Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

how to stop the HB screen???

Go down 
+11
bullethead527
noelp
Dsin
wandeezy623
TMC
VinniePaz24
Moore's Pats
IASI Desperado
cody2009
Skane3
B-__-R-__-B
15 posters
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

how to stop the HB screen??? Empty
PostSubject: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-12, 18:12

okay so lately ive played guys that use the titans and they'll hike it and run 20 yards back with VY and throw it off there back foot to CJ. screens dont usually give me too many problems but if i try and get at VY then the screen becomes open if i try and sit on the screen i get blocked by one of his lineman. what should i do?! lol
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-12, 19:55

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
okay so lately ive played guys that use the titans and they'll hike it and run 20 yards back with VY and throw it off there back foot to CJ. screens dont usually give me too many problems but if i try and get at VY then the screen becomes open if i try and sit on the screen i get blocked by one of his lineman. what should i do?! lol
Conain the Screen side with yur DE or OLB. Man kills screens.Wen u see the o-lineman pulling out try to attack it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
cody2009
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-12, 21:41

deffensive end contain.. i usually love waiting on screens.. love getting my d ends pics...
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-12, 22:59

cody2009 wrote:
deffensive end contain.. i usually love waiting on screens.. love getting my d ends pics...
basically wat i said lol.. all gud.. how to stop the HB screen??? 661374
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-23, 16:08

dude I'm pretty bad at this game I guess but some dude was just doing screens hb and wr so I called de contain out of 3-4 normal and he hit the wr screen again and got like an 80 yd TD its stuff like this that makes me beyond frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-23, 16:19

Man up i use a Quarters set usually a contain out of it if im getting screened on the take the end and user him around and bust it up try it out
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-23, 17:43

If u kno its a Screen 100% man up with the screen guy..put sum1 in flats,but i prefer man up and conatain.. Once u see the offensive lineman pullin to the screen attack it lol..
Back to top Go down
VinniePaz24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-23, 21:22

Contain, or man up a good coverage player. I use a lot of cover 2 which seems to do well on screens. Really I dont waste time with screens pre play if I see a HB or WR screen I just take the LB I am controlling and blow it up or user pick it.
Back to top Go down
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-24, 03:05

I just contain to the screen side and user the mlb plus it helps if you spotlight the rb if you know its gunna be a rb screen or wr if you know its gunna be a wr screen
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-24, 12:43

take note of what formation they r running the screen from, 8 times out of 10 when they come out in that formation they are gunna try and hit you with that screen. once you know then man up the running back and contain the DE on the side of the screen. afte then snap take the DE and walk him over toward the screen and sit him right next to the HB. Three things will happen, one they will still try to throw the screen and u wil pick it off. Two they might still try and throw it and u will instantly drop them for a loss or it will be incomplete or three they wont have another read and will try and make a stupid throw or take a sack. A guy scored a TD on a WR screen against me once, and everytime after that I blew it up which I could tell seriously hurt his offense. Defense is not about nanos or F@G defense it is about recognizing opponents plays and manually taking away their favorite reads. Ever since i stopped trying to set up crazy plays all the time and just started taking away what my opponent like to do my defense has gotten alot better. in the first quarter i just play coverage defenses to make them move slowly and decode their offense so i can take it away later. If you make someone run a high amount of plays when they have the ball like 8 a drive or so there is a good chance that you will see pretty much everything they have on offense and when u start taking away their reads and favorite plays people get lost and start doing really dumb stuff or keep trying to do what is already not working cuz they dont know anything else that is my little rant on my new defensive approach, i am a lot smarter with my blitzes now and it has really helped
Back to top Go down
Dsin
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-27, 08:21

How do you "contain the DE"???
Back to top Go down
noelp
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-27, 20:25

thanks wandeezy, some great points!!
Back to top Go down
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-27, 22:26

Yeah i'v been getting ate alive with that hb/wr screen, what i started doing was run a man coverage two, my DE i hot route to zone flat and bring my safety down and controll him, so when the linemen jump to one side theyll have one extra man to block and i use my safety to try and make the play. still it works better than what ive been doing, but if the screen is to the other side ur fubarred!!!!!!! I havnt got it down 100% so everybodies advice ill try and see if it works better
Back to top Go down
BksFinest
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-01-29, 09:44

both ends contain..corners in a zone coverage...Stops it all the time...
Back to top Go down
Fr3sH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-05-24, 05:40

okay just played this guy who destoried me with Screens... =[ Screens too AP and harvin all game i did man with contain i tired flats too the zone he'd just run in towards the middle and than cut back out and instant 10-15 yards.. =( and he mixed that up with runs just worst game ever..
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-05-24, 12:34

Yeah I agree about comin out in man and using DE's and OLB's to contain the screen. I like zone>man though. Here's a zone play that is great against all screens;Strike Spy 2. You can find this out of most 3-4 formations, dime and dollar. Just put both the blitzing players off the edge in qb contain.
Back to top Go down
Fr3sH
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-05-24, 12:45

thanks man
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-05-25, 03:39

Any man to man Defense should stop screens and if the QB runs back 20 yds and throws to the RB one of the LB's should tackle him immediately.

It works about 98% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Fr3sH
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty2010-05-25, 05:52

it was a screen where the WR or RB was running from the sideline in towards the middle and after catching the screen ran back out couldn't stop it lol but thanks i've seen not every1 runs the same screen thank god
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the HB screen???   how to stop the HB screen??? Empty

Back to top Go down

how to stop the HB screen???
Page 1 of 1