Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees

Go down 
+15
B-__-R-__-B
so much swag
Big Hungry 702
SAYWHAJAWS
cmccray2639
CJDAWGG14
Ketcham While They're Hot
layinWOOD
c4jun
Ellard
A Packering Ape
wayne019
Crunk
PapaSmurf
Modrewgnu
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty
PostSubject: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 18:27

Though voting has not yet officially come to a close, it looks like Drew Brees has beaten out Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne as the featured player on the cover of the next Madden NFL. ESPN reporter Adam Schefter is blamed for leaking in a tweet what most fans already expected, stating "Beware of the curse, New Orleans. Looks like Saints QB Drew Brees is poised to be on the cover of EA Sports' Madden 11 video game." Though this does not carry official backing by EA (which should come some time before the draft kicks off tomorrow night), Schefter bears high credibility as an NFL insider.

Though this revelation is great news to Saints fans, Brees' cover presence will put him in the shadow of the fabled Madden curse. When the Super Bowl MVP was asked about the possibility of winning the vote, he responded "You know what, I'm not rooting against it. If it does happen, just like records are made to be broken, curses are made to be broken too. If the fans have spoken, if I am indeed their vote, then I'll do my best to break that trend."

Will "Breesus" be able to rise above a haunting vex that is purported as the culprit for so many injuries? The Vikings' Daunte Culpepper appeared on the 2002 cover of Madden, then showed poor performance before blowing out both knees in 2005 and 2006. The Rams' Marshall Faulk graced the 2003 cover, then he too showed a decline in performance before knee injuries caused him to seek surgery and retirement in 2005. The Falcons' Michael Vick landed on the 2004 cover, then broke his leg in pre-season. In 2005 Ray Lewis of the Ravens suffered a wrist injury after appearing in the apparently haunted spotlight. The 2006 Madden cover hosted the Eagles' Donovan McNabb, who tore his ACL and meniscus of his right knee, not to mention a sports hernia. Shaun Alexander was the feature of Madden NFL 2007, and subsequently received a foot injury. The Titans' Vince Young was on the cover of 2008's Madden, then suffered an injured knee. Brett Favre, who appeared on the cover of Madden 09 in a Green Bay jersey that he would switch for a Jets jersey, which he in turn would change for a Vikings jersey, claimed a torn biceps injury after becoming the face of the sports title. The final culmination of the curse struck after the Madden 2010 cover was shared by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu and the Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald, afflicting Polamalu with a sprained MCL and injured posterior cruciate ligament, while Fitzgerald claimed a knee injury in week 14.

Drew Brees will once again face incredible odds as he steels himself against such a looming omen. With number nine at the helm, the Saints have finally earned the respect of a nation that once tauntingly wore paper bag masks to "Aints" games, hushing all naysayers and lifting the hearts of those who still believed in poetic justice. Maybe the fervent fans of the New Orleans Saints have the remedy that will dispel the Madden hex; perhaps all it takes is a little faith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 18:31

not to be a dick but.. he is named on the cover.. its jus not totally official till tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 18:58

He'll play all 16 games and everyone should have known he was going to be on the cover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 19:11

madden curseeeeee come to play and make brees injuried
Back to top Go down
A Packering Ape
New MS Member
New MS Member
A Packering Ape

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:04

Fixed ass voting.They knew before their bs voting.Its all apart of pitying the saints and New Orleans.C'mon Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne.Why not Revis Woodson, Manning, (kobe was on two different games),Romo, or CJ. I only see this voting as a excuse to put an active white person on the cover.It's their game who cares who they put on the cover as long as they're good.Who in their right mind thought Reggie or Jared had a shot.The saints Hurricane Katrina Relief Pity Parade is almost over and they can fall off like the Bucs back into the Lions and Rams side of the NFL in 1-3 years.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:29

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brees may god be with you to take us to SB45 and defend our title.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:29

A Packering Ape wrote:
Fixed ass voting.They knew before their bs voting.Its all apart of pitying the saints and New Orleans.C'mon Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne.Why not Revis Woodson, Manning, (kobe was on two different games),Romo, or CJ. I only see this voting as a excuse to put an active white person on the cover.It's their game who cares who they put on the cover as long as they're good.Who in their right mind thought Reggie or Jared had a shot.The saints Hurricane Katrina Relief Pity Parade is almost over and they can fall off like the Bucs back into the Lions and Rams side of the NFL in 1-3 years.

