Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Teixeira...

Go down 
+3
BoSpOrTsFaN
Ketcham While They're Hot
BOSTN BEANER
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-12, 11:28

Where will teixeira land? sounds like the Nationals have made a pretty big offer and might steal him away from the Red Sox and Angels... I hope the my Sox get him to protect Ortiz in the lineup... and im hopin we bring back Derek Lowe too!!!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-12, 14:24

I really hope he comes back to my Angels!!! But, from what I've heard, the most we're willing to offer him is seven years and he wants eight to ten. Also, people from the Scott Boras camp are lying about what other teams have offered in order to raise the price, hence why teams like the nationals are offering 180 million. Either way, I think it's between my beloved Angels and your Red Sox....I'm pretty sure we'll soon see where he lands...

With Lowe, I think it comes down to where Burnett goes...if he signs with the Yankees, Lowe goes to the Red Sox....If he signs with the Braves, Lowe goes to the Yankees...
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-12, 19:38

i think teixera would rather go to the angels or red sox for a little bit less money than the nationals or oriels. he wants to go to a winning team.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 16:28

Soxpats2428 wrote:
i think teixera would rather go to the angels or red sox for a little bit less money than the nationals or oriels. he wants to go to a winning team.
I sure hope so!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 16:34

ketcham while they're hot wrote:
With Lowe, I think it comes down to where Burnett goes...if he signs with the Yankees, Lowe goes to the Red Sox....If he signs with the Braves, Lowe goes to the Yankees...

well Burnett went to the Yankees thank god! The Yanks may have made 2 of the most boneheaded moves since they signed Pavano.. u know Sabathia with his highest paid pitcher ever and his 3.66 era in the AL... Last year his era was 3.86 and was 6-8 in the AL and just blew up in the NL because of those weaker lineups and they had never realy got a good look at him before then... I hope the yanks have fun when he wins only 15-17 games with them and then gets rocked in the playoffs like he always does! (If the yanks even make the playoffs) and then with Burnett u know hes only good every other year and avgs only 136 innings pitched per year because hes injured prone! He just had a good year so hes due for a down year and an oft injured one as well.

Lets go sox!! go get Teixeira and Lowe and we will be ready to make another run next fall!!
Back to top Go down
BradyandMossConnection
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradyandMossConnection

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 16:39

I'd take the money
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 16:46

BradyandMossConnection wrote:
I'd take the money
as would i and i wouldnt be surprised to see Teixeira go to the Nationals with it bein 40 million more then the sox or angels have offered him.
Back to top Go down
BradyandMossConnection
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradyandMossConnection

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 16:50

I think Mark T is a beast
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 18:08

Angels offered him the 8 year deal he is lookin' for so I think we might have the slight edge....I wish he would just hurry up and sign already...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 18:10

Angels offered him the 8 year deal he is lookin' for so I think we might have the slight edge....I wish he would just hurry up and sign already...

yea my freind just called me and said the angels offered him 8 years over $160 million.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 18:11

and i dont think he will sign any time soon cuz i dont believe the red sox have formally offered him a deal yet. i think they were thinking they would offer him 8 years 160 but now it looks like they will have to go higher.
Back to top Go down
BradyandMossConnection
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradyandMossConnection

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 18:48

I think Mark T would rather play for Nats
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 19:00

Really?? We already know the man likes his money, but since he's going to get that from any of the four teams making an offer, I think he wants to play for a contender...
Back to top Go down
BradyandMossConnection
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradyandMossConnection

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 19:14

just for the money...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 19:43

Really?? We already know the man likes his money, but since he's going to get that from any of the four teams making an offer, I think he wants to play for a contender...
the nats are offering way more money then anaheim! its like 40 million difference i think. they want to make him the face of thier franchise. i believe there offer is 8 years 200mill something rediculous like that.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-13, 20:24

BOSTN BEANR wrote:

the nats are offering way more money then anaheim! its like 40 million difference i think. they want to make him the face of thier franchise. i believe there offer is 8 years 200mill something rediculous like that.

