Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I need Tips on Breaking tackles

Go down 
+9
dracocepheus
Jimmy Freedom90
Next
Mcnair2Wycheck
aj_fitness1212
B-__-R-__-B
projectpag
CookieMonsta
wildbig42
13 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbig42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-28

I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty
PostSubject: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 16:13

I got my playbook...but i need tips on when to use what while running the ball... ive been having trouble finding this out because EVERYONE i see LOVES passing. i usually run the ball with the Vikings(Adrian Peterson) or the Ravens(Ray Rice)
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 19:06

For AP abuse the Highlight Stick, even when you think you are wrapped up continue to mash forward on the right stick. Not sure about Ray Rice. I like to use the spin move when its a 1 on 1, because in a group of defenders you tend to spin into one of them. Jukes are very good if you time them right, it usually gives you a good animation that lets you break off and continue running faster than some of the highlight stick animations, which slow you down after you break the tackle.
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 19:12

If you get the spin down, it is the deadliest move in the open field against the computer. If your in the open field with a user, fake like you are going to cut in then cut right back out again and he will usually bite in
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 19:22

when im running at an angle twards the sideline i like to either get my OPP. to over persue and run underneath him or lean in then juke out and this usually gets you a nice juke animation, with the spin move i like to lean the opposite way im gonna spin before i press the spin button, i rarely use the stiff arm button, it doesnt ever really work for me.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 21:55

the spin move cn be deadly in the open field... if your using AP just use the highlight (truck) stick and run them over.. I think Rice has a high rating on spin and juke so use one of those with him
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-01, 22:22

someone was telling me they hold down R1 when they truck with AP, I dont feel like labbing this can any1 tell me if this helps the fumble rate or even does anything at all?
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 00:49

projectpag wrote:
If you get the spin down, it is the deadliest move in the open field against the computer. If your in the open field with a user, fake like you are going to cut in then cut right back out again and he will usually bite in

Most good players can still get the hit on you more often than not. I usually opt to cover up or go OB to avoid fumbles.
Back to top Go down
Next
New MS Member
New MS Member
Next

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 00:52

yeah, highlight stick it all day with AP. he's a monster in this game. However be careful too much and you'll fumble or get stripped.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 02:56

I agree with B N R. i do the whole let the user over commit. but also if im running down the sideline i like to use the stiff arm. for some reason it works well. and at the LOS, i like to juke if i see a hole quickly, but if i need short yardage im just highlighting stick for the yards. and the spin move is useful when angling towards the sideline
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 04:01

With a few guys to a group around I like to cover the ball up and pump the right stick up good with Barber or trucking backs

With only one around I will Juke, spin or stiff arm and Barber is good with the stiff arm. When spinning or juking try leaning different directions before hitting the buttons... example when running right quickly go left then juke right then run right again or when running straight quickly run left juke left will give a sharper cut

mess around with it in practice offense only then after you get use to the moves throw the defense in
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 07:15

If you want to break more tackles. Let off speed burst! Control the urge to hold down the sprint button constantly, your moves will become WAY more effective.
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 08:06

draco was talking about stiff arm - this never works for me, how do you use it?
Back to top Go down
XxDaMySteRyxX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 10:48

well i just use a combintion of L1 n R1 with spin or sometimes I simply highlight if your running back is real ellusive u will see some amazing broken tackles even i b like wowwwww... lol
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 11:50

timing is everything when using the highlight stick. Deliver the first blow.
Back to top Go down
wildbig42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Im useing ps3 and i was curious when to stiff arm thats a big curiousity of mine   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty2010-03-02, 18:18

I also was curious on !!!WHEN!!! do i stiff arm and when do i juke... i was also wondering when is the best time to use them right before hit early before hit right after contact few seconds after contact or right at contact. Spin and highlight stick i got down now(Thankz!) but still got a big ? on stiff arm especially and big ? on when to juke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need Tips on Breaking tackles   I need Tips on Breaking tackles Empty

Back to top Go down

I need Tips on Breaking tackles
Page 1 of 1