Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?

Go down 
+3
madden101
K0MMoNsEnTz
49ers4ever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
49ers4ever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty
PostSubject: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-22, 09:28

Trying out the 46 defense and outside pitches/runs are KILLING me. The problem that I see is that the 46 in nature, puts everyone in the box. Anything to the outside just crushes for big yardage.

What are some good defenses or modifications to contain the outside run in this package?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-22, 11:54

46 Bear Buzz Weak. Take the MLB that is blitzing and place him to the side that hes running the pitch. He will eaither make the tackle or force him to the inside. Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
madden101
New MS Member
New MS Member
madden101

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-26, 15:20

K0MMoNsEnTz wrote:
46 Bear Buzz Weak. Take the MLB that is blitzing and place him to the side that hes running the pitch. He will eaither make the tackle or force him to the inside. Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Icon_bounce

hes not gonna know which way the runs going every time
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-27, 19:20

Outside blitz, Spread line and grab ur FS or SS and watch the Outsides, Contain ur DE also
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-27, 20:52

Inside Blitz.

Put DE's in contain.

Blitz the 2 blitzing LB's over the DT's or anywhere near the outside.

User with safety.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-28, 09:31

I found out this the hard way. Its the 4-6 right? no one can run on this D? Eh, WRONG! You can run all day on it. My suggestion is to come out in the 1-5-5 press in man and run a couple of blitzes. Or Dime Cover 3, Cover 2 and Straight man (in Dime make you LB the fastest one on the team). I play a guy in my franchise that runs the off tackle and pitch. Tell your line to go to whichever side you think the run is to. I think this is the only way to stop it.
Back to top Go down
49ers4ever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-28, 09:44

46 inside blitz is the way to go
Back to top Go down
jo1hed8k
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty2009-10-29, 15:43

I AGREE WITH DA 4-6 ALSO! IT'S BEEN WORKIN FOR ME REAL GD IN A MAN DEFENSE INSIDE BACKERS BLITZIN' JUST GOTTA MAKE SURE YOUR DB'S CAN HANDLE THEIR WRS. IF UR GONNA BLTZ UR INSYD BACKERS, MOVE DEM CLOSER TO THE LINE OF SCRIM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?   Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good D in the 46 to stop the outside pitch/offtackles?
Page 1 of 1