The National's offer is 8 years, 180 million, which comes out to 22.5 million a year....I don't know man, this one is such a toughy....Of course, as a hardcore Angels fan from birth, I want Tex to come back....yet, it's really hard to tell what's going to happen at this point...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-14, 08:55

I realy wana see him behind ortiz in that boston line up! We need someone to protect big papi that can hit 40+ hrs.. I dont know if hes worth 180 mill yet but if he gets us some championships itll be worth it.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-18, 20:43

espn.com reporting that the red sox are close to a deal with teixeira.. its reportedly 8 years $176 million or in that range.. it says theo epstein and scott boras are in negotiations right now.. lovin the way our lineup is panning out now! Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Teixeira, Drew, Youk, bay, Lowrie, tek(if he signs)... thats a deep lineup right there!!
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-19, 01:47

BOSTN BEANR wrote:
espn.com reporting that the red sox are close to a deal with teixeira.. its reportedly 8 years $176 million or in that range.. it says theo epstein and scott boras are in negotiations right now.. lovin the way our lineup is panning out now! Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Teixeira, Drew, Youk, bay, Lowrie, tek(if he signs)... thats a deep lineup right there!!

I heard that too man and I got pretty bummed...BUT then I got home, saw Yahoo and read this:

Boston Red Sox owner John W. Henry came out of a meeting Thursday night with free agent Mark Teixeira and his agent, Scott Boras, all but declaring that Boston was out of the running for the switch-hitting first baseman.

“We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him,” Henry wrote in an email. “After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor.”

That means that Teixeira is either going to be money hungry and go to the Nationals/Orioles OR he is going to the Angels. Damn, I sure hope it's the latter Smile
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-19, 15:31

BOSTN BEANR wrote:

I heard that too man and I got pretty bummed...BUT then I got home, saw Yahoo and read this:

Boston Red Sox owner John W. Henry came out of a meeting Thursday night with free agent Mark Teixeira and his agent, Scott Boras, all but declaring that Boston was out of the running for the switch-hitting first baseman.

“We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him,” Henry wrote in an email. “After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor.”

That means that Teixeira is either going to be money hungry and go to the Nationals/Orioles OR he is going to the Angels. Damn, I sure hope it's the latter Smile

ive heard a nasty rumor that the yankees stepped in and offered him 8 years $200 mill.. just a rumor but its the yanks, u never know!! death dead
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-19, 16:04

i dont think thats true about the yankees. i also heard an executive from the angles said that the sox had more money than them. i think if any team outbid the red sox then it was the nationals. but hopefully its just a Boras Bluff.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-19, 16:57

On ESPN, they were saying that Boras told the Red Sox they had been outbid by $15-20 million, even after raising their offer to 8 years/165 million...
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-19, 21:30

i'm glad the red sox did what they did. even tho they spend a lot of money people will respect us more than the yankees fopr limiting the amount of money we can spend.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-20, 02:26

They might not be out of it yet tho man...When there are characters like Epstein, Boras and Henry in the mix, anything is possible...

Right now though, the report is that Teixeira is looking for 8 years at 195 million...that's just an insane amount of money...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty2008-12-20, 12:54

the report is that Teixeira is looking for 8 years at 195 million...that's just an insane amount of money...

i've talked about this with people on here before..... NO ONE should get that much money with how important cash is these days. NO ONE. the best doctors and teachers should get paid more than athletes (even though not many of them are selling out stadiums for lectures or some s***). I mean, just sit back, and think about it for a while.... $200,000,000. You don't need that money in a lifetime!!

This is why i hate Bill Gates. get rid of your money, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED ALL THAT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teixeira... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teixeira...   Teixeira... Empty

Back to top Go down

Teixeira...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: General News :: Sports Talk :: Other Sports :: MLB-
Jump to: