Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line

Go down 
+5
Sun
Ellard
MiamiXCanes
MistaFaded
JonoTheNut
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty
PostSubject: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 01:08

Alright, so my buddy's offense has always revolved around running goal line literally 75% of the time (now that he's found the Vikings run game its more like 98%). In the past he's played with the Titans and any other team and I've been able to shut it down pretty much 85% of the time. But now he's just abusing AP and getting 6 yards at least a carry (and of course running Waggle and another PA play to switch it up on occassion). I'm able to hit AP in the backfield every other play, but he busts right through the tackle damn near every time. My old plays just don't work as successful as they should be and need to be.

This is absolutely the most frustrating offense I have ever seen, probably the biggest cheese I have ever played but he obviously refuses to change so I just need a freaking way to stop it.

I've tried 4-6 Normal SS Blitz + Inside Blitz, 3-4 Normal Strike Spy 2, Nickel Odd Split Inside Blitz, pretty much every setup that is known to shut down goal line and its just not working well enough.

So help me out M-S! How do you guys lock down the goal line?
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 02:03

Spotlight AP and the D will focus more on him what I would do is hit stick every chance you get he will fumble or get hurt but try the spotlight and see how that goes
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 02:59

hit stick him like crazy

he may be a beast...but dude cant hold onto the ball
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 10:00

have 1 man in a contain all the time for when he switches it up.. and call an engage 8 every once in a while. user your mlb incase he passes, dont worry about sticking him, just make sure he cant put +yards on the board. another thing, dont call a play you cant audible out of. like goal line, dont try and audible to dollar or quarter from goalline. dont be silly with your playcalling, take ap away from and when he goes wide call alot of cover 2 & 3.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 10:06

Switch to the Titans playbook and use mainly 4-4 split. I suggest that you simply reblitz all your LBs (lb+Rstickdown) and manually control your best Safety to give fast run support. ALWAYS play man coverage.
Back to top Go down
Arelik
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 11:46

Hit stick with Shawne Merriman, end of AP Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jagztorious
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 12:47

This happened to me last night, AP was blasting through gaining 5-8 yards a time, even getting a TD at points.

i found out that the CB DOGS ZONE works the best, as the Corner back comes straight to Peterson! Hit stick and the ****** is down!!
Back to top Go down
Arelik
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 13:17

I actually have no problem containing AP, I usually run 3-4 or even 4-4. I only let him get about 40-60 yds a game on me. I force the Vikings to throw it. Lots of man blitz or combo blitz from the center and edges seem to work great against ap. I usually hit him for a 1-6 yd loss about 4 times a game.
Back to top Go down
JonoTheNut
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 14:14

Jagztorious wrote:
This happened to me last night, AP was blasting through gaining 5-8 yards a time, even getting a TD at points.

i found out that the CB DOGS ZONE works the best, as the Corner back comes straight to Peterson! Hit stick and the ****** is down!!

Out of Dime? What formation?
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-25, 16:17

I just try to make sure there are atleast two defenders free at a time to tackle that dude but after a while you see guys running the same
play and then you know where to attack by the formation they are using.
Back to top Go down
tmcar1es
New MS Member
New MS Member
tmcar1es

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-26, 23:16

if he runs 98% of the time just bring the house on him and user control a LB or saftey...dont worry about the pass to much because passing in goal line is only a step better than passing out of wildcat its not a huge threat either Te to the corner or a flat pass...
Back to top Go down
Jagztorious
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty2009-09-28, 04:42

I usually use the 3-4 Formation from Panthers play book. Dogs Zone!!

I've done it in practice over and over and the CB will get to AP before he starts making ground
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line   Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Serious Help Stopping Vikings Goal Line
Page 1 of 1