Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

how do i stop the receiver screen

Go down 
+6
AtlantaLive107
mattP
frozinwater
EggzOverEazy
Downtown YuckieBrown
mr205
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mr205
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-12

how do i stop the receiver screen Empty
PostSubject: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 05:41

how do i stop a wide receiver screen in five wide
Back to top Go down
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 08:07

man coverage. stops it hard
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 08:39

yeah, and DEs in QB contain or adding flat zones.
Back to top Go down
frozinwater
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 09:42

does man coverage really work? because i was labbing it and it looks like there are just two corners which are being blocked by the two receivers in the set. the z or x corner does not even reach the z or x receiver.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 09:45

no ... FL screen kills man coverage.. i advice using cover 2.. tell me if it works.. try it in practice mode
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 10:15

Cover 2 will work but you have to be certain that they are going to do it or your going to get burned over the top. There aren't many, if any, SS that can keep up with wideouts.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 10:26

AtlantaLive107 wrote:
Cover 2 will work but you have to be certain that they are going to do it or your going to get burned over the top. There aren't many, if any, SS that can keep up with wideouts.
cover 2 is really good this year.. alot of people use it. manually take ur dline and cover the middle of the field
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 10:48

are you sure man doesn't work against screens, even the FL screen? because i've run that screen against man coverage and got picked off.
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 11:02

mattP.......That still doesn't keep your SS from getting burned deep. Cover 2 is cover 2. Sending your #1 wideout on a streak will get you 6 points unless you have a short field to cover.

So again....you have to be completely sure that they are going to run that screen or you going to get scored on.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 13:23

AtlantaLive107 wrote:
mattP.......That still doesn't keep your SS from getting burned deep. Cover 2 is cover 2. Sending your #1 wideout on a streak will get you 6 points unless you have a short field to cover.

So again....you have to be completely sure that they are going to run that screen or you going to get scored on.
haha obviously u have no idea how good defense is this year.. buddy this is madden 10 not madden 09.. if u have been burned on cover 2 then ur using it in the wrong situation
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 13:33

it's easy to burn cover 2 this year. if you put the WR on a fade route, he will be open 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-12, 16:42

Man cover plays beat screens, press the receiver and you may even get a pick. Screens are designed to beat soft zones and blitzes.

A screen is a play that is designed to take advantage of defenses who are too aggressive or too passive. You can always play cover 2 or 3 and put your flat defender in man by selecting him, hit A+(letter of receiver) and move the stick...left I believe.

What team's do you guys play with? My SS never get burned up top in cover 2. If you don't want to get burned you can use AZ, GB, Bal, Ten, Pit or Indy.. all have beast safety tandems.
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 06:48

mattP......I am well aware at what year this is. Thanks for clearing that up. Cover 2 is easy to beat once you identify it. I don't care what team you use.

PS mattP....If your 35-3 your either playing people way below your level or you have a bunch of cheese plays. Which is it? LOL
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 13:00

okay first of all if someone is calling a screen they r not going to throw it to a fade.. 2nd if u dont think cover 2 works then dont use it
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 13:02

I don't.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 14:28

thats why u suck and need help on stopping a SCREEN pass
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 14:32

I don't need help on stopping screen passes. I'm not the author of this thread. Get your facts straight kid before you comment.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 14:37

AtlantaLive107 wrote:
your retarded ,, burned over the top? you wont have that much time against most people
Back to top Go down
AtlantaLive107
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 14:40

Ok kid. Jeez. WTF?
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 14:42

im not a kid
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-13, 18:22

good one bigblue!!!!!! i do the same thing.....with atitude....man... how do i stop the receiver screen Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty2009-09-14, 12:55

If you think it might be coming use the DE on the side that has 3 wideouts, then at the snap if the linemen go out to the flats follow them and if not then it is a normal passing play and you can try to rush with the DE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i stop the receiver screen   how do i stop the receiver screen Empty

Back to top Go down

how do i stop the receiver screen
Page 1 of 1