Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Flexbone Lock Up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-07-16, 13:49

ok...this thread is to just tell of my experience recently with trying to run this offense against "skilled" and "knowledgeable" players.

i opened up with the Option Run playbook using the Flexbone formation. initially, i was killing cats and went on a 6 game win streak. then...i ran into 4 cats in a row...that literally "LOCKED-UP" that Flexbone formation. they used the 4-3 and mostly 4-4 formations. they threw in a QB spy or 2....maybe a few contains and usered the Saftey.

Absolute shut down! the option was dead! the FB Trap....dead! quick passes to the outside? a few here and there. Seam routes? their stick skills and hot-route adjustments killed that! i still beleive that this playbook is great....however....my eyes have been enlightened by ballers better than i!
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-07-16, 16:53

I have 3 loses from using the GT playbook and 2 are from D/C's and 1 is from a kid who ran the whole clock on me. I havent been shut down because I can RC if I need it and no one can stop my boy Dwyer on FB Dives. Have you tryed the QB Iso plays yet? They work great!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-07-16, 19:18

[RSz] LiL MooReR wrote:
I have 3 loses from using the GT playbook and 2 are from D/C's and 1 is from a kid who ran the whole clock on me. I havent been shut down because I can RC if I need it and no one can stop my boy Dwyer on FB Dives. Have you tryed the QB Iso plays yet? They work great!!!

yeah i ran a whole lot of stuff! now...i scored during those games so don't misunderstand me. but....i am saying these cats had that Flexbone formation locked up in many ways that i wasn't expecting them to.
Back to top Go down
Versatile G
New MS Member
New MS Member
Versatile G

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-07-17, 14:57

yea i played sum dude who used that play book with ohio state and at first he was killing me with t.pryor but wat i basically did was used contains and spy zones on him and when i knew he had 2 pass i would do a corner blitz on him i won that game 28 to 24
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-07-17, 15:13

Versatile G wrote:
yea i played sum dude who used that play book with ohio state and at first he was killing me with t.pryor but wat i basically did was used contains and spy zones on him and when i knew he had 2 pass i would do a corner blitz on him i won that game 28 to 24
I use the Option passes, so if someone is blitzing me I throw the ball, but if it looks like zone I will wait for my crossing routes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-09-30, 10:34

LiL MooReR wrote:
Versatile G wrote:
I use the Option passes, so if someone is blitzing me I throw the ball, but if it looks like zone I will wait for my crossing routes.

since my last post on this subject....i have since revisited the Option Run pb. and i must say....i have definately learned how to run it more effectively than before...irregardless....of the defenses (4-4, 4-6, 4-2-5 etc.) that many cats like to run against it.

sure...i may get stuffed by a cat here and there....but nothing nearly like when i first started. i like to dictate to the defense and make them do what i want (i.e. stack 8 in the box, spread out, play zone or man etc.) and it is funny watching cats "trying" to figure out what i am about to do at the line of scrimmage only to find out that they got it wrong once i snap it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roddy 84 White
New MS Member
New MS Member
Roddy 84 White

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Flexbone Lock Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flexbone Lock Up   Flexbone Lock Up Empty2009-10-18, 20:49

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content