Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Dollar Scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aFanOntheField
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Dollar Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Dollar Scheme   Dollar Scheme Empty2010-04-13, 11:40

This is a little scheme I've been using lately to help contain qb rollouts and flat abusers and/or a combination of the two. This isn't the only type of defense i use, however I have found it to be quit effective.

I have in my audibles "Max Sting 3" outta the Dollar formation. It has both inside CB's blitzing, one LBer blitzing while the other is in a Purple Zone, I user the Purple Zone. It also has the NT in a yellow zone.

Simply make sure the LBer in purple zone is covering the RB, so you may need to flip the play. But if your opponent likes to hit the TE in the flats, you may need set up accordingly.

I like to shift the line to the opposite side of the purple zone ( if the purple zone is on the right side of your screen, shift line to the left or vice versa ) I walk the purple zone up to the outside edge of the DE and press my DB's. This play gets really good pressure and alot of times ends with a pick over the middle because of the NT in zone. I place Michael Johnson [ Cin ] at NT because he's tall and fast. The Bengals used him in that spot some this year so it isn't "cheese" {whatever that means}.

Additionally, you can confuse your opponent by flipping the play, or appearing to, and user the blitzing LBer. Just be sure it looks exactly the same as if you were dropping into coverage.

Now, in the Dollar there is a play called "Max Sting 2" which blitzes both LBer's and both inside CB's while the outside CB's are in flat zones. The NT is still in a yellow zone. If I don't put both LBer's in purple, I'll put one in man on the TE, usually though i put both in purple, just depends.

There is also a play called "DBL Corner Pinch". This has both outside CB's blitzing, both inside CB's in yellow and both LBer's blitzing. The NT is still in yellow. Again, if I don't put both LBer's in purple, I put one in man, usually both in purple though, just depends. So between these three plays, you have pressure coming from the inside -- to the ouside, respectively.

I mentioned that "Max Sting 3" is in my audibles, so alot of the time I come out in cover 4 and audible, hoping my opponent no huddles so i can set him up for a pick. You'll have to figure out when and where to use these plays, because it's a guessing game and each of these plays has holes.

These are combination plays. It is parmount that they all look the same so your opponent can't make a read. like I said, every now and then I'll drop back in C4 or even throw in a C3.You gotta mix it up.

Use these plays against 3 or 4 receiver sets. They are particularly effective against Shotgun because it's easier for you to see where to place the purple zone. **NOTE** you should already have a "screen stopper" in your audibles.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Dollar Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dollar Scheme   Dollar Scheme Empty2010-04-13, 15:22

nice post keep them coming
Back to top Go down
sliqnes