Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Fact and Fiction in the NFL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Fact and Fiction in the NFL Empty
PostSubject: Fact and Fiction in the NFL   Fact and Fiction in the NFL Empty2010-04-23, 22:35

Last week, I posted fact and fiction in the sportsworld. Now, this week in Fact and Fiction, I am touching down on the NFL only, mainly because of the NFL Draft going on....

Fact: Al Davis rocked the NFL when he decided to draft an impact player in the first round by the name of Rolando McClain. He went with football talent, instead of athletic talent...I wanted McClain to begin with, but I felt Al Davis would make a bonehead pick again, and I even stated that in last week's fact and fiction post.

Fiction: Oakland will return to the playoffs...Hold on Raider fans..Too early to say that...Where's the OL help we need? Where's the QB help we need? Al did a good job addressing the run defense, but we need to address more to be a top threat once again.

Fact: I loved the idea that Jimmy Clausen fell to the Panthers. Man, he has a very good situation over there. Can he be a good QB in the NFL. Its possible..Only time will tell.

Fiction: Alot of critics say that Jimmy Clausen is NFL ready since he played a pro style offense at Notre Dame. While this is all true, doesn't mean Jimmy Clausen will pan out as an elite QB..Only time will tell on that.

Fact: Detroit made a statement in the draft. We all knew that they would take Suh, but Detroit made a hell of a statement coming back into the first round to grab Jahvid Best. I liked the move they made for him...

Fiction: Just because the Lions had a excellent draft and all doesn't mean they will be a good team. Its too early to say that..But the Lions can make a push for 6 or 7 wins this season..

Fact: The Jets ain't playing around at all...In the first round, they grabbed Kyle Wilson, which I felt was a very bold move and statement at the sametime..Rex has a plan for his d, and I really think the Jets will have the best defense this season hands down...

Fiction: You can have the most talented defense in the NFL, but it doesn't mean it will translate to a Superbowl. On paper, the Jets D translates into the top D. But will they perform that way in the regular season, and the playoffs? Hmmmm.

Fact: The Denver Broncos made me laugh out of my seat when they drafted Tim Tebow...Man, I loved the pick..Why is that? Aside from the Raiders picking McClain, Tebow has to see McClain again 2 times a year...LOL...I guess Tebow can't catch a break from McClain just yet...Does Tebow have potential? What player in the NFL doesn't have potential? They made it to the NFL, so obviously the players that make it to the NFL have skill...I'm not trying to take nothing away from Tebow. He is a good kid at heart..I just have doubts about him playing as a QB at an elite level.

Fiction: Just because Tebow had success in college doesn't mean it translates to him being a BEAST in the NFL. What will Denver do with him? I hope the coach doesn't try to bring in Florida's offense and run it over there. And something tells me, Josh McDaniels will try his wildcat scheme with Tebow too...Tebow, you're a good guy, but your coach is about to get you lit up...Just a warning...

Fact: This is one of the best NFL drafts I've seen so far. Alot of surprises caught me off guard, and from a fans point of view, I loved every bit of it.

Fiction: Will there be another draft like this, especially for a Raider fan such as myself? I highly doubt it man.

And that is it with The Don's Fact and Fiction special. Stay tuned next week for more Fact and Fiction..
Back to top Go down

Fact and Fiction in the NFL
Page 1 of 1