Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Usering a FS or SS

Go down 
+7
Madden's Finest 200
Ellard
leke2cool
B-__-R-__-B
jayfury
CJDAWGG14
Ant1010 I Play Wii
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:21

I'm sure a lot of people here user a free safety whether is be an original SS, CB or FS, you user him. What are you top DB's to use a FS

1. DRC
2. A.Cromartie
3. P.Watkins
4. A.Wilson
5.S.Smith(Miami)
6.J.Barrett(Denver)
7.C.Johnson(Oakland)
8.C.Woodson
9. L.Landry
10. J.Bushing(Houston)
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:24

You can make anybody good when usering them, so it doesn't matter who you're using 9/10 times.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:33

I'm pretty sure it does. You can make anyone RB look good, but there's a huge difference between, B.Jacobs and J.Charles. There is also a big difference between, S.Logan and C.Johnson so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don't give me that.
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:38

give me L. Landry all day. overall no other db is touching him in terms of usering goes.

92 spd, 96 acc, 98 hitpower, 80 str, 93 agi, 95 jmp, 80 tackle. 86 bsh, 95, sta, 97 inj....54 cth

dude is NASTY. wish the titans had him.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:39

Landry is a beast, i just wish he was a little bit taller. 6'1 and he would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:41

sure theres a difference but its still all about how you user that player and about playing to the guys strengths, user skill alot of times comes into play more than the actually player the user is usering, ive played against guys that user cromarite at saftey and i got macho and macho at the end of the day has a better game than cro cuz im a better user player than my opp. was
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:48

This has nothing to do about how skilled you are using the player. I can't help if a guy is using Cromar terribly, i know if he was in my hands it would be a different outcome. A-Cro is a much better User than M.Harris no matter what or how you try to explain. NOTHING you can say that would even make sense to anyone. Antonio Cromartie for the Chargers is a better user Safety than Macho Harris for the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 17:54

see thats the thing though were talkin about USER players, players that people USER, not who is the better saftey,im not saying macho is a better user player than cro but in my hands he is cuz ima better user player than the guy i was playing, what im getting at is that it doesnt matter so much about the player its more about how much stick skill you got, you can user the best saftey in the game but if you dont know how to user him then it really doesnt matter how good the player is, IMO players like DRC and cro just make it easier to user the saftey postition, cro is a better user player than macho but if you aint got stick then it dont mean s***.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 18:01

Ok Play 2 games D.Piterson or Patterson or whatever that shitty cb is for the Eagles and play with him up top and tell me how much of WHO you're using doesn't matter. Who you user matters just as much as your stick skill. There's a difference between J.Russell and D.Brees, TJ Duckett and M.Turner and A.Cromartie and say, Ryan Clark. A lot has to do with skill, but a lot has to do the player as well.
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 18:02

daniel manning
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 18:26

Laron Landry
Sean Smith
Terrell Johnson
Tyrell Johnson @ FS (Antione Winfield @ SS)
Josh Barrett
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 18:28

Ant1010 I Play Wii wrote:
A lot has to do with skill, but a lot has to do the player as well.

i wouldnt disagree with you on that but im sayin that is MORE about the skill of the user than it is the rating of the player being usered, and were talkin about user players mainly the saftey position so dont throw out RB's and QB's cuz thats different, all im getting at is that it doesnt matter so much about the ratings and all that cuz you could have a guy that users a 99 maxed out FS thats 7 ft but if he doesnt know how to user him what good is that hight and the ratings? and for you information ant i have played a game with dimitri patterson, sheldon and sante went out for the game in the first quarter and my other safties were RED and tired so i played patterson cuz he was my only fresh players and i wanted to user the worst player cuz i feel like my user skills can make up for his bad ratings so i had jose and ellis at CB's and i usered patterson and came away with 4 knock downs, 2 picks, 1 FF, and a sack. so thats why i say its more user skill than the actuall player u user, i mean the player CAN be important, but for me its not so much its just understanding the player your usering and adjusting to his ratings and height.
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 19:05

i say l. landry because he has the ratings to make whatever it is you're trying to do that much better. so IF you do get the tackle, they might fumble or get hurt with his 98 hitpower, 80 str. he has the speed, acc and agility to recover and get to the ball. and he won't get tired or hurt much. and at 6'0 tall with 95 jump to help with user knockdowns and picks.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 20:04