Hey BUM!!! We won the Superbowl where Aaron Rogers at?? Hes looking up and Brett Farve's Stats. Don't hate bruh!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
A Packering Ape
New MS Member
New MS Member
A Packering Ape

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:46

c4jun wrote:
A Packering Ape wrote:

Hey BUM!!! We won the Superbowl where Aaron Rogers at?? Hes looking up and Brett Farve's Stats. Don't hate bruh!!

Damn I lived in New Orleans my whole life where did all these Saints fans come from.Ive never seen so many.Arod passed Favre for second most yrds in a packer season.Packers are building toward winning not taking sloppy seconds.(Besides woodson/harris).So many saints fans in so little time.Let me guess u was a eagle fan when they got T.O. Patriots when they got Moss and now ur a jets fan right.It only took 1836 people to die to get a super bowl in N.O. but thats right they won it for the city.

Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:57

Damn bro, Brees on the cover really cut you deep...
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 20:59

A Packering Ape wrote:
c4jun wrote:
A Packering Ape wrote:

Damn I lived in New Orleans my whole life where did all these Saints fans come from.Ive never seen so many.Arod passed Favre for second most yrds in a packer season.Packers are building toward winning not taking sloppy seconds.(Besides woodson/harris).So many saints fans in so little time.Let me guess u was a eagle fan when they got T.O. Patriots when they got Moss and now ur a jets fan right.It only took 1836 people to die to get a super bowl in N.O. but thats right they won it for the city.

Sheesh man. Take your hate and go away. Drew Brees deserves to be on the cover. He's one of the elite QBs in the NFL and is a good guy in general for EA to tout as their cover man. Sure, there are always other people who are just as deserving, but that's life. No need to hate on fans just because you didn't get your way.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 21:00

Yeah man, this isn't serious like that. Only thing it does is make people wonder about the Madden Curse.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-21, 23:12

A Packering Ape wrote:

Lmao.. you sound like a fcking idiot. Im sure the colts and everyone else just layed down for the saints in 2009 since they had a hurricane there 4 years earlier lol. bet you wouldnt be crying this much if they had voted aaron rodgers to the cover. quit ur bitchin, just makes you look stupid. clown
Back to top Go down
SAYWHAJAWS
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 00:53

THIS MOTHAFUCKIN BS.. BREES DOESNT DESERVE ,HE JUST GOT IT BECAUSE HE WON THE SUPERBOWL. EVERYONE KNOWS IT SHOULD BE CJ.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 03:28

actually....i think brees is a dam good choice for cover boy, its ok though cause guess what that means, MADDEN CURSE BITCHES!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 15:53

YEAH!! ITG SHOULD'VE BEEN CJ' BAR NONE!! OR ROMO...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 15:57

shoulda been desean...... jus playin but really it shoulda been CJ or they should of done a two player cover like last year but this year do revis and andre johnson.
Back to top Go down
BlackMassRevrend
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BlackMassRevrend

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 16:25

Im ok with it..I just hope he breaks the curse..And for old boy who "lived in New Orleans his whole life"looks like to me you jumped on a Green Bay bandwagon when the Saints were terrible..Let it be bud..It is really not that serious..And by the way ive been watching football for almost 30 yrs and always have been a Saints fan and I get Suday Ticket so Ive seen every team play and the Saints were in the top 4 teams..Put em all in a pot called the playoffs and anything can happen..and it did..No one layed down..I do agree about the closet Saints fans..where did they come from?they werent there when i was comin up..oh well people can do what they want..its a free country..
Back to top Go down
http://will_dimonde@yahoo.com
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-22, 16:27

well there goes his season...i wonder how the madden curse will work this year?
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-23, 04:27

Well say goodbye to the saints having a good season. hes either gonna get injured or have a sub par season. good luck saints.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty2010-04-23, 07:25

I think Brees was a good pick for the madden cover
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees   Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 11 Cover Athlete is Drew Brees
Page 1 of 1