Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.

Go down 
+16
PrimaryFailure6
beerbuzz
Madd3n Guru
2ToN
allain43
Mickey
noob999
Swag Escobar
matthauganak1
WestFo3
super_mario90
PapaSmurf
B-__-R-__-B
Modrewgnu
chrisc2006
Elite
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty
PostSubject: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 20:41

Dont have a source, but its all over Shefter's twitter and NFL ****.

Cushing, rumored to be on steroids during his time at USC, tested positive for a banned substance. Suspended for 4 games.

Wheres our favorite Texans fan at?
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 20:46

Saw this on ESPN. Not surprised at all. Kid is a beast. What a blow to that defense.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 20:59

It is going to be very hard to replace a player of that caliber for the first 4 games. But you could kinda tell he was juicing. Some players jsut have that look about them
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 21:11

forget about the four games - what impact will this make on him when he comes back? Look at the difference it made to Merriman...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:19

and dont the texans play the boys week 3? that a big blow for that defense, its gonna be hard without him, wonder who will fill in for him?
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:24

lol drum roll for super mario......

but seriously that sucks for the texans
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:25

^
OH they'll be fine.

***DAMN*** THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT

HOUSTON (AP) — Texans linebacker Brian Cushing was suspended for four games on Friday for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The 2009 Defensive Rookie of the Year will miss the first four games of the upcoming season and be eligible to return during the week of Oct. 4. The Texans play Indianapolis, Washington, Dallas and Oakland during his suspension.

Cushing can participate in preseason practices and games.

"We were disappointed to learn that Brian has been suspended for the first four games of the 2010 season," Houston general manager Rick Smith said in a statement. "Brian is a productive member of our team and this is a significant loss, but we have to be prepared to win without him."

Cushing, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft out of Southern California, had 133 tackles in 2009. The Texans finished 9-7 last season for their first winning record thanks in part to the improvement of a young defense that features Cushing, star middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and 2006 top overall pick Mario Williams.

Veteran Kevin Bentley, who appeared in each game for Houston last season but never started, is Cushing's backup at outside linebacker.

Cushing was hounded by rumors of performance-enhancing drug use before he became a pro, but the Texans were undeterred. They said then they found no truth to those rumors in their draft preparations.

"I've passed every drug test out there and still have," Cushing said during his 2009 draft press conference. "I'm not that kind of guy."

Cushing had been promoting an appearance on the NFL **** show Total Access Live scheduled for Friday evening on his Facebook page before posting the following message Friday afternoon: "Had to cancel NFL **** and all other interviews due to a family emergency. Heading to airport to fly back to NJ to be with the fam."

Cushing did not provide any further details about the emergency. He is from New Jersey and had been in school in California this week.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:29

I am so F*CKING PISSED right now 3 out of the first 4 teams they face are running teams too BENTLY better show up he played well 2 yr's ago when zac diles got hurt.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:41

werent there rumors about him failing a steroid test comming out of USC? coulda sworn i remeber hearing something about that.....
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 22:48

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
werent there rumors about him failing a steroid test comming out of USC? coulda sworn i remeber hearing something about that.....

Him, Rey and Clay... usCHEAT
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-07, 23:40

When cushing makes a play like a huge tackle in the back feild or a sack he better not get up and flex his muscles that would be kinda ironic.

The other day CUSHING was joking on his twittter page about putting mario williams in a head lock how ironic is that.
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 00:47

That sucks for the texans they might have gone to the play offs to
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 03:45

The Offense is gonna have to work extra hard to make up for CUSHINGS absence.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 10:37

chrisc2006 wrote:
Saw this on ESPN. Not surprised at all. Kid is a beast. What a blow to that defense.

A beast because of the roids...like Elite said wat happens when he isnt on them anymore? shawne merriman was a fucking sack monster on roids he hasnt been the same since
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 10:44

does this mean he was on them his rookie season? if so, does it mean it was the roids that won him the defensive rookie of the year award? was it him or the roids that won the award and played so well? also if it was the roids was jarius byrd a better canidate for the defensive rookie of the year award? just thought i'd bring it up i saw them discussing it on NFL **** and it got me wondering.
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 10:50

Ton of pro atheletes do 'roids. You just don't know who all does. It's like trying to figure out the ones who pay for call girls and those that cheat on their wives. There are a crap load and the vast majority aren't getting caught. The ones who aren't getting caught are very smart on the testing windows and know of other drugs that aren't detectable via a urine test. Blood test them or just legalize 'roids either works for me. The Union is scared doing a blood test because you all would see the large number of players getting caught. Saying your running a clean league and not blood testing your atheletes is just a facade. The testing window for drugs like HGH is only 3 days hence while some steriods can have over 3-4 testing windows hence random drug testing year round.
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 11:15

So this is how the almighty Texans get down.
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 15:21

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
does this mean he was on them his rookie season? if so, does it mean it was the roids that won him the defensive rookie of the year award? was it him or the roids that won the award and played so well? also if it was the roids was jarius byrd a better canidate for the defensive rookie of the year award? just thought i'd bring it up i saw them discussing it on NFL **** and it got me wondering.

Who finished second in voting? Bryd or Orakpo?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 15:29

i dono, i just heard rich, marshal, & michael talking about it on the NFL **** this morning, if roids were involed during his rookie season i would have liked to see orakpo or byrd win it.
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 15:29

According to CBS Sports it has byrd as second but I thought it should of been Orakpo.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 15:36

well either way, now that cushing is in this situation he is, it looks like it wouldnt be wrong to say either one of those guys deserved to win it.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 17:17

Mickey wrote:
So this is how the almighty Texans get down.

LOL naw just CUSHING.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 17:25

This is a CONSPIRACY! i think the league been knowing about this.

I wounder what took so long for this news to come out if there were rumors about him using roids before the draft how come nobody found out last season.

ROGER GOODELL is just trying to sabotage the TEXANS season.
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 18:02

super_mario90 wrote:
This is a CONSPIRACY! i think the league been knowing about this.

I wounder what took so long for this news to come out if there were rumors about him using roids before the draft how come nobody found out last season.

ROGER GOODELL is just trying to sabotage the TEXANS season.
When I first read this post the first thought on my mind was when is super mario going to say the is a conspiracy, then I was like no not even he would say something that dumb and then you actually did you never seize to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty2010-05-08, 19:25

is this really a surprise? if u watched cushing during that path to the draft u could see the signs of roids

clay mathews next up on the roid list....
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.   Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cushing suspended 4 games for Steroids.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next