Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Angels--Opening Day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Angels--Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 19:52

Once this Yankees vs. Orioles game is over, the A's vs. Angels game will be on ESPN and I couldn't be more excited! Our ace, John Lackey, and our #3 pitcher, Ervin Santana are out to start the season, but I think Saunders and the rest of starting pitching depth will be just fine...I know we don't have HUGE bats, but Vlad, Hunter and Abreu should do more than enough to bolster the lineup...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME TO START!!!
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:03

i hope they do good there are a lot of angels fans where i live

i really like vladdy too

did they get any key upgrades this offseason?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:11

hmmm it doesn't seem like we had a ton of upgrades, but we did lose some key players, like Teixeira and K-Rod....Also, we didn't re-sign Garret Anderson, which kind of bothers me considering he hadn't played a game for another team his entire career...

Still, we picked up Bobby Abreu, who has 6 straight season with 100+ RBIs and Fuentes to be our closer...Still, I don't think he'll last as our closer and I think Arredondo will have to step in...

Other than those pick ups and drop offs, I can't really think of much else, but if I do, i'll be sure to post it here...
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:13

all i know is that every season it seems like the same thing happens with the angels

they do really really good in the regular season but they just fall apart in the post season playoffs
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:17

Jake wrote:
all i know is that every season it seems like the same thing happens with the angels

they do really really good in the regular season but they just fall apart in the post season playoffs

While they do seem to fall apart in the playoffs, there is always one factor involved--THE BOSTON RED SOX...we just can't seem to beat them when it matters, and until we do, there's no way that we can actually be considered one of baseball's elite teams...
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:20

Ketcham while they're hot wrote:
Jake wrote:

While they do seem to fall apart in the playoffs, there is always one factor involved--THE BOSTON RED SOX...we just can't seem to beat them when it matters, and until we do, there's no way that we can actually be considered one of baseball's elite teams...

LMAO betcha my philies could beat em lol

well last years philies at least
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:23

Jake wrote:
Jake wrote:

LMAO betcha my philies could beat em lol

well last years philies at least

hahaha glad you said last year's phillies because there is no way they'd be able to this year...They won't even be able to win their division because the Mets are finally going to take it--unless they have yet another historic choke...
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:26

wait so who do the angles play tonight?
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 20:27

Jake wrote:
ait so who do the angles play tonight?

The Angels are squaring off against the Athletics, one of their division opponents...It used to be a close race between the Angels and A's for a few years, but the Angels have been able to win the division pretty handily in recent years...I'm hoping we get off on the right foot tonight and keep the trend going...
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 21:04

Cant wait to see this game... A's finally got some offense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 21:07

Crunkologyst wrote:

Ya, but their pitching is all gone! Still, as a Rockies fan, I still hope Holliday has a pretty good year...Also, it's hard to root against Orlando Cabrera and Nomar Garciaparra at SS...
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-06, 21:17

Crunkologyst wrote:

Ya, but their pitching is all gone! Still, as a Rockies fan, I still hope Holliday has a pretty good year...Also, it's hard to root against Orlando Cabrera and Nomar Garciaparra at SS...
There only problem is their other 4 starters. Duchscherer is a good pitcher and they also have a great bullpen. Just have to see if those talented young pitchers can produce.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-07, 02:35

Jake wrote:

lol yes its true the Red Sox seem to handle the angels in the first round year after year with no problems at all.. it will happen again this year our pitching staff is so nasty the yanks lineup wont be able to touch it even when arod comes back.. we have 8 pitchers who are 10 game winners at least, its too bad we can only start 5 haha.. our bullpen is as deep as they come with saito coming in to help okajima to set up paps thats just us makin it a 6 inning game now.. not to mention we traded coco crisp for ramon ramirez and im guessin he is there to allow dice k throw 200 pitches in the first 5 innings if he wants and ramirez will pitch the 6th haha... pitching wins championships and the red sox have the best pitching in baseball... IF we stay healthy u will see the sox raise another banner next april!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-07, 02:43

BOSTN BEANR wrote:
Jake wrote:

lol yes its true the Red Sox seem to handle the angels in the first round year after year with no problems at all.. it will happen again this year our pitching staff is so nasty the yanks lineup wont be able to touch it even when arod comes back.. we have 8 pitchers who are 10 game winners at least, its too bad we can only start 5 haha.. our bullpen is as deep as they come with saito coming in to help okajima to set up paps thats just us makin it a 6 inning game now.. not to mention we traded coco crisp for ramon ramirez and im guessin he is there to allow dice k throw 200 pitches in the first 5 innings if he wants and ramirez will pitch the 6th haha... pitching wins championships and the red sox have the best pitching in baseball... IF we stay healthy u will see the sox raise another banner next april!

