Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

need help with brandon jacobs

Go down 
+15
stan2k
iGotBeast$wag13
mikeyfridgebuzz
blackheatah
Elite
dUPxBTefft23
dlgunn
SDSirwin
xBALLiiN
jsmall28
FreshPrince23
laidbackskaterer
GadisRKO
Radi0ActivWaste
xfrankiex2
19 posters
AuthorMessage
xfrankiex2
New MS Member
New MS Member
xfrankiex2

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-01

need help with brandon jacobs Empty
PostSubject: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 17:51

I want to start playing with the giants but i cant do anything on the ground. When i use brandon jacobs i cant get more then 1 yard when bradshaw is in its better but i dont no how to use the 99 trucking Brandon Jacobs has im use to speed backs and i dont no what to do. i tried all of the linemen blocks counters goallines and putting him as fullback. I also use run-N-Gun. If anybody can help me with what plays to run or how to run him that would help alot. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 17:58

well i use the west coast playbook and if u try that out and use goaline power O and hb toss u will run over everybody with jacobs. just mess around with the line protection to make it better
Back to top Go down
GadisRKO
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 18:26

Im used to speed backs aswell( Chris Johnson) so I can feel you on this, its not too easy to adjust to a slower Power back Like Jacobs.

My playbook is the West Coast PB. I tried it with the Giants, and it is MONEY. Jacobs is averaging over 6 yards per carry every game, its insane to the point where just to piss the other guy off, I ran every single down from my 20 to his end zone. ( yeah, that affective once you have a great scheme set up)

Use the Far and Near Formations, Adjust line calls based on the Defensive line and Running play call. if there's only three D lineman, Use aggressive O line call. If your pitching/stretching, make the oline block in that direction. Any power O play from this playbook will get you yardage, and with Jacobs you