Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook

Go down 
+3
Brick Top
laidbackskaterer
rezzew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-20, 04:49

Hey everyone, was wondering if I could get some tips on whats a good formation to stop 5wr sets with the NYJ defensive playbook. Just got man handled and prison r@ped by some dude that was using the patriots and moss (as usual) in a 5wr set.

I was trying quarters man and taking my left DE to double team moss from the screen which i hate with allmy soul (unless its me doing it Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook 478291, but when I took away the screen, he just owned up my man. If I tried some type of quarter cover3 he would just manipulate the cover 3 and pass to welker over the middle.

I'm at a loss on how I should defend against 5wr sets so any suggestions/basic tips on what you guys are using to stop these kinds of formations would be great.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-20, 18:27

quarter cover 3 and 4...put ur DE's in flats on cover 4 and purple or yellow zones in cover 3 depending on where they like to throw.. manualy use ur dt to cover quick slot slant routes
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-20, 19:58

appreciate it man
Back to top Go down
Brick Top
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-21, 18:06

laidbackskaterer wrote:
quarter cover 3 and 4...put ur DE's in flats on cover 4 and purple or yellow zones in cover 3 depending on where they like to throw.. manualy use ur dt to cover quick slot slant routes

That's ultimate F@G. Brady will have all day to throw and if he had decent speed, then scramble
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-21, 19:00

and yet ppl still throw.... once u take away the quick middle ur in position to run up and hit the qb in the mouth with ur DT
Back to top Go down
Brick Top
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-21, 19:03

That's true bro. A lot of people don't have the patience to wait it out and in the redzone especially it's scramble with slowass Brady and get jacked up after just a few yards or throw a pick.
Back to top Go down
westdogatl
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-25, 10:08

laidbackskaterer wrote:
I have actually had peope try this on me , it never works, no rush at all I just run right up the middle with Matt Ryan not the fasted guy 4 an easy 6-10 yards another thing I do is when I play a FAG Der is Pick deeper slower to develop routes 4 huge gains(no pass rush)
what i do vs 5 wides is nano them , if that not working I play QT and manuel blitz the MLB through the A gab, to stop the sceen out of this formation I place the De on contain on the screen side, I dont do this every time just a couple of times to stop the screen like most plays once you show them you can stop the screen pass they will give it up and you dont have to worry about it. ( come out in Qt d , audible to 3-4 Gap press and set up the nano.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-25, 15:39

maybe im just an agressive play caller but when i see a 5 wide set i think a heavy blitz. no TE or RB to help block and no RB to beat you in the flats. blitz him and see if he can make plays. if he can then maybe go to a FAG D
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-29, 16:04

what the hell is a fag d?
Back to top Go down
mrfreeeze
New MS Member
New MS Member
mrfreeeze

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty2009-10-29, 16:49

Jimmy Freedom90 wrote:
what the hell is a fag d?

What up J Free...A F@G D is where you drop back 9 or more people into coverage for maximum protection against passes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook   Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ  defensive playbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best way to beat 5wr sets with NYJ defensive playbook
Page 1 of 1