Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to Draft

Go down 
+8
I OWn You
s0liddy
Genno
Swag Escobar
SavageMac816
iTofu
JaZarsTicy
CapnCrunch
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

How to Draft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 00:37

If you have a quarterback by creation, and you change him to half back in franchise, does his stat upgrades change as well? As in, instead of accuracy he obtains agility, acceleration, elusive and trucking?
Back to top Go down
hhh1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 03:31

thanks everyone that helps alot.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 03:44

Genno wrote:
If you have a quarterback by creation, and you change him to half back in franchise, does his stat upgrades change as well? As in, instead of accuracy he obtains agility, acceleration, elusive and trucking?

yea the time to do is that is right before the offseason right after u played your last game you switch him to hb and then when u advance to the offseason he will progress like a hb but he wont gain any QB stats and its better if had a decent amonunt of rushing yards
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 03:47

s0liddy wrote:
Btw, if any of you see a WR named Anfernee Scarr, DRAFT him. He is a projected 6 or 7. I drafted him out of basically just his size, he was like my 4th or 5th pick and I saw a 6'4 receiver. Well, he turned out to be a 81, with 99 Accel and 98 speed, with like 89 spec catch and 81 catch and catch in traffic. Pretty hilarious honestly as I just picked him quickly because of size.

I got rid of that gimp Roy Williams and now I have a receiver to actually compliment M Austin.

thats why i say make sure u scout them all because ive picked up 80 rated ppl that were projected as undrafted
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 04:06

anfernee scarr(wr),tez mitchell(wr), lemarcus taylor (hb), terrance trunk(wr to te) and jack english(qb) is the most dominating offense i drafted all of these players and its amazing plays left and right. also ive been trying to figure out maybe gettin a big maybe >6-3 >94 speed high catchin wide reciever and converting him to tightend cuz most of the ime i have my tightend going out for catchin and it would be sick to have a dave casper alike
Back to top Go down
JaZarsTicy
New MS Member
New MS Member
JaZarsTicy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 09:53

How many 90+ rated QBs do you guys have in your chise, i currently have 8 of them.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 11:42

wat draft is this thread about im lost?
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 12:12

GODHORNET17 wrote:
anfernee scarr(wr),tez mitchell(wr), lemarcus taylor (hb), terrance trunk(wr to te) and jack english(qb) is the most dominating offense i drafted all of these players and its amazing plays left and right. also ive been trying to figure out maybe gettin a big maybe >6-3 >94 speed high catchin wide reciever and converting him to tightend cuz most of the ime i have my tightend going out for catchin and it would be sick to have a dave casper alike

pretty funny I only drafted Scarr because of his size, he was like my 5th pick and I just needed a 5th string WR just in case, after that I simulated the rest of my picks. I bet Scarr after season 1 will be a 85+ overall. My #2 after Austin
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 13:41

bigbuddah wrote:
wat draft is this thread about im lost?

Franchise mode, madden generated
There are 32 drafts in all in the game
They come up randomly, just before you advance from the offseason
Of course you have to select, don't import NCAA Draft

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 14:02

JaZarsTicy wrote:
Go to this site. It'll tell you who to get and who not to get.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/958702/57545

How weird, according to that site, A. Scarr is proj 1st or 2nd but FOR sure I got him 5th round and I was last pick of that round as well, and I swear he was a proj 5th-7th, something like that. Anyway to view past Draft history in Madden Franchise mode? His stats are correct, 80 Overall, 97 speed... + 99Accel Razz
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 14:19

I don't know how to view draft history
Madden has trimmed down the franchise mode
Hopefully it will get better next year
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 14:30

JaZarsTicy wrote:
How many 90+ rated QBs do you guys have in your chise, i currently have 8 of them.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I roll with the cowboys, I am in the middle of my 5th season and Tony Romo is currently 91

Others over 90 are

Manning 99 15 yrs
Brees 96 12yr
Brady 96 13yr
Mark sanchez 96 4yr
Matt ryan 96 5yr
Aaron rogers 94 8yr
Daniel rocker 93 3yr
Joe flacco 93 5yr
Big ben 92 9yr
Jay cutler???? 92 7yr
Matt stafford 91 4yr
Joe kain 90 1 yr
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 16:12

no way ma boy mark is tied at 96 with tom brady and brees thats hilarious and only in 4 yrs
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 17:50

Ashy Swag wrote:
thats why i say make sure u scout them all because ive picked up 80 rated ppl that were projected as undrafted

I understand your point, you want to scout a lot of players so you can pick up those diamonds in the rough. But, I see it differently. I really don't want a 80 ovr player if he does not have A potential. I can trade for those all day.
I would rather use my scouts to flag only the highest potential players. Then on draft day when you can no longer see potential. I can see potential because I have scouted only those players.
To further add to my point. I can read the star chart and the 40 times and drills etc. And get a pretty good idea of a players current skill set. Since the star chart is an accurate depiction of their vital stats for that position. Also, if he is rated high and has high potential then I will have scouted him.
That's just my take, all other opinions are welcome, please. As the discussion has merit, to help all those that come behind us and are looking for the best way to draft.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-19, 17:59

GODHORNET17 wrote:
no way ma boy mark is tied at 96 with tom brady and brees thats hilarious and only in 4 yrs

Ya take him to the probowl and maybe he will be even better.
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty2010-01-20, 08:33

CapnCrunch wrote:
Ashy Swag wrote:

I understand your point, you want to scout a lot of players so you can pick up those diamonds in the rough. But, I see it differently. I really don't want a 80 ovr player if he does not have A potential. I can trade for those all day.
I would rather use my scouts to flag only the highest potential players. Then on draft day when you can no longer see potential. I can see potential because I have scouted only those players.
To further add to my point. I can read the star chart and the 40 times and drills etc. And get a pretty good idea of a players current skill set. Since the star chart is an accurate depiction of their vital stats for that position. Also, if he is rated high and has high potential then I will have scouted him.
That's just my take, all other opinions are welcome, please. As the discussion has merit, to help all those that come behind us and are looking for the best way to draft.

i agree with cap cuz pickin up guys that are less than A potential means the highest theyll overall will be capped at i think a 90 at most however A potential players even when very low starting out lets say at 70 with A potential will rise to a high to medium 90 within 3-4 yrs compared to a rookie that i pick up thats an 85 which i had and had a potential of B went up maybe a point or 2 and couldnt get past 90 cuz he already peaked. but i recommend having those B potential guys as 3rd and 4th string wide outs for juss speed and have like an 80 catch or have them for my back up or 3rd string runningback for juss pure speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Draft   How to Draft - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Draft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2