Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Usering a FS or SS

Go down 
+7
Madden's Finest 200
Ellard
leke2cool
B-__-R-__-B
jayfury
CJDAWGG14
Ant1010 I Play Wii
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bg2k2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-12, 21:28

where mike mitchell he is a beast
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-12, 21:58

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
as far as safties go i only roll with philly so victor "macho" harris is my guy, doode is a beast cuz he has crazy juke, spin, and jump ratings, the juke and spin ratings are good for after the pick cuz i can usually put a nice move a persuing QB or O-lineman.

When i play with the Eagles, i put Sean Jones in at free safety, he is a beast! Hard hitter, good catching and jumping but he lacks speed
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-12, 22:09

Ant1010 I Play Wii wrote:
B-__-R-__-B wrote:
macho beasts for me, if you know how to use him he's monstar.
your kind of contradicting yourself ant, you say reggie is soft against the run but your talkin about sean smith and DRC playing saftey when they are beyond soft in the run game, so whats wrong with reggie? he's more stout against the run than DRC or sean taylor.

Reggie isn't 6'2 with 98 speed and 99 jump. That's the whole point, i mentioned that in my last paragraph as well but i guess you overlooked it.

but a ball hawk none the less right? just cuz a guy isnt 6'2 with 98 speed doesnt mean that he isnt usefull you said reggie is soft vs. the run but he's more stout than DRC? if your willing to put DRC at saftey then you cant really argue with reggie at saftey, would you play aaron francisco of the colts over antoine bethea? or melvin bullit over bob sanders simply cuz there taller? height & speed isnt everything man as the raiders are a prime example of this, there all like 6'1 with 90+ speed but there horrible, so do you play them simply cuz there tall and fast? all im gettin at is that smaller guys like sanders and nelson and reed can ball out despite there size.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 00:25

DRC's stats and height are better than Nelsons. 98 speed >93 speed. 99 Jump > Whatever Nelsons is. 6'2>5'11

I'll go snag the ball.

Oh and to the other Eagles guy, yea Shawn Green is actually good. I've been using Macho a lot and i figured if i can use his 86 speed, then i can use Jones 6'1 frame along with his hit power over Macho's. Jones is very underrated. No worse then using Roole or Sharper or someone of that caliber.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 02:20

Ant1010 I Play Wii wrote:
DRC's stats and height are better than Nelsons. 98 speed >93 speed. 99 Jump > Whatever Nelsons is. 6'2>5'11

I'll go snag the ball.

Oh and to the other Eagles guy, yea Shawn Green is actually good. I've been using Macho a lot and i figured if i can use his 86 speed, then i can use Jones 6'1 frame along with his hit power over Macho's. Jones is very underrated. No worse then using Roole or Sharper or someone of that caliber.

i mean nelson is gonna go up and make plays on the ball same as DRC is though? whatever, at the very least i guess we can AGREE to DISAGREE, as for the eagels shawn green? i assume you mean sean jones, and yess he's great, i think we sent him off to the bucs, not sure, anyways the only reason i use macho over S.J. is cuz macho has better ball skills and his juke and spin move ratings are real nice after the pick cuz he brakes so many tackles, i rotate my safties alot though if its 3rd and long or an obvious passing situation ill roll with demps (89 speed) or macho (great ball skills and moves after the pick) if its short yardage or an obvious run situation ill rock S.J. (88 hit power) or quintin mikell (he doesnt excel at one specific thing but is good at alot of different things and is strong against the run).
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 02:27

ive never tried moving my corners to safety.. i like having the best corners on the field that i can bc i like running a fair amount of man coverage and user my safety/fastest lb to help out handling slot guys and backs outta the backfield.. i would hate to take mathis away from being a corner bc when i man him up on someone i feel very confident thats a player i dont have to worry abt much anymore bc of his cover skills.. who do u use at cb once u move DRC, ant?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 02:43

thats how i feel too man sante for me can shut down a whole side of the field then i got sheldon on the other side and me up top lockin the middle down, i really like the jags lik they have two CB's in cox and mathis wich i feel like they can hold there own on the outside, then you got reggie at FS and one of the big hitters at SS, so really you got 3 hawks n a hammer on the field and that IMO can be leathal, the jags are really one of those underused teams that alot of people dont play with for one reason or another but they can be real good if your willing to see past there low lights, im not against CB's at saftey cuz occasionally ill switch it up and have sante or brown there and have hobbs or jose at CB, i guess it kinda depends on your scheme as well.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 02:51

well ive been rockin the 44 here lately and its been doing good for me.. and im back to solely using the jags.. took me a minute to find an offensive pb i liked with them but ive settled on one and got 4 str8 wins now, all against 30+ lvl opponents.. im lookin forward to the draft in a few days to see what other pieces the jags can pick up. sorry for jackin the post and getting off topic
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 08:16

Reggie Nelson is in the same boat as Reed and Troy Poly. There are plenty of guys who move CB's to S. A.Cro, Sheldon Brown, A.Winfield, etc.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 10:52

maddens wierd like that though, sante lays bigger hits than sheldon most of the time, i thought playing sheldon at saftey would be a good idea as i figured thats the direction he was headed anyways with his play declining, anyways he's got like 93 agility but i always get the stiff hips animation from him, i dont have that problem with macho maybe its the way im using him but i like my setup cuz sheldon and sante can lock down guys and hobbs and jose are perfect to spell them so i always have a fresh CB, so i guess it worked out for me.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 11:30

Yea you have a point
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 11:51

madden works in mysterious ways.... anyways ant leme ask you something, since your a bigger fan of the tall fast guys, where do guys like bob sanders or nick collins fit in? surely with there speed and ratings there's gotta be a spot for them on the field.
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 13:24

i know Dawkins is getting up there in age, but he still and always will be a bad ass free safety! He might not be that tall but he is fast and a very hard hitter!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 13:32

Bob Sanders is my SS. Beathea is a sleeper user as well. He's like the older version of Landry. Can't run as fast (89 speed though) Can't jump as high, but can still hit the hell out anyone. i think his hit power and tackling is bigger than Landry's.
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 14:00

everyone is overlooking Quintin Mikell, he may not have height (5-10) but he is quick and has pretty good jumping and catching!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 14:28

Mikell is 4th on my list.
1. Jones
2.Brown
3. Harris
4. Mikell
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 17:00

mikell had a pro bowl season but i get the stiff hips animation from him, that 88 speed is real attractive but that 83 agility and 87 acceleration actually make him move more like a 85-86 speed player when i user him, it sucks but i can never change direction real well with him thats why i only use him in the run game i just cant keep up with WR's when i use him, he does come in hand at OLB though in my 4-4 setup.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 17:07

that 83 agil is why i give the nod to Jones. Agil deals with change in direction while accel, determines how fast you get up to your fastest speed.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty2010-04-13, 17:48

i used jones alot during the season, but now that the eagles have let him go to tampa i believe? ive been using macho way more, guess thats just the eagles fan in me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Usering a FS or SS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2