Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Teixeira...

Go down 
+3
BoSpOrTsFaN
Ketcham While They're Hot
BOSTN BEANER
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-20, 15:50

Eazy2Good wrote:
ketcham while they're hot wrote:
the report is that Teixeira is looking for 8 years at 195 million...that's just an insane amount of money...

i've talked about this with people on here before..... NO ONE should get that much money with how important cash is these days. NO ONE. the best doctors and teachers should get paid more than athletes (even though not many of them are selling out stadiums for lectures or some s***). I mean, just sit back, and think about it for a while.... $200,000,000. You don't need that money in a lifetime!!

This is why i hate Bill Gates. get rid of your money, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED ALL THAT!!

i also beleive that atletes are WAAAAAAAAAAAAy overpaid. i dont care about bill gates. he does donate a lot of money to charity but he doesn't need that much. he used his brain to get that much money, not being born an athlete.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-22, 04:01

Reports say the Angels have pulled their offer, citing that the amount wanted was just too much...Of course, I wanted us to get Teixeira but looking at the situation optimistically, now we can go get a few key role players and hopefully save a little bit of money...

Truthfully, I do wish you, Bosports and Bostn Beanr, the best of luck in getting Teixeira...I know he will immediately impact whichever team he goes to...
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-22, 08:01

thx. they say the yankees are in it too but i think they're just doing what it said in an article what the angels were doing. if the price is their they will get but if not they will just drive the price up.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-23, 16:53

Are you fucking kidding me?!?! I was looking for a game on Madden and saw the news scrawling across the ticker...Then I went to mlb and it was confirmed:

ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports that the free-agent first baseman has reached agreement with the Yankees on an eight-year contract worth close to $180 million, citing a source involved in the negotiations.

WOW...that sucks...
Back to top Go down
Angell08
Financial Supporter
Financial Supporter
Angell08

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-23, 18:45

yep tex is a yankee....sucks and hate to say it but the yanks are going to the world series and gonna win it as long as they all stay healthy
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-23, 20:31

the funny thing is that the yankees weren't even in the picture to get him...it was between the nationals and the red sox
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty2008-12-23, 21:45

They had been in the picture for the past two weeks...just hadn't made an offer yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teixeira...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: General News :: Sports Talk :: Other Sports :: MLB-
Jump to: