Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

QB scrambles and how to prevent them

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
I Love Blondes
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-20

QB scrambles and how to prevent them Empty
PostSubject: QB scrambles and how to prevent them   QB scrambles and how to prevent them Empty2009-09-03, 23:32

Hey yall. I just played some dude online, I lost by one touchdown. It came down to I didnt execute my plays down the stretch, in addition I wasn't able to stop the guy offensively. He used the Miami Dolphins, and he used Pat White as quarterback. Anyway, almost every 3rd down he scrambled out to the left with Pat White and he either ran with the ball for a first down.... Or he threw a deep pass to his tight end. I wasnt able to stop him. So, does ANYONE know the BEST defense to use to prevent a QB scramble AND that has mid-to deep levels of the field secured??? I was using Dime Cover 2, but it wasnt helping, and I used some DB blitzes that almost worked but before they got to the QB he threw the ball for a big gain. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: QB scrambles and how to prevent them   QB scrambles and how to prevent them Empty2009-09-03, 23:47

Take your fastest player on defense and put him on a QB spy on 3rd down. Have your ends contain. I tend to blitz a corner when someone plays like that.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: QB scrambles and how to prevent them   QB scrambles and how to prevent them Empty2009-09-04, 01:31

the best thing you could do is get some outside pressure to force him to run to one side. on that side, have a DE in QB contain. he will most likely be sacked. just to be sure he doesn't break a tackle and go for a huge gain, have one of your LBs QB spy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QB scrambles and how to prevent them   QB scrambles and how to prevent them Empty

Back to top Go down

QB scrambles and how to prevent them
Page 1 of 1