Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?

Go down 
+6
huh1231
dUPxBTefft23
62YSailUnion
SoNofGOD85
super_mario90
ANTtheKNEEEE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ANTtheKNEEEE
New MS Member
New MS Member
ANTtheKNEEEE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty
PostSubject: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-01, 23:32

I've been having trouble stopping the run, anyone have any tips or plays? I use Baltimore defense by the way.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-02, 03:25

you know what sometimes you don't have to blitz to stop the run depending on who the RB is if i go against a RB that aint that good i just stay in zone and show blitz now what that does is it brings the MLB closer so if some one is running up the middle they'll get stoped and even if its to the outside like a toss or something it will still get stoped

but thats depending on how good the RB is if your going against a guy like adrian peterson or chris johnson and darren sproles just blitz (free fire) blitz works for me and if it's a toss what i do is i know this is gonna sound crazy but i double safety blitz and spread my D-line stops every thing in the middle and will stop the toss. good luck
Back to top Go down
SoNofGOD85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-02, 04:15

3-4 over works great for me and if you know they are running do any type of zone blitz. most man defenses from what i have seen suck as run stoppers
Back to top Go down
62YSailUnion
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
62YSailUnion

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-03, 10:19

ok this usually works for me you meed 4 d line men for this though will. i will put my des in contains stop tosses. then i will take one of the lbs and blitz him behind one of the dts but give him a little room between him and the dt . then i user one of the lbs and put him about 4 yards directly in line with the center. i can most of the time shoot through the a gap and clog up the gaps where he can run or i will get a tackle for a loss or a 1 or 2 yard gain. hope this helps
Back to top Go down
ANTtheKNEEEE
New MS Member
New MS Member
ANTtheKNEEEE

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-03, 12:26

Thanks for the tips people, we can keep this going for others having trouble
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-03, 19:07

i kill the run with a standard cover 3 and i just pnch my line and only give up like 25 ypg rushing......
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-05, 05:42

well to tell u the truth ur kind of asking for the impossible here. in order for it to be a "great" run stopper your probably going to sacrifice a decent amount of coverage in order to stuff the run. there are some plays here and there that stuff the run well and give u some coverage but their run stopping capabilities aren't "great".

that being said i find that it's easier to stop sweeps and outside runs sitting in zones rather than blitzing. i find that unless u set up the perfect contains and blitzes u end up having blitzers run themselves right into blockers and taking themselves out of the play. if they're in zones they'll back peddle keeping them off blocks for that first second when the RB is moving laterally and u can quickly switch over to them and dodge the blockers. however inside runs murder zones.

i would suggest learning some play calling for different situations in order to adapt to ur opponents tendencies instead of relying on one play that does it all.
Back to top Go down
ANTtheKNEEEE
New MS Member
New MS Member
ANTtheKNEEEE

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-05, 22:48

I like the way you think
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-06, 00:41

Sting Zone Blitz out of 3-4 Over.

Pinch the Line, reblitz the DT, and move the MLB to the A-gap.

Take the OLBs who are blitzing and put them in flats zones. User a safety in a yellow zone.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-28, 09:41

Dime is a good all round formation for stopping the run and maintaining decent coverage. Esp if you have good DB's.
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-28, 12:21

i just played a guy that used ap out of 3 and 4 wr sets all game long.... he got his 194 yards in a losing effort lol..but with the 3-4 book i couldnt find a way to stop him..inside runs and pitches..i just tried to slow him down. and make him pay for his passes..3 picks!

any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-28, 12:29

Come out in the 1-5-5 or dime man, cover 1, press coverage and key on Peterson. He fumbles really easy so take some chances (not a lot) on stripping the ball. if you have good db's you should be able to press and get excellent pressure to the QB. I recommend Multi D Playbook.
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-28, 12:48

i was trying dime man.. but he would run up the middle 5 O linemen vs 4 D linemen and a lb...advantage AP lol..im thinkin about switchin books when i play the vikings..i love 3-4 but probably need 4-6
Back to top Go down
Sumo60
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty2009-10-28, 12:55

does anyone know if the broncos are worth using
-sumo60
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?   Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Great defensive play to stop the run? While maintaining coverage?
Page 1 of 1