Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?

Go down 
+10
bp_brien
xXTHeEddYXx
Hormel
CJDAWGG14
ticklemeelmo
Oldstalecheetos
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
2ToN
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
NinersWillis52
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-05-13

should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty
PostSubject: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 15:54

man i think this is a rip off people shouldnt have to play extra for a crucial part of the game i could see if it was an add on or something but its not its been going on uncharged for years now making video games is for the enjoyment of the customers and this is ridiculous im 17 and i see the flaws on this this is horrible and is making me consider getting into the video game business just to make competition and buy these guys out so i can run the whole op. this is BS! they arent even thinking about the younger people they expect that every one just has money falling from their ass in this crisis they dont this is retarted!!! what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:02

Well i guess im gonna pay for it cause i wanna play online but i don't like the idea but it's a business.
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:10

yeah thats true but i dont like it i mean what about all of the younger people that dont have jobs and have to rely on their parents the whole time? if your a parent you know that kids have short attention spans and sell and trade every game they get and even if they dont and they buy it and keep it used the parents have to pay an extra ten and if they get it used and the game is still new game stop and game crazy only take like 3 dollars off the price so they'll be paying 7 dollars more than they need to be paying!
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:31

if i understand the online pass thing right u dont pay for it if u bought the game new (think it comes with a code in it?) but if u bought it used u would have to pay 10 dollars to go online which is pretty much what NBA Live did so i really dont see a problem with this since it isnt the 1st time EA has done it nor other companies

its just to prevent companies like GameStop from profiting off EA's games with used games like the article on homepage says, since GS buys your 60 dollar game for 15 dollars and sells that game used for 40-50 bucks...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:38

ohhhhh iight then i stil think it bs though i aint got that kinda money! i worked for three months on tha corner just to get my 360!
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:48

NinersWillis52 wrote:
ohhhhh iight then i stil think it bs though i aint got that kinda money! i worked for three months on tha corner just to get my 360!
on the corner huh? should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? 595172 probably should have kept that to yourself anyways just buy the game new. new its 59.99 used it 54.99. you save not much of a difference now is there.
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 16:49

nah dog im talking about holdin a sign **** that sucking dick s***!
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 17:03

well, if youre gonna have to pay for online.. ill just stop playing... thats just ridiculous
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 17:06

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
well, if youre gonna have to pay for online.. ill just stop playing... thats just ridiculous

only if u bought the game used as in without a code in it just like NBA live did for their online play with um....DNA thing or whatever it was called....simply buy it new and theres no worries...

if u bought it used for idk 30 dollars u only pay 10 extra for online which brings it to 40 dollars, still 20 dollars cheaper than retail
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 17:07

i really actually like this move, just because i absolutely hate game-stop. i go there and see some of the games im planning on selling for like 10$. so im like sweet ill at least get a few bucks of this. they did not even offer me a full dollar for a single one of my games, i couldn't even do it i walked out games in hand.

I am going to buy the game new anyways the only flaw i see in this new system is if i take my game over to a friends house and wanna play online ill have to find a way to log into my account or won't be able to play, which isn't a big deal.

I am hoping this will at least make the scum bags at game-stop lower some of their ridiculous ass prices. 55$ for a used game that i can get new for 55$ f*cking pathetic.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 17:08

You don't pay for online if you bought the game fresh out the box.
If you buy it used, there still may be a chance you can use the code, but it's doubtful.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 17:08

2ToNald Trump wrote:
Oldstalecheetos wrote:

only if u bought the game used as in without a code in it just like NBA live did for their online play with um....DNA thing or whatever it was called....simply buy it new and theres no worries...

if u bought it used for idk 30 dollars u only pay 10 extra for online which brings it to 40 dollars, still 20 dollars cheaper than retail

i bet if you go to game-stop right now they are still trying to charge at least 45$ for madden 10, and probably like 30$ for madden 09.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 19:02

I'd pay for an online franchise if they had it set up like league daddy, except automatically save your stats and s***, that would be dope
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 19:39

YES! Keep the bums away from online! Less glitches Smile
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-13, 21:34

ill pay for online, when they hire someone to sniff out all the glitchers... the real ones, not the ones that are accused by crybabies... but guys that legitimately boost their records by freewinning, dc glitch... and permanently ban everyone that used qb walk in 09... there should be retroactive effects for that... lol
Back to top Go down
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-14, 14:40

it may be annoying but the majority of people on here are serious madden users and will be buying it new so will not affect them at all

secondly it is very good business as they are not dissuading any of the people who buy it new from getting it, but they are now making 10 dollars profit from those who buy it used. before this they were not making anything from those who buy it used, so they are adding revenue without losing any clientele
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-14, 14:43

yeah true but i still dont think you should have to pay for that part of the game they shoulda made you pay for online franchise or something like that
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-14, 14:46

i dono a whole lot about the situation but it seems to me like there just covering themselves on thier end, i dont really care much though, ill be fine in 11, but i do get your point man and its a valid one at that.
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-14, 16:10

yeah thanks
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-16, 17:17

i live in orlando, and i know one of the workers personally from EA. i was told that the making you pay online thing was more a "conditioning us for the future" move.

basically they plan to have something like bad company. they plan to eventually stop selling the physical CD and just have us DL the game content then log on to play. similar to a MMORPG. that's the direction EA wants to go. because they lose so much money off stores like Gamestop.

now there is still somethings that's not finalized but that's the main gist of it. conditioning us so it'll be a smoother transition to their ultimate goal. this is coming from an employee's mouth. so it's no bs.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-16, 17:54

I like the idea. Less people who rent the game will be able to get on and just quit out after they have a turnover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-16, 20:25

But what exactly is the problem? most of us buy it new anyways...
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-17, 13:56

yeah true and i cant wait until they just have you download the thing that would be so much better but if everyone started doing that then we would need hela big harddrives lol
Back to top Go down
wisemajic
New MS Member
New MS Member
wisemajic

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-28, 14:18

Well lets put the blame where it lies. Its places like Gamestop that has forced EA to do this. On the other side of that. Alot of retailers dont keep alot of older games on thier shelves. They have the new releases and thats all. Which for the most part is cool,but say if I start playing Ghost Recon 2. Never played the game before. I liked it. Then Id probably want to play Ghost Recon 1. Well good luck finding that somewhere now right? I only got into console ganing because of Madden,period. And was only game I played for years. Then I got into the realistic war games. Yea, Ghost Recon series starting with the original Xbox. Anyway,Im one of the ones who DONT play online. But I would luv to. I just dont like the rules. I dont like the short Qtrs. I dont like the clock run off. I dont like the fact you cant start a season or league with your own settings. And I really dont like the online cheating. Not just with Madden but most every game online. And especially the lagg. And im on a high speed connection,but still has lagg. Besides,im and x's and o,s type of player. Have been playing Maddedn since 1996,and I would just eat you "street" type players for lunch anyway. I think the Maddedn franchise is getting easier every year. Even at the high settings I play at. Catering to players that cant really play the game. Just an opinion. Peace!
Back to top Go down
wisemajic
New MS Member
New MS Member
wisemajic

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty2010-05-28, 14:24

EA may be loosing money, from places like gamestop. But to head towards not selling the physica CD and only put the game for download they would be loosing a ton more. Not everyone plays online. Some people that have the game dont have the connection or broadband connection to play online. I can,but I just choose not t play online,for reason mentioned above. But I think they will loose more by doing that. I just have alot of friends get together and we play in same franchise season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?   should they be making us pay for the online feature next year? Empty

Back to top Go down

should they be making us pay for the online feature next year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next