Did you watch the Angels game tonight man? If anything, it showed that the Angels have their own pitchers to be afraid of. We had Joe Saunders starting off in place of Lackey and Santana, and even he was able to throw 6 and 2/3 innings of shut out baseball. Then, Arredondo came in for one batter, Shields shut down the 8th and Fuentes closed it out in the 9th. With our deep rotation and a great deal of SP coming back from injuries (Lackey, Santana and Escobar), I think the Angels pitching will be able to compete with anyone...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-07, 03:03

BOSTN BEANR wrote:
Jake wrote:

Did you watch the Angels game tonight man? If anything, it showed that the Angels have their own pitchers to be afraid of. We had Joe Saunders starting off in place of Lackey and Santana, and even he was able to throw 6 and 2/3 innings of shut out baseball. Then, Arredondo came in for one batter, Shields shut down the 8th and Fuentes closed it out in the 9th. With our deep rotation and a great deal of SP coming back from injuries (Lackey, Santana and Escobar), I think the Angels pitching will be able to compete with anyone...

haha Angels fans keep thinking that but its a different story in the postseason.. the sox always beat up on ur rotation.. we have a couple of blowouts and we will have one game where we have a 9th inning heroic by someone off of ur closer which im sad to see krod not there anymore cuz he always thought he could sneak a fastball past ortiz or manny and it never worked.. But arredondo has the same type of mindset so id like to see him try to close out the sox in the postseason this year and try and throw a high heater by ortiz, youk, bay, or my man pedroia... I just dont see it the sox rotation bein beckett, lester(may win the cy young this year), dice-k, smoltz, and penny... if any injuries come about we have wakefield, buchholz, and masterson in waiting.. i know if i had to face one rotation in the playoffs i would rather face ur four man rotation then beckett, lester, dice-k, and smoltz! we have championships over here the angels rotation has to prove it in the playoffs before they think they are as good as the sox.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-07, 03:13

BOSTN BEANR wrote:
BOSTN BEANR wrote:
Jake wrote:

haha Angels fans keep thinking that but its a different story in the postseason.. the sox always beat up on ur rotation.. we have a couple of blowouts and we will have one game where we have a 9th inning heroic by someone off of ur closer which im sad to see krod not there anymore cuz he always thought he could sneak a fastball past ortiz or manny and it never worked.. But arredondo has the same type of mindset so id like to see him try to close out the sox in the postseason this year and try and throw a high heater by ortiz, youk, bay, or my man pedroia... I just dont see it the sox rotation bein beckett, lester(may win the cy young this year), dice-k, smoltz, and penny... if any injuries come about we have wakefield, buchholz, and masterson in waiting.. i know if i had to face one rotation in the playoffs i would rather face ur four man rotation then beckett, lester, dice-k, and smoltz! we have championships over here the angels rotation has to prove it in the playoffs before they think they are as good as the sox.

Dude...you can keep resting on the Red Sox ability to beat the Angels in the postseason, but eventually, it HAS to change and the Angels WILL be able to beat you guys....Beckett is prone to injury, I'd like to see more out of Lester before he is crowned a Cy Young candidate, dice-k can't consistently find the strike zone, smoltz is OLD and penny is all around inconsistent...Still, this is an amazing rotation, but it's not like they don't have flaws like any other MLB team...

With K-Rod, I am seriously glad he is gone...I don't think he was all that great of a pitcher..his WHIP was terrible and he always allowed runners before eventually closing out the game...the only reason he had 62 saves last season was because the team put him in situations with 3 run leads....Fuentes has that weird release that will consistently fool batters rather than the "throw the heat" style of both K-Rod and Arredondo...