Don't argue with Ant, he plays wii. lol!
And it really doesn't matter who you user. L2 + triangle Can be done with anybody, even a DT.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 20:20

I just played with Landry JF. The guy is a beast. I just wish the Skins had one more backer to use.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 23:26

i have to agree, landry is a beast.. he is the sole reason i use redskins sometimes.. i leave the flats open on his side most the time just to entice people to throw there so i can lay people out. landry will cause 1-2 fumbles per gm.. wish the jags had him bc nelson tackles with pillows on his shoulders lol
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-11, 23:55

courtney greene has some nice hit power as does nelson, reggie is a beast he might not hit as hard as some of the other safties but he's fast and well rounded.
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 02:59

I only use Vikings so Tyrell Johnson Smile
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 03:06

as far as safties go i only roll with philly so victor "macho" harris is my guy, doode is a beast cuz he has crazy juke, spin, and jump ratings, the juke and spin ratings are good for after the pick cuz i can usually put a nice move a persuing QB or O-lineman.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 12:13

@ brb.. yeah i like greene i sub him in for alexander at times to get that extra hit power in the game.. and nelson is ok he def has speed and doesnt drop a lot of user picks but is a bit soft in run support. having a hammer at fs is great tho
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 13:11

yeah but if you have anthony smith or courtney green in it can make up for that, you then have a big hitter and a ball hawk on the field theres not many safties that are as well rounded landry or meriwether, i would love to have a guy like nelson on the eagles, i mean macho is a beast and i think he'll play well this year but he's only got like 86 speed, i love the combination of a big hitter and a ball hawk and i think you got that with the jags. see the eagles dont have a true ball hawk sure i can turn macho into one but he doesnt have the speed or hit power that ya like to see, i do have a big hitter in sean jones but i cant stress the importance of a ball hawk enough, gotta real special player in reggie nelson IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 14:09

Reggie Nelson is good, but he's soft in the run support aspect. The kid Landry is probably the most effective safety, but having that extra ball hawking ability with 98 and 95 speed guys who are 6'2 is really great. I can't really classify Reggie Nelson but anyone than a faster Macho Harris now that i look at it. Landry is a beast, but Sean Smith of the Dolphins is a monster
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 14:15

macho beasts for me, if you know how to use him he's monstar.
your kind of contradicting yourself ant, you say reggie is soft against the run but your talkin about sean smith and DRC playing saftey when they are beyond soft in the run game, so whats wrong with reggie? he's more stout against the run than DRC or sean taylor.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 16:12

oh dont get me wrong i user nelson almost every play and make a ton of plays with him, but if i play with the redskins to many games in a row i get a little spoiled and try hit stickin all the time with nelson and it f's me up lol.. but im cool with the jags safety's they work well for me.. and nelson is versatile.. i can put him at corner when people go 4-5 wide and then have alexander and greene in the middle to clean any crossers up, both will lay the boom to a wr
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty2010-04-12, 19:26

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
macho beasts for me, if you know how to use him he's monstar.
your kind of contradicting yourself ant, you say reggie is soft against the run but your talkin about sean smith and DRC playing saftey when they are beyond soft in the run game, so whats wrong with reggie? he's more stout against the run than DRC or sean taylor.

Reggie isn't 6'2 with 98 speed and 99 jump. That's the whole point, i mentioned that in my last paragraph as well but i guess you overlooked it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Usering a FS or SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Usering a FS or SS   Usering a FS or SS Empty

Back to top Go down

Usering a FS or SS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next