Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

screen passes, what am I doing wrong?

Go down 
+3
CapnCrunch
John R
sloppyjoe1762
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sloppyjoe1762
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-22

screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty
PostSubject: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 11:18

about 75 percent of my wr screens are jacked up by the weird hitch/stepping animation after the wr catches the ball. i had this problem early in the season, fixed it and now I seem to be doing it all over again. the difference being i switched from penninton to hene....does qb accuracy have thing to do with it or am I just dragging 2 long on the joy stick?

any one wanna share how to stop this bs?

sloppyjoe1762
playin @ gamersaloon.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamersaloon.com
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 12:32

Im not too sure what the animation is that your talking about because I have not experienced it yet,... when I throw a screen, I try to drop the QB back a few extra steps and roll the opposite way of the screen a little to draw the FS and other defenders to assume the pass is going that way. If I have time, I will pump fake which will guarantee the FS and others will move to secure a deep pass on the opposite side of the screen and obviously, if the screen receiver is open, I dump it off to him. (I usually throw a fast pass to the screen receiver, however, sometimes a lob is needed).

In my experience with screen passes, it needs to be times perfectly,... Defenders in position correctly and screen receiver in right position to receive the pass...

my only guess is maybe your trying to dump it off too quickly OR waiting too long to dump it off and this could be causing the animation your mentioning. however, I do not know for sure.

try the technique I mentioned and see if it fixes it.
Back to top Go down
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 12:34

UPDATE:

I was referencing to HB screen passes... I dont run WR screens often (just realized your post was in regards to a WR screen)...

Im not sure if the same technique would be used for WR screen ...
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 12:46

He's talking about a juke move. The WR catches the ball and instead of running staight upfield he wastes a sec doing a stupid juke move when no one is around. It costs at least 3 to 5 yds when it happens. I was having it happen on kickoffs in the endzone and nobody was within 20 yds. I try to get to the stick quicker when I catch the ball as I know the animation can be triggered when you let up off the stick.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 15:07

I run into this from time to time. I think Capn is right stay on the stick and don't press turbo right away....wait.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-12, 15:34

to stop the jukes, dont sprint right away, sprint like .4 secs after you get the ball, when you sprint and reciever is turned sidways it wakes him juke and do wiggles (no homo). Dont sprint right away, i had the same problem @ one point it is SOOOOOOO annoying especially if a first down, or TD is @ stake
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-13, 11:55

I have that problem on WR screens. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
ShakeNbake1285
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty2009-10-14, 23:39

slide your line the same way the screen is going and hot route a wr on opposite side of field on a drag incase the screen is covered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: screen passes, what am I doing wrong?   screen passes, what am I doing wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

screen passes, what am I doing wrong?
Page 1 of 1