Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)

Go down 
+2
-iBleedGreen-
Ketcham While They're Hot
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty
PostSubject: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-08, 00:32

Hey Bostn. I had my IP ban lifted temporarily just so we can discuss the MLB Playoffs. There's no way you can think the Red Sox are a lock to beat the Angels, just as I don't think the Angels are a lock to beat the Red Sox. It should be a greeat series. Let the discussion begin sir.
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-09, 12:30

Quote :
One game for us. The only significance in the win is that we don't have everyone down our throats after losing game 1, saying that it's all in our heads. If we win tonight, it's going to be hard to imagine the Red Sox coming back with Kazmir and Saunders pitching at Fenway.

You know.. Yankees fans said the same thing when they were up 3-0 in '04.. don't be so confident. The Angels have a good team.. but no one is unbeatable.. just remember that.

With that said.. last night Lackey pitched a hell of a game, and Lester made a mistake pitch and Hunter licked his chops and crushed the s*** out of the ball. All in all Angels flat out beat us.. but don't count your chickens before they hatch Hot.. you know Boston in the Postseason.. they don't die!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-09, 16:30

-iBleedGreen- wrote:
Quote :
One game for us. The only significance in the win is that we don't have everyone down our throats after losing game 1, saying that it's all in our heads. If we win tonight, it's going to be hard to imagine the Red Sox coming back with Kazmir and Saunders pitching at Fenway.

You know.. Yankees fans said the same thing when they were up 3-0 in '04.. don't be so confident. The Angels have a good team.. but no one is unbeatable.. just remember that.

With that said.. last night Lackey pitched a hell of a game, and Lester made a mistake pitch and Hunter licked his chops and crushed the s*** out of the ball. All in all Angels flat out beat us.. but don't count your chickens before they hatch Hot.. you know Boston in the Postseason.. they don't die!!

Oh, I know. It was only one game and really doesn't mean anything. With Boston fans and the media saying our horrible track record against the Red Sox in the playoffs was going to get in our heads, I just wanted to point out that it was a big win in that regard. Also, notice I said it would be "hard to imagine" us losing with a 2-0 lead, not "a lock to win the series." Oh well though. I'm hoping for some good games and more results like I saw last night. Hopefully the Red Sox can manage to score even one run tonight!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-09, 21:07

You're right rob I don't think this series was a lock. I said before game one that my prediction was sox in 4 but I won't be surprised to see the angels win in 4 or 5.. Game one was a hell of a pitchers duel until hunter hit that moon shot.. I expect another pitchers duel tonight.. I keep hearing the media saying all the pressure is on beckett and he's been terrible over his past 11 starts but we've seen it before and I believe we will see it again tonight, my by josh beckett will rise to the occasion and pitch a fantastic ballgame.. We just need to put some runs on the board.. We need jacoby to get on base and run crazy to get runners in scoring position early with 0 outs or 1 out.. We can't be depending on 2 out rallys cuz that's not how ur gona win in the playoffs.. I'm loving it right now as the yanks are down 3-1.. I'm about to get my drank on right now to pump myself up for the sox angels.. I'm a little nervous but being down 2-0 wouldn't be the end cuz the sox are the best home team in the majors and buchholz and dice will need to pitch well but the fans at thefenz will help our offence get going.. Lookin forward to a pitching duel tonight though..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-09, 21:35

how bout that homer by a-rod boys????????????????

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-09, 21:39

Haha he crushed that yuck! I was hoping the twins would win a game and make it semi tough on NY but doesn't look like it now.

Its game time, LET'S GO SOX!!!
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 00:10

LETS GO ANGELS!!!!!

Last edited by Big Hungry 702 on 2009-10-10, 00:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 00:22

HATER!!!! HAHAHA I'm still no that worried but if u guys win I'm gona be a huge angel supporter!! Not just for u guys beating the yanks but for adenhart as well... Everytime I hear his name I think about what I coulda done to someone everytime I drank and drove.. It was a lot and thank god I never hurt anyone...