No matter what, we've only seen a day of baseball, so it's not like we really know anything...Further into the season, I think this will be a very interesting debate...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-07, 03:26

BOSTN BEANR wrote:
BOSTN BEANR wrote:
Jake wrote:

Dude...you can keep resting on the Red Sox ability to beat the Angels in the postseason, but eventually, it HAS to change and the Angels WILL be able to beat you guys....Beckett is prone to injury, I'd like to see more out of Lester before he is crowned a Cy Young candidate, dice-k can't consistently find the strike zone, smoltz is OLD and penny is all around inconsistent...Still, this is an amazing rotation, but it's not like they don't have flaws like any other MLB team...

With K-Rod, I am seriously glad he is gone...I don't think he was all that great of a pitcher..his WHIP was terrible and he always allowed runners before eventually closing out the game...the only reason he had 62 saves last season was because the team put him in situations with 3 run leads....Fuentes has that weird release that will consistently fool batters rather than the "throw the heat" style of both K-Rod and Arredondo...

No matter what, we've only seen a day of baseball, so it's not like we really know anything...Further into the season, I think this will be a very interesting debate...

yea dice k hasnt been able to find the strike zone consistantly but hes looked a lot more aggressive in spring and at WBC so we are hopin he continues that in the regular season.. Beckett isnt injured prone either, the reason he goes on the DL is blisters on his fingers its not like hes hurting his shoulder or elbow so i wouldnt be bankin on beckett bein injured at the end of next year.. smoltz yea hes old but everyone in baseball knows hes gona come to play in october and november cuz he wants that ring... Lester u shoulda watched him last year, most of last year he was dominant but hes just like when pedro was in boston we dont give him any run support.. Lester is our true Ace no matter if we do start Beckett and dice k before him in the season... Lesters stats last year and i guarantee they are better this year... 210.1 IP, 16-6, 3.21 era, 152 K's, 66 BB...
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-09, 10:32

You still glad hes gone after Fuentes(sp) blew the game last night.

Stupid Braves bullpen cant throw strikes, WOW!
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-09, 10:45

Crunkologyst wrote:
You still glad hes gone after Fuentes(sp) blew the game last night.

Stupid Braves bullpen cant throw strikes, WOW!

It's just a matter of time before Arredondo becomes our closer...I've already said that Fuentes is not the right man for the job...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-09, 12:36

man, this is tragic.

Nick Adenhart died early this morning or late last night in a hit and run car crash, he was only 22 years old. It's being reported that a minivan ran a red light, hitting a car and sending it into a telephone poll.

Nick Adenhart was apparently a good picture, a good prospect, and at this age there is nothing we can do but regret the accident.

As fans, we admire these people who put their hearts into the game we love. As athletes, these men and women strive their entire lives to reach their goals. They spend every waking minute working to be their best... and to die at such an early age is beyond unfair. We all wish he could have enjoyed more of his life, and redeemed more of the awards he spent his days to deserve.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-09, 13:17

[STARS] EggzOverEazy wrote:
man, this is tragic.

Nick Adenhart died early this morning or late last night in a hit and run car crash, he was only 22 years old. It's being reported that a minivan ran a red light, hitting a car and sending it into a telephone poll.

Nick Adenhart was apparently a good picture, a good prospect, and at this age there is nothing we can do but regret the accident.

As fans, we admire these people who put their hearts into the game we love. As athletes, these men and women strive their entire lives to reach their goals. They spend every waking minute working to be their best... and to die at such an early age is beyond unfair. We all wish he could have enjoyed more of his life, and redeemed more of the awards he spent his days to deserve.

I was completely shocked and baffled to hear this news. To go from pitching six innings of shut out baseball and being one of the up and coming pitchers in Major League Baseball to dying the following day just seems surreal. It is a huge loss to MLB, the Angels, and most of all, his family. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Adenhart family as well as all others who were involved in the horrific accident.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty2009-04-09, 16:43

It was truly sad... I even watched the A's and Angel's game last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angels--Opening Day   Angels--Opening Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Angels--Opening Day
Page 1 of 1