Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

harsher penalties for quitters

Go down 
+11
AFew88
ghostnote
BOSTN BEANER
Mister_JP
huh1231
c4jun
stan2k
Mcnair2Wycheck
C6xtacy
iGotBeast$wag13
sloppyjoe1762
15 posters
AuthorMessage
sloppyjoe1762
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-22

harsher penalties for quitters Empty
PostSubject: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 10:26

I have a 0 Dnf percentage and Im sick of these players that quit when your two tds ahead of them or u run a kick back or pick them off regardless if its the 1st or 4th qtr. Continuing the game against the CPU is boring and lame. Especially when they quit in the first half.If i wanna play the CPU i wouldnt waste my time going online. If im doing good and im ahead i want the win. Be a man and finish it out. I know this is just a game and its nothing compared to real NFL but imagine if every team is losing they just walk off the field....corny and no class.. I bet there would be alot less quitting if there were harsher penalties...such as, if u quit u are temporarilly banned from playing online for about 6 hrs. I bet they wont quit then, or deduct major amounts of points or rank levels.the DNF percentage being displayed isnt enuff. Sorry guys if im being ridiculous with my ideas but i needed to vent...any thoughts?

sloppyjoe1762
playin @ gamersaloon.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamersaloon.com
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 10:33

i feel you i dont like it when ppl quit in the first quarter-half-or 3rd quarter
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 11:42

I can't stand it either. Usually when some one quits on me I'll just send them a little message....

Yesterday, I'm up on a guy 10-0 with 4 mins left in the FIRST QUARTER. He throws a pick and then quits. So, I continue on against the CPU a finish with a 63-0 romp. Usually I get credit for all the stats, including the W. However, this particular time, I didn't which just pissed me off.

There has been times I'm getting whacked by 3 sometimes 4 TDs but I keep going, if for nothing other than to try new schemes in the hopes I can find something to use in future games. Quitting is lamer than the effort my Titans have been putting out this year. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 11:56

^ I feel ya.
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 12:27

Yea me two I always look to try new schemes when I am losing big time. I will take my loss as long as it is a well rounded game and I just can't figure out how to stop him when he's on o.

Now I will quit when D!ckR!dIng come into play where some just keep giving the ball to one person and can't do anything else on offense. All they ever say is "U can't stop it" "U can't stop it" That just gets my blood racing....
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 12:54

^I'm with ya.

I may use CJ alot-but it's stupid not to. However, I will throw alot of different things at you when I'm on offense. There have been occasions where CJ is on lockdown, but for some reason struggle stopping LenDale White.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 13:35

stan2k wrote:
Yea me two I always look to try new schemes when I am losing big time. I will take my loss as long as it is a well rounded game and I just can't figure out how to stop him when he's on o.

Now I will quit when D!ckR!dIng come into play where some just keep giving the ball to one person and can't do anything else on offense. All they ever say is "U can't stop it" "U can't stop it" That just gets my blood racing....

Dude you hit it on the head. I take losing as a learning experience. Don't get me wrong I hate to lose but damn some of these guys have no sense whatsoever. I hate quitters because if you don't plan on finishing a game why play the game. I mean be a man and man up and do something about your game. Even if i'm getting killed I never quit. I won't even concede a game hell with that. I want to learn from my loss. There are plenty of things you can learn at the end of a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 13:45

yea i understand where your coming from but think of the other side of the coin. theres been a handful of times when somethings come up (i.e. gf, important phone call, parent, kids, etc) where you have to leave in the middle of the game. no one takes friendly quits unless they're down so in these times you have to quit. i know the majority of the time when people quit it's because they are getting killed but there are those times when you simply had to leave. for those times imagine if u imposed a 6 hr ban? i can see maybe taking ranking points away but it depends on how much. you can't just assume that every time someone quits when ur up it's because they're a sore loser even tho this is the case the majority of the time. its the same argument for any type of penalties in life, you can't assume someone is guilty and enforce a strict rule on everyone. for example the death penalty, sure murders deserve to die blah blah blah but what about those people you hear about every once in a while that have been on death row for 30 years and DNA evidence clears them? consider both sides of the coin.

the other issue is if you impose stricter penalities for quitting people will simply turn off their xbox or psn and that comes out as a D/C. what do you do here? do you penalize DCs harshly too? what if my power went out? wat if my dog stepped on my power stripped and turned it off? what if my internet dies? the other day i accidentally pulled out my power cord from the wall grabbing the controller charger. all these things show up as DCs.

i think the best option is to add the supersim feature they have for NCAA. if someone quits you can supersim, if the computer mounts a comeback you can jump back in and run the clock out.

so i'm all up for stricter penalties but i think EA has it as close to right as it can be by displaying the DNF. showing this allows you to decide if you should play them and what are the chances that they will quit on you. if you want less quitters, try playing people with low DNFs and how rankings or similar rankings to urself. that normally means closer games and less quitting.
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 14:13

sloppyjoe1762 wrote:
I have a 0 Dnf percentage and Im sick of these players that quit when your two tds ahead of them or u run a kick back or pick them off regardless if its the 1st or 4th qtr. Continuing the game against the CPU is boring and lame. Especially when they quit in the first half.If i wanna play the CPU i wouldnt waste my time going online. If im doing good and im ahead i want the win. Be a man and finish it out. I know this is just a game and its nothing compared to real NFL but imagine if every team is losing they just walk off the field....corny and no class.. I bet there would be alot less quitting if there were harsher penalties...such as, if u quit u are temporarilly banned from playing online for about 6 hrs. I bet they wont quit then, or deduct major amounts of points or rank levels.the DNF percentage being displayed isnt enuff. Sorry guys if im being ridiculous with my ideas but i needed to vent...any thoughts?

sloppyjoe1762
playin @ gamersaloon.com

then people would just pull there cords out. and when you got to go you got to go.

