Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award

Go down 
+6
2ToN
Crunk
wayne019
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
matthauganak1
EggzOverEazy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty
PostSubject: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 09:26

The Associated Press took a re-vote on the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award in light of Brian Cushing's steroid use, but this time around the outcome was the same. Although there were AP members (like John Clayton) who changed their vote from Cushing to another player, it was not enough to punish the Texans' Linebacker further than his four game suspension.

Apparently there was even one reporter (out of... I forget) who changed his vote from someone else TO CUSHING! I guess he wanted to make a statement, he wrote an article about how he though the r-evote shouldn't happen... kinda lame.

Regardless, steroid use has a crazy effect on your body both when you're taking them and when you're coming off of them. Cushing will have to deal with going all natural for the rest of the career. Let's see if he can keep up now.

Last edited by EggzOverEazy on 2010-05-13, 16:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 11:29

That's dumb he shouldn't get DrOY he didn't deserve it what part of steroids don't the voters understand they should give it to Jairus (idk how to spell it) Bird
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 12:38

I think CUSHING has talent even without the roids but i will definitely have my eyes on him this season to see how he will perform.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 14:06

i truly can't believe it. like oh my fuckin god!!!! have we not seen steroids absolutely RAPE baseball. baseball was a joke for those few years, and i THINK its just now BARELY getting credibility from casual sports fans.

they can't allow steroids in football! strength plays too much a factor in the outcome of a game, and giving someone this unfair advantage is absolutely devastating to the sport. the proper league officials need to step up to make sure no one is playing while taking steroids.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 14:18

xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx wrote:
I think CUSHING has talent even without the roids but i will definitely have my eyes on him this season to see how he will perform.

cushing only had talent on roids
Back to top Go down
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 15:19

^
It was in early september when he was on roids and at that time his stats weren't that good until late in the season when he wasn't tested positive anymore for roids he only failed one test last season and it was early in the season.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 16:31

He still deserves it. He wouldnt have as much sacks and tackles, but he still has football smarts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 16:35

^
It was in early september when he was on roids and at that time his stats weren't that good until late in the season when he wasn't tested positive anymore for roids he only failed one test last season and it was early in the season.

what he took was designed to MASK his roid usage....so whos to say after his failed test he got smart and fixed up his cycles and what he took to better conceal his roidage

men dont take fertility drugs just to see how it is to be pregnant lol

also i am disappointed that you are competing vs my thread eazy

is this beef?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 17:14

yea, can we move this thread, or combine it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xXall-hail-MEGATRONXx

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-13, 18:21

Theres like 3 threads about CUSHING.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 03:46

This guy is right theres to many CUSHING threads.

We all know he accidently took roids but we all forgive him and wish him good luck.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 06:19

he accidently took them? FOR GODS SAKE IT WAS ROIDS YOU HAVE A CHOIC OF BEING SMART OR NOT. we dont forgive him we hope he does it again and gets kicked out
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 14:11

super_mario90 wrote:

This guy is right theres to many CUSHING threads.

We all know he accidently took roids but we all forgive him and wish him good luck.

why did you quote yourself? we know you're all hail megatron
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 16:37

Stay on topic 2TON.

CUSHING is a BEAST!!!! and im sure when he gets back on the feild he'll have a chip on his shoulders and prove to everyone that he deserved to keep his trophy.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 16:44

not minding mario's misspelling. He wont prove nothing. People who have been off the field kinda suck when they get back on for that first game
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 18:06

The time he has off from playing will give him time to jump on another 'roid cycle and take more pregger pills lol.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 18:15

super_mario90 wrote:
Stay on topic 2TON.

just another infraction for you...

*whistles*
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-14, 20:11

bottom line. he cheated got caught, got suspended won an award, they revoted and he wont it again. just goes to show. when you cheat in football you will get rewarded just like this guy.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 04:22

CUSHING deserved that award b/c he's a BEAST!!!! without the roids and thats why he won the award back.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 11:16

super_mario90 wrote:
CUSHING deserved that award b/c he's a BEAST!!!! without the roids and thats why he won the award back.

what do u mean without roids? what he took was a drug coupled with the standard steroid cycle as well to help mask it in a test

i mean hes been accused of this since the UsC days whos to say he wouldnt be who he is today without roids?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 16:00

Rumors of cushing being on steroids date all the way back to his highschool days, the drug he tested positive for (HCG) is a fertility drug, and commonly known masking agent, if your a guy in cushings position, the only reason you would have HCG in your system is to cover up a steroid cycle.
The fact he still has his award is beyond me i dont get this revoting business, he should have been stripped, and the award given to the runner up or they should have stripped him and did a revote with the remaining guys, i'd like to know what those 18 voters that stuck with cushing were thinking? i mean how fair is that, its more than the steroids, its simple he broke a rule when he won the award, you should not be rewarded for that, i truly feel bad for jarius byrd i feel like he's been cheated in this whole process.
Its like the NFL doesnt want to take away awards? but why not? if you broke the rules the NFL has set out for a reason then you shouldnt win it and if you do and they find evidence later that you did you should be stripped.
I guess more than cushing we should be mad at how long it took for him to finally get penalized for it, the NFL basically knew abou this and allowed a player to play an entire season under these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 18:02

yea, bottom line. He's a cheater. point blank.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 18:08

DUDE even brb said it he was doing it since High school. he doesnt need the award. he will always do it and he wont stop.
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 19:01

I'm loving how one of the writers changed their vote to Crushing lol. No one cares in football plain and simple. The bigger, stronger, and more roided up the better in most fans eyes. People want comic book sized football players and insane hits. Sad but true.

I love his excuses...I thought I had a tumor lol. If he just said yeah I did it he still would have won the award regardless lol.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty2010-05-15, 19:21

yea. people are stupid like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award   Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award Empty

Back to top Go down

Brian Cushing keeps the Defensive Rookie of The Year Award
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next