Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Madd3n Guru
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty
PostSubject: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 17:57

Does speed = Wins? or Does right personnell on the field = Wins?

Okay so ive always liked the vikings but I always thought that they were way to slow to run the kind of defense I run. But today I thought why not lets give it a try... So im playing with the vikings with this ...

RE: Allen

DT: William duo

LE: Edwards

MLB: Henderson- Brinkley ( they have 97 and 91 P.O.W )

OLB: Greenway- Leber

CB: Griffin - Winfield

FS: Johnson

So I thought to myself and said well Im always in man but what if i covert to a zone base D. And it was amazing you can anything you want with the DL. I mean if you just blitz each DLinemen youll get pressure as fast as a NANO.

When/if you decide to go to man you can put Johnson at OLB and just replace him with another FS, for extra speed.

Run defense with this team is amazing its like suicide for the opponent. Look you have this on the Line 99 - 97 - 91 - 85 but if you dont like that 85 there you can always put Greenway whos a 92.

Anyways I just wanted to say that Im not sure that speed with the 4-4 is the way to go. I still like it better but thats just me because IM AN EAGLES FAN BABY! But if you can get a team with speed and strength then great if you want that I recomend the Chargers, but I find there Offense a lil to slow for my taste but its your choice so tell me what you think. Thanks
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 20:37

yeah speed isnt a neccessity with the 4-4, its nice to have but you dont need it, i run it with philly and stew and J.T. have below 75 speed and i rack up the sacks just fine with them.
Back to top Go down
Madd3n Guru
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 20:42

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
yeah speed isnt a neccessity with the 4-4, its nice to have but you dont need it, i run it with philly and stew and J.T. have below 75 speed and i rack up the sacks just fine with them.
Yeah as mlb you can have a LB with 40 speed and still get sacks but, im talkin more about olb with man coverage
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 20:57

yeah well see i rotate, white, fokou, witherspoon, and jordan so speed isnt a problem but i dont like them maned up so ill put in demps or mikell at OLB and man them up from there.
Back to top Go down
Madd3n Guru
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 21:38

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
yeah well see i rotate, white, fokou, witherspoon, and jordan so speed isnt a problem but i dont like them maned up so ill put in demps or mikell at OLB and man them up from there.
what i use to do sometimes i come out in cover 2 invert and i man up the olbs to whoever i think is the biggest threat. then i put both DEs in whatever zones i want want or man them up to the RB and FB. Then i setup the Nano
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty2010-04-25, 21:43

sounds like a pretty nice concept/scheme man but its not really me i gotta downhill hit you in the mouth type of philosophy so instant pressure is a must ive always got guys flying around and my blitzes and coverage D's all look the same so its nice cuz it adds confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?   Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Madd3n Guru- Do You Really Need Speed To Run The 4-4?
Page 1 of 1