We still aren't out of it, like I said best home team in baseball and being down 0-2 to the angels isn't as bad as 0-3 to the yanks...
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 00:45

i know were not out of the woods yet, but it helps being up 2 games
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 01:01

Like I said before... We are the best team at home this year.. We are so different at home its absurd!.. Just look at It this way, we finished 4 games under .500 on the road this year and still ended up 30 games above .500.. U guys did what u needed to do and won both home games early..
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 01:14

yea, im hoping our pitching holds up, kazmir is gonna need to step it up
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 01:21

Its different to do it at home then to do it at fenway. That's all I'm saying.. I was more nervous before this game then I am now just cuz were goin to fenway.. Time to gain momentum at home and hopefully we win both in boston and take the momentum back to anaheim against lackey.. If u guys win I become the biggest angel supporter! **** the yanks and **** the NL and win it all for adenhart who died cuz a douchebag couldn't pay for a cab..
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 02:16

yea i know, the angels are playing their hearts out for that kid, lets go angels
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 02:51

They are and its wierd.. It is honestly cuz they actually vared about him.. Most teams in that situation are like yeah we are playing inhis honor or memory and this team really is.. Weaver putting NA behind the mound, torri hunter goes and taps his pic on the wall I think every game.. They loved that kid and are playing like he was a 10 year veteran with 3 or 4 WS titles.. It scares me a little as a boston fan that they won't let us stand intheir way but I also know fenway is the toughest place to play and the angles aren't done in the first round yet.. There can be a game 5 and I would guess that there's a 90% chance or more that the vegas odds will agree with me and say we win both games in boston.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 04:02

yea, if we can get one game in boston, thats it. but like u said the bo sox are scary at home, so are alot of teams, im hoping my angels will wrap it up, but we'll see. i hope we dont get those umps again.......
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 04:10

I'm pretty sure the umps are the same for the entire series, they just swap positions each game.. And these umps love the home team obviously so be ready for bad calls in bostons favor.. Although they didn't have any blatenly obvious mis calls in game 2 they sucked ingame one and killed what shoulda been a bases loaded 2 out rally for big papi.. Its all good tho, its part of every sportan can't expect the umps to get every call right.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 10:37

Despite Boston being the best home team, it's not like they went undefeated at home all season, so I firmly believe the Angels will show up on Sunday and sweep the Red Sox. Until they show that they can score runs on our pitching, there's no reason for me to think the Red Sox can compete. Kazmir has been a beast since he joined the Angels and he has experience pitching well at Fenway. Final score in game three--Angels 7, Red Sox 2.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-10, 23:36

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Buchholz has been getting rocked lately but I expect to put up more the 2 runs on kazmir. I'm so confused on how good boston is at this point or maybe I should be saying how bad they are. Such a streaky team on offence and we are streaking the wrong way at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-11, 16:26

Get out the brooms!! I'm excited to hear what all the Sox fans have to say about Papelbon after blowing that lead in the ninth. Bring on the Yankees. It won't be a gimme but I know we definitely have the pitching, hitting and talent to pull it off. C'mon Angels!
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-11, 18:16

LETS GO BOSOX!!!!
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-11, 18:28

Baseballa wrote:
LETS GO BOSOX!!!!

Did you not see the Red Sox were swept today?
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-11, 19:04

oh s*** for real??? shiit I thought i saw they won 7-6 musta lost 7-6.

My bad.
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-11, 20:22

Good luck to the Angels against New York (hope you guys do work) I am hoping for an Angels Phillies World Series.. Realistically its prolly going to be LA and LA though.. so prolly won't watch any of it except the deciding game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-12, 04:10

Congrats rob and big hungry, the angels whooped on us and made a hell of a comeback in game 3... I said I was worried they really are playing with nick adenhart and I really believe they are after that comeback. I thought it was over in the 8th when paps came one and I started watching football only to get about 30 text messages from my freinds in cali... Most are giants fans, only one is an angel fan... Which is annoying that giants fans even waste their time talkin crap to me but oh well...

Good luck to the angels, I got lots of respect for them.. Rob knows I talk a lot of s*** but I'm not an idiot, I know a good baseball team when I see one.. I didn't expect a sweep but if we were gona lose I'd rather it be this way then in game 5... Go beat the yanks and whoever comes out of the NL, not just for us AL supporters but for Nick Adenhart... He should be pitching game 3 or 4 of every series and his life was stolen from him..

LET'S GO ANGELS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty2009-10-12, 11:11

I've gotta hope for an Angels vs. Rockies World Series so I can go see the games in Denver...That would be amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)   Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR) Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Sox vs. Angels thread (BOSTN BEANR)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next