Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running the Ball or Running the Clock?

Go down 
+23
kaneunable
jd7680
CapnCrunch
irobson
saintsboy318
hacush
D_Cash
huh1231
BlackMassRevrend
Vaughnilla619
Ant1010 I Play Wii
hhh1
chitownlilb
MiamiXCanes
Dboyz214
R3V 1T UP
B-__-R-__-B
AshBlackstone
so much swag
frvwfr2
Havey009
Caceres72
Akademiks
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-04, 17:47

jd7680 wrote:
That junk can backfire big time. Downside to running out clock is YOU dont score many times either. Usually you wind up only up a touchdown or maybe two at most. One fumble, onside kick, or blown play and you can get upset by a weaker player. I dont like losing because of bad luck. I say do what you do. Get a big lead. It forces your opponent into getting pass happy. Scoring helps your D be better by limiting your opponents options. Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Icon_study

running the ball effectively and playing good defense early makes the opponent feel like they need to get the ball upfield early which results in risky passes and potentially turnovers. This is the way to go, most every game i lose i look back and the reason i lose is because i abandoned the run too much and made mistakes trying to force deep passes.

im also one of the 68 32 % percent type of person, and to the person who said they need to run with the ravens BECAUSE of ray rice, i disagree he is so good out of the backfield, sometimes ill have more receptions by ray rice than run attempts. Same with leron McClain they are both BEASTS outa the backfield. one mistake on offense losing you a game vs a bad player means you need to shape up your d.

Too be honest though i prefer D to O this is a big reason i go more pass heavy because i wanna win the game by take aways. nothing more demoralizing than someone picking you off and taking it to the house then you have to go right back and try to play offense again.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-31, 19:08

Its all about who your opponent is. If he cant stop the run and you know you got him locked up on D, why not run the rock and use as much time as possible? I run alot....for 3 reasons. 1)set up playaction. i think its funny as hell to watch someone try settin up playaction with playaction. your not gonna get the d to bite on PA if you never run. 2)clock management. I know its just a video game but I love to win. And its hard to lose if you always have the rock. 3) rest my d.

Running can get you in trouble tho.... When you start playin really good players its nearly impossible to run. And certain nano's you have to pass on. Like i said it depends on who you play. If he's a scrub run it down his throat and D up! But make sure your well rounded enough w/ good pass game against those good players out there.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-31, 20:07

^^^^ is right.. it depends on the opponent. if someone cant stop the run im gonna pound the rock til they do somethin abt it. but for the most part im a runner and a pa passer in the first half then i spread it out and get into my shotgun passing scheme in the second half til i get a comfortable lead then its back to the run game.. i think im abt 55% pass 45% run
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty2010-04-05, 13:14

i pass like 96% and run 4% lol but i run the ball more now so it should be like 95% LMAO
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty2010-04-09, 09:27

If your a pass first player and you're good at it, learn to run! If you create a rushing attack and have a team like Minnesota, Dallas and other teams with passing and rushing weapons. That's when you become that machine on offense and remember you can't even come up with a scheme without rushing plays
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running the Ball or Running the Clock?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2