: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 18:46

matt holliday to the st louis cardinals...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4353256
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 18:58

damn i heard about the trade this morning. kinda sucks that we trade away all our good players at the worst times. have they said who the a's got yet?
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 19:05

devo408 wrote:
damn i heard about the trade this morning. kinda sucks that we trade away all our good players at the worst times. have they said who the a's got yet?

i think it was 3 prospects.. one is a top tier prospect whos supposed to be real good eventually...
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 19:09

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

i think it was 3 prospects.. one is a top tier prospect whos supposed to be real good eventually...
thats what we always do man! we're never gonna win if everytime we have someone good we trade em away. and we just signed him in the offseason!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 19:14

devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

thats what we always do man! we're never gonna win if everytime we have someone good we trade em away. and we just signed him in the offseason!

yep and if any of the 3 prospects become good, as soon as they do u guys will trade him for 3 more prospects.. its an ongoing situation in oakland.. they are like the farm system for every team in baseball with money... kinda sad cuz with the talent that billy bean gets in Oakland, if u guys could afford to keep them Oakland would be right there with the yankees, red sox, phillies, cardinals, and angels competing every year...
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 19:20

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

yep and if any of the 3 prospects become good, as soon as they do u guys will trade him for 3 more prospects.. its an ongoing situation in oakland.. they are like the farm system for every team in baseball with money... kinda sad cuz with the talent that billy bean gets in Oakland, if u guys could afford to keep them Oakland would be right there with the yankees, red sox, phillies, cardinals, and angels competing every year...
i really dont understand it though a few years ago we were the top team in the AL west does beane not want that success again? it seems like he wants to rebuild the team around a bunch of young guys but once those young guys step up and become stars he trades them. both of my teams are a mess rite now
Back to top Go down
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 19:47

i feel for ya devo, but this mighta actually been a good trade for the A's. they weren't going annywhere this year and they got a replacement for chavez(bad back...he might never be right again) in wallace that very possibly will be ready for the start of next season, at worst he can also 1b/dh. Peterson is quick and has a very good OBP and a pitcher....pitchers are never rbad to try out.

they only gave up a guy that from what i see so far, having ALOT of trouble adjusting to the switch to the AL... here's a quote from SI

"The only question now is which Matt Holliday did the Cardinals get: the one who made three straight All-Star teams with the Rockies from 2006-08 while averaging .329 with 32 home runs and 113 RBIs over that span, or the one who slumped badly upon switching leagues this season, batting just .272 with eight home runs until going on a recent tear. Over the past two weeks, Holliday has resembled the fearsome slugger he was in Colorado, batting .390/.422/.756 with three home runs and 11 RBIs. A return to the more familiar National League should help him, as should a return to a more forgiving hitters' park, rather than the cavernous Coliseum in Oakland. "

just wanted to give you a better perspective on the trade devo
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 20:36

I hope my rangers go out and get zach duke. He seems like a quality 3-4 starter. He would really help us in the playoff stretch
Back to top Go down
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Ketcham While They're Hot

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 20:46

As an Angel's fan, I'm kind of glad to see Holliday out of the division. Still, I don't think it's that big of a move. He was struggling so far this year (as Yuck pointed out) and is far better suited for the NL. In his first game with the Cards so far, he has a hit, a stolen base and a run. Still, I'm glad the A's keep getting rid of their talent because it's making the Angel's road to victory THAT much easier Smile
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 21:09

Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:
i feel for ya devo, but this mighta actually been a good trade for the A's. they weren't going annywhere this year and they got a replacement for chavez(bad back...he might never be right again) in wallace that very possibly will be ready for the start of next season, at worst he can also 1b/dh. Peterson is quick and has a very good OBP and a pitcher....pitchers are never rbad to try out.

they only gave up a guy that from what i see so far, having ALOT of trouble adjusting to the switch to the AL... here's a quote from SI

"The only question now is which Matt Holliday did the Cardinals get: the one who made three straight All-Star teams with the Rockies from 2006-08 while averaging .329 with 32 home runs and 113 RBIs over that span, or the one who slumped badly upon switching leagues this season, batting just .272 with eight home runs until going on a recent tear. Over the past two weeks, Holliday has resembled the fearsome slugger he was in Colorado, batting .390/.422/.756 with three home runs and 11 RBIs. A return to the more familiar National League should help him, as should a return to a more forgiving hitters' park, rather than the cavernous Coliseum in Oakland. "

yea but holliday jus wasnt driving the ball in the gaps at the beginning of this year.. he was driving the ball right to outfielders.. now hes driving to the gap or putting the ball in the stands right now.. and in a lineup like the cardinals instead of a weak A's lineup... watch out, i think the cards got a pretty good deal...
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 21:40

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:

yea but holliday jus wasnt driving the ball in the gaps at the beginning of this year.. he was driving the ball right to outfielders.. now hes driving to the gap or putting the ball in the stands right now.. and in a lineup like the cardinals instead of a weak A's lineup... watch out, i think the cards got a pretty good deal...
dont all the teams besides the A's benefit from these trades?
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 21:45

very true devo. lol
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 21:46

devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:

not really, ask the giants fans if they like zito.. ask the braves fans if they like hudson...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 21:48

[quote="BOSTN BEANER"]
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:

not really, ask the giants fans if they like zito.. ask the braves fans if they like hudson... and st louis fans with mulder???
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-24, 22:38

[quote="BOSTN BEANER"]
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:

not really, ask the giants fans if they like zito.. ask the braves fans if they like hudson... and st louis fans with mulder???
well we didnt give zito away he left and that was a GREAT move for the giants haha. and with both mulder and hudson they were both in their primes at the time and both were productive until they got hurt. they were both questionable deals at the time and after time they ended up in the A's favor
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty2009-07-25, 01:30

[quote="devo408"]
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
Johnny_PotSmoker wrote:

well we didnt give zito away he left and that was a GREAT move for the giants haha. and with both mulder and hudson they were both in their primes at the time and both were productive until they got hurt. they were both questionable deals at the time and after time they ended up in the A's favor

yea they were questionable at the time but they did get injured and look at their stats from the time they left til now and tell me that the A's didnt end up better off without them.. mulders first year was ok 16-8, 3.64 era.... then he falls off before gettin injured the next year 6-7, 7.14era... the next year he comes back after recovery 0-3, 12.27era.... hudson was better then mulder but u guys were still better off without him 14-9, 3.52era... 13-12, 4.86era... 16-10, 3.33era... 11-7 3.17era last year before getting hurt.. his era and expectations when that trade went down were in the 2s for era and 18+wins a year.. didnt turn out that way.. the A's got prospects that were meant for an ace and the braves got a #2 pitcher some years and a #3 pitcher in other years so far.. so in those deals u guys got a steal.... as for zito i know u guys let him walk but the A's were trying to trade him but couldnt get the right deal so they kept him and he walked and everyone knows how garbage hes turned out for SF... hes ok this year but his above 5 era since they got him is not what they expected when they gave him 20million per year..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first major trade before the deadline..   first major trade before the deadline.. Empty

Back to top Go down

first major trade before the deadline..
Page 1 of 1