Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Defensive guides are in the works

Go down 
+21
NickkaJ
mcfart01
jdub12280
D_Cash
Militant X 1
nawfside512
Mickey
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Swag Escobar
Chargerboi20
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Fudopi is That Dude
calvin5
HT eFFecTz
[xSnDx] willyj1587
bigbuddah
BoSpOrTsFaN
eddy102293
EggzOverEazy
duketango
Fudgy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jdub12280
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2008-11-27, 12:12

Barbarian24 wrote:
no jdub when ever i face sum1 who goes 3-4 i run all over it. good against the pass tho.

My eyes light up when i get to run against a 3 man front as well, but most people don't know how to play 3-4, and they don't know how to play gap control defense. I invite people to run on me, bc 3 out of 4 runs will be for losses. FB dives, iso's are fumbles waiting to happen. People don't adjust their fronts correctly and thats why people don't rely on the 3-4. I don't even have a monster Nose tackle, yet can stuff the run inside and out consistently.

If you're using a 3-4 playbook, you have to be dedicated to it. Pittsburgh doesn't allow the run, and has been 3-4 forever. I don't think they would stay in 3-4 for so many years, and it not be able to stop the run.

Madden is cheesy w/ the fb dives and qb sneaks.. but with the proper alignment those plays get blown up.

IMO
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2008-11-27, 18:17

jdub12280 wrote:
Barbarian24 wrote:
no jdub when ever i face sum1 who goes 3-4 i run all over it. good against the pass tho.

My eyes light up when i get to run against a 3 man front as well, but most people don't know how to play 3-4, and they don't know how to play gap control defense. I invite people to run on me, bc 3 out of 4 runs will be for losses. FB dives, iso's are fumbles waiting to happen. People don't adjust their fronts correctly and thats why people don't rely on the 3-4. I don't even have a monster Nose tackle, yet can stuff the run inside and out consistently.

If you're using a 3-4 playbook, you have to be dedicated to it. Pittsburgh doesn't allow the run, and has been 3-4 forever. I don't think they would stay in 3-4 for so many years, and it not be able to stop the run.

Madden is cheesy w/ the fb dives and qb sneaks.. but with the proper alignment those plays get blown up.

IMO

the Ravens run that 3-4 very effectively....with the exception agains the Giants....lol!

i also use the 3-4 and i love for people to think that they can run all over it....lol! there are a few good run stopping plays out of the 3-4 playbook that are top notch. but....like you said....most people really don't know how to run the 3-4 effectively. it is a very aggressive defense. it is not a "bend but don't break" type of defense. it doesn't just sit back and wait for the offense. it brings it to the offense!

the key (in my opinion) to a successful 3-4 defense is not the "3 Man" front....as we like to say....but in actuality....the "7 Man" front. meaning....i focus on the 3 Down lineman (2 DEs and 1 DT) and 4 solid LBs. when i run my Ravens....my "7-Man" front is HELLACIOUS!!!!

DEs: Suggs (87 speed, finesse), Pryce (bull-rusher)
DT: Ngata (bull-rusher)
LBs: Gooden (86 speed), Lewis (83 speed, smart etc.), Scott (82 speed, smart) & Barnes (86 speed)

my secondary is one of the best in the game with:

CBs: Washington, McAlister, Rolle & Ivy
FS: Ed Reed
SS:Zibikowski, Landry or Leonhard (all 3 are top-notch)

i stuff the runs by either spreading or stacking LBs in gaps. or...i will flip the play or....make a few O-line or LB shifts in order to bring the heat as well. when done properly....you can bring the blitz from all types of angels and keep the offense off-balance. the 3-4 can also handle multiple receivers well. overall...with the right personnel....the 3-4 can be tuff to play against.
Back to top Go down
mcfart01
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2008-11-29, 11:31

[

the Ravens run that 3-4 very effectively....with the exception agains the Giants....lol!

i also use the 3-4 and i love for people to think that they can run all over it....lol! there are a few good run stopping plays out of the 3-4 playbook that are top notch. but....like you said....most people really don't know how to run the 3-4 effectively. it is a very aggressive defense. it is not a "bend but don't break" type of defense. it doesn't just sit back and wait for the offense. it brings it to the offense!

the key (in my opinion) to a successful 3-4 defense is not the "3 Man" front....as we like to say....but in actuality....the "7 Man" front. meaning....i focus on the 3 Down lineman (2 DEs and 1 DT) and 4 solid LBs. when i run my Ravens....my "7-Man" front is HELLACIOUS!!!!

DEs: Suggs (87 speed, finesse), Pryce (bull-rusher)
DT: Ngata (bull-rusher)
LBs: Gooden (86 speed), Lewis (83 speed, smart etc.), Scott (82 speed, smart) & Barnes (86 speed)

my secondary is one of the best in the game with:

CBs: Washington, McAlister, Rolle & Ivy
FS: Ed Reed
SS:Zibikowski, Landry or Leonhard (all 3 are top-notch)

i stuff the runs by either spreading or stacking LBs in gaps. or...i will flip the play or....make a few O-line or LB shifts in order to bring the heat as well. when done properly....you can bring the blitz from all types of angels and keep the offense off-balance. the 3-4 can also handle multiple receivers well. overall...with the right personnel....the 3-4 can be tuff to play against.[/quote]

I like your defense set up but how you set up ur offense
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2008-11-29, 11:33

3-4 is weak if ur ps3 id love to play ya.
Back to top Go down
NickkaJ
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-01-20, 03:54

i wanna see the 3-4 book
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-01-30, 21:20

yea i wanna see a sample/preview of 3-4, i dont like 43
Back to top Go down
jimmyjam070
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-03-21, 15:27

where can i see the book?
im not seeing it on here
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-03-21, 16:30

[STARS] Mickey wrote:
3-4 is weak if ur ps3 id love to play ya.
i would like to play you too bruh! so...i could show you how weak my 3-4 defense is with my Ravens....lol!

Last edited by Militant X 1 on 2009-03-22, 14:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-03-22, 09:29

jimmyjam070 wrote:
im not seeing it on here

You gotta buy it man..........
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-03-22, 14:49

[EXS] AsTrOz o wrote:
jimmyjam070 wrote:
im not seeing it on here

You gotta buy it man..........

lol! lol! lol! tell him Strozzzzzz!
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty2009-04-06, 02:25

All guides can now be order only via email. All guides are a fixed price of $14.99

If interested contact: admins@forum.madden-school.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defensive guides are in the works   Defensive guides are in the works - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive guides are in the works
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3