Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Good Redzone Strategies????

Go down 
+7
jsmall28
Scott321
Code//Blue
cushy23
Sun
ANTtheKNEEEE
stan2k
11 posters
AuthorMessage
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty
PostSubject: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 09:37

....So I am riding high on a 4 game winning streak (good for me anyway...) and next thing I know I am on a 4 game losing skid. Each one was down to the wire and even the last play of the game (the kind of losses that make u wanna break something...)

I think I need a strategy for the Red Zone. Maybe it's just me but things get really tight in that area and I am just guessing at this point what to do based on my opponents tendencies. Any pointers as a solid strategy for the Red Zone.....
Back to top Go down
ANTtheKNEEEE
New MS Member
New MS Member
ANTtheKNEEEE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 10:14

i usually use tosses with a fast running back or flats. or in goal line formation this play called Pa waggle look for the blue tight end who blocks at first, usually open
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 11:23

running with Jacobs I don't do too many tosses but I will try that pa waggle u mentioned

thx
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 16:41

Come out in Gun empty or Gun spread.

- Spacing
- Z spot
- HB Draw
- WR screen
Back to top Go down
cushy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
cushy23

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 16:49

what works well is to have a completly different set of plays that your opponent hasnt seen in the red zone. Short passes over the middle, off-tackle plays. just change it up. I use to have a problem in the red zone, but now i just remeber to keep my offense balanced and attack all parts of the field.
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 16:54

cushy23 wrote:
what works well is to have a completly different set of plays that your opponent hasnt seen in the red zone. Short passes over the middle, off-tackle plays. just change it up. I use to have a problem in the red zone, but now i just remeber to keep my offense balanced and attack all parts of the field.

^^^This^^^

I'll run Gun Bunch Wk, Gun Snugs Flips, and Far Pro Twins up the field, and then when I hits the red zone (more like 1st and goal) I'll come out in a 5WR set. The opponent won't know what I'm gonna do, so it gives me the advantage. I like to come out in one of these sets and then run it in with the QB if he comes out in Dime or Dollar.
Back to top Go down
Scott321
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 18:48

i like to glitch in this situation.

jk
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 20:06

you should try running tosses with jacobs. i do it all the time with him. you get by the LBs and the CBs go down so easily.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 20:18

THE BEST PLAY I SUGGEST IS GOING IN THE GOAL LINE FORMATION AND CHOOSING THE COUNTER WEAK. THIS PLAY IS $$$ WIT B.JACOBS. SLDIE YOUR LINE TO WHEN THE COUNTER WILL END UP GOING AND HE SOULD BREAK @ LEAST 1 TACKLE AND END UP @ MIN 3 YARDS. I USE IT AND AVERAGE ABOUT 7YRDS PER. CARRY WIT JACOBS. TRY IT!!!
Back to top Go down
juegomylego
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 23:00

good redzone strategies involve reading the defense first then taking what they give you with good route combinations and reads you should be alright
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-13, 23:55

I suggest using run plays out of more WR formations and passing out of fewer WR formations. Ppl seem to adjust their D according to your formation... so if you can give em a curveball it'll work.
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-14, 08:53

I appreciate all this tips. Keep them coming. I played this idiot last nite and he was playing w/ the Colts. Every play he would drop Dwight Freeney into pass cover behind the MLB; then shift his DLINE to the left and completely clog up the middle of the field. Whenever I was in a passing situation all he played was the Quarter defense cover 3 with 3 safeties THE ENTIRE GAME!

I always seem to find the cheesers!
Back to top Go down
ShakeNbake1285
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-14, 23:35

any pa pass from gun. hot route running back to either slant or out then pinch the line and run up the middle with qb as soon as u get the ball good for bout 8 yards. if they have the middle jammed hit the running back
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty2009-10-15, 13:17

Shakenbake I like that strategy and I will add the RB slanting out of the backfield by hot route my WR's to slant the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Redzone Strategies????   Good Redzone Strategies???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Redzone Strategies????
Page 1 of 1