Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running the ball

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JIMBODAVIS
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-03, 12:49

I'm having a real difficult time running the ball on Madden 2010. I'm using the Vikings, and they have the highest rating in running, yet whenever I use a running play I get minimal yardage at best, and Adrian Peterson doesn't seem to be the badass his rating and reputation would suggest he'd be in the game - considering he was arguably the best running back in the league when they developed Madden 2010. I literally run pass plays 7 out of 10 plays - if not more - because running is like giving away a down - not to mention yardage half the time - since nothing can ever happen. Is there a way to get the running back to turbo and get a speed burst...SOMETHING???

I'm just learning the ropes of Madden still (I'm a newer PS3 user), so it's beginner related to a degree, yet the game seems to be pretty choppy / brutally frustrating with respect to the running game; it plays slow and sluggish to me...

Any thoughts? Thanks for all who read and reply!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nemesysprofile
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-03, 13:07

when playing online with the vikings people are going to expect the run and stack the box against AP
start of passing using percy harvin in the slot
when they start to respect the pass more then bring in the run and start punishing them with that
dont always run the same play, mix it up with some power plays, some outside handoffs, and some pitches as well as the standard inside handoff

one of the main things for running the ball is dont hold down sprint until you are through the gap
wait for your blockers to do the work and follow them through
this is especially important when running inside handoffs
Back to top Go down
blinkers88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-04, 21:29

Yeah I was gonna say the most important thing is layin off the sprint until you're in the open field.
Back to top Go down
JIMBODAVIS
New MS Member
New MS Member

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-05, 13:34

Thanks to the both of you for the replies to-date. I didn't even know what the sprint button was; someone told me it's R2. The instruction manual left this detail out, which is irritating. I was running bare-bones wondering if there was something more that I wasn't doing. Traditionally, all football games have had a button to control some kind of speed burst, turbo, etc. I'll give this a shot.

One more thing: When starting the Franchise / Career mode - do the players get better the more you play - you know, experience points or whatever gauge the game uses? It seems A.P. (Vikings) is not moving like you'd think the developers would make the "best" back move when they programmed the game.

Thanks!
JIMBO
Back to top Go down
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-05, 13:49

no problem
remember use turbo sparingly

on the franchise/career modes there is progression at the end of each season after the playoffs
normally the core stats stay the same, speed, strength etc but the others will either progress or regress depending on the age of the player and how good his season was
Back to top Go down
JIMBODAVIS
New MS Member
New MS Member

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2010-02-05, 14:42

Thanks bp,

Pretty incredible what these companies are able to program into their games nowadays. Sometimes I wonder if they make this stuff TOO real. Sometimes the anomalies are what make a game fun. I think Madden could afford to allow some embellishments in the game's "realism," but that 's just me. I not a Madden freak; I just wanted this season because I'm a die-hard Vikings fan, and I was pretty excited about a season with Favre to say the least. I've loved that guy ever since he backed Green Bay, which is saying something for a Viking fan! Haha...

Thanks again my man!
JIMBO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Running the ball
Page 1 of 1