Last edited by Mister_JP on 2009-10-08, 03:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 14:22

I definitely look a the DNF as well as the record. Bumhunters got me in 08 and a little in 09 but I'll b d@mn if you get me this year. If they have already picked their team b4 I get on the screen and I can't see their record or DNF; WE AINT PLAYING!!!! simple as that.

DNF I say anything over 15 to 20% don't even worry about it...WE AINT PLAYING!!!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 14:34

Sometimes things do happen where u gota quit or ur power goes out ect. But it doesn't happen enough to have a dnf of 15 or even 10+... Maybe if u have kids but I have a gf that loves to bug me when I'm playing and last year my dnf was 2% even withthat ****** taking me out of games to do things.. My advice is don't play anyone with a dnf of 10 or higher...
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 14:42

^Lol.

I don't have any kids, but my wife has this knack of distracting me to the fullest when I'm on Madden. It's even worse when she does it when I'm losing or even having my ass handed to me.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 14:50

Haha my gf was in rehab during last year so she wouldn't stop bugging me to do stuff cuz she has to stay busy or she will go drink.. I don't care cuz I drink a lot every day but she was so annoying when I was tryina play madden.. I rarely lost last year but when I was losing it seemed like her nagging was worse when really it was just me being annoyed with fumbles and her at the same time.. Haha I understand that happens still it doesn't happen 15-20% when ur playing.. Most of the time u can probably talk her into letting u finish the game real quick.. I don't think there should be harsher pnalties for dnf but people should just pay more attention and not play people with high dnfs.. I don't play people with high dnf and if they ask for a friendly quit cuz they need to do something I usually give it to them cuz I know I don't play bums that quit for no reason..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 16:36

e.a. needs to spend their time fixing glitches,d/c problems and cheese in this game.that will prolly cut down on quitting.a few weeks ago someone posted something that couldnt be more true.this game is awesome in the first month but then everyone figures out the cheese and the glitches and it goes to s*** as far as ranked games go.as for me...i dont care about rank.i play unranked all-madden when i play online.when u play all - madden its much more fun.the a.i. actualy adapts and man coverage is much better.many times i have run into good players this way.they play an unranked game to work on nanos or practice a scheme and they get an unexpected good player and it turns into a great game.u also run into more quitters this way however but u can just exit the game and start a new one.i understand where u ppl are comming from.its very annoying when ppl quit but the glitching and cheese is 10 times more annoying.i'd rather have e.a. concentrate on that.maybe theyll do something like say... make 2 kind of ranked games like allpro and all madden and let us choose.or...if someone quits let us supersim the game or just exit out and still get the win.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 17:55

lol they have allmadden ranked games. it's called elite status and charges you 5 bucks for the privilege to use it Smile
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-07, 22:59

where do i sign up for all-madden unranked games?
Back to top Go down
AFew88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-08, 02:27

i dunno bout a 6 hour ban...but if ur up 21+ u get the W.
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-13, 10:57

I got bitten in the ass with this crap hard this weekend.
21-0, 14-0, 14-0.......they d/c but I get the L. Lame as hell.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-13, 11:06

I feel yall. Yesterday I was playing someone way out of my "level". I was down 35-14 at half time. There is no way I was quitting because I wanted to continue to see if anything good be done to better myself against this cat. I stuck with it and tried new stuff out and I came back from 21 points down. I lost it in the end 38-35 but I was real proud of myself that I found a way.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-13, 11:07

C6xtacy wrote:
I got bitten in the ass with this crap hard this weekend.
21-0, 14-0, 14-0.......they d/c but I get the L. Lame as hell.

That happened to me twice last night. Super annoying. makes me not want to play online.
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-13, 11:25

I know. It's the occasional nail-biting great games that keep me around.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Ways to prevent this sh*t   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-15, 11:55

I never played anyone on Madden that had over 15% DNF. Sh*t I was even thinking they were going to quit or disconnect if they had only 15%. But also, this is a good forum to make friends and gather up gamertags of players who most likely wont quit or disconnect on you, or use glitches.

Id say make a list of about 20 straight up players who dont quit or glitch, and just play within that list, eventually adding on a couple here and there that you met through them.
Back to top Go down
justcurious
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-15, 19:49

A 60min ban for quiters would be cool, BUT make it so the clock only is active while they are logged into the Madden Game , so basically they have to sit in the Lobby for 60 mins, even if they walk away from the game it would eventually piss you off if you had to do that very often when you obviously wanted to play online or u wouldnt be there lol
Back to top Go down
dnasty941
New MS Member
New MS Member
dnasty941

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-15, 19:53

Good idea justcurious
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty2009-10-15, 19:56

AFew88 wrote:
i dunno bout a 6 hour ban...but if ur up 21+ u get the W.
YES if your up by 21 or more you should automaticlly get the win. AND they should get a 60 ban from madden. Like not shut your system off for 1 hour. You have to be IN madden and wait for 60 min. ONLY FOR QUITS THOUGH. D/C is another thing. Maybe like a 5-15min wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: harsher penalties for quitters   harsher penalties for quitters Empty

Back to top Go down

harsher penalties for quitters
Page 1 of 1