Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

trouble stoping the run

Go down 
+6
xSteelcityDx
Skane3
AshBlackstone
Ace2k7
Mcnair2Wycheck
NO LUN@T1K
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

trouble stoping the run Empty
PostSubject: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-27, 22:54

i seem to have trouble stopping off tackles and counters i usually run rush outside out of 46 but they still manage to 4-6 yards on me every time.Does anybody know any plays or nanos or sumtin that can help me stop these running plays?
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-27, 22:57

Try experimenting with showing blitz, pinching, crashing, containing and other pre snap adjustments. There are ways to stop the run without blitzing.
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 18:38

yeh blitzing isnt the only way to stop the run jus lik LUN@TIK said try experimenting with showing blitz and certain formations
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 18:40

I allow under 50 yards per game on the ground, and regularly stuff the run out of a Cover 2 defense with just a few pre-snap adjustments.

I run the 46 defensive playbook, and I will also use certain blitzes to blow up running plays as well. Rush Outside from 46 Normal is a good choice, as is Inside Blitz from the same formation.

If it's the outside running game that's giving you issues, put a spotlight on the halfback, and use some sort of DE contain, or LB contain defense.

There's a number of different ways to play the run, it just takes practice.

Last edited by AshBlackstone on 2009-12-28, 18:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 18:41

what are some good pre snap adjustments?
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 18:45

NO LUN@T1K wrote:
what are some good pre snap adjustments?

Well, if you think the run is going outside, try putting your DEs in contain. User your FS to stuff the outside run.

If you think it's going to come up the gut, I like Rush Outside from 46 Normal. Spread your linebackers, pinch your DL, user the FS in the middle of the field. Actually, this will also work if you think it's going outside...just don't pinch the line, and put the DEs in contain.

If I'm not sure where the run might be going, I'll usually play some sort of DE contain, show blitz, and put the FS right behind the DTs and user him.

Actually, the 46 Outside Rush play will work for just about running play now that I think of it, with the right adjustments.
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 18:46

k thanks man i'll def try this
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 21:49

Just recognize the run and user sum1. if there's 2TE's on a side,shift to dat side or spread line and crash to dat side. usually showin blitz,crashing line does it 4 me.but i blitz 57% anyway lol
Back to top Go down
xSteelcityDx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xSteelcityDx

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-28, 22:19

any advice in using the 3-4 I struggle against jacobs and adrian peterson on outside runs.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-29, 00:00

I get great success stopping the run by calling man and highlighting the running back
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-29, 00:01

holler at me on xbl in 60 plus games im only allowing 20 ypg... ill show u hwo to stuff the runner
Back to top Go down
"pick6forswag"
New MS Member
New MS Member
trouble stoping the run 13161-46

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-29, 02:12

cheeto's what play's you do to stop the run??
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-29, 03:27

Fuzion had a good play check out the post.

Here
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-29, 08:04

AshBlackstone wrote:
I allow under 50 yards per game on the ground, and regularly stuff the run out of a Cover 2 defense with just a few pre-snap adjustments.

I run the 46 defensive playbook, and I will also use certain blitzes to blow up running plays as well. Rush Outside from 46 Normal is a good choice, as is Inside Blitz from the same formation.

If it's the outside running game that's giving you issues, put a spotlight on the halfback, and use some sort of DE contain, or LB contain defense.

yeh but what if the person knows ur running cover 2? u could get beat with a play action or a quick or a person doin a fade with the wr on the outside. not sayin ur advice isnt gud but if ur playin sumone really gud they will recognize this and tear apart cover 2
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty2009-12-30, 06:50

Ace2k7 wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

yeh but what if the person knows ur running cover 2? u could get beat with a play action or a quick or a person doin a fade with the wr on the outside. not sayin ur advice isnt gud but if ur playin sumone really gud they will recognize this and tear apart cover 2

You can take any zone defense apart if you know what you're doing. I tend to mix it up, it's not like I'm using the same play over and over again. I blitz the run, I drop into a cover 2, sometimes a cover 3, sometimes I got into a Man Under 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trouble stoping the run   trouble stoping the run Empty

Back to top Go down

trouble stoping the run
Page 1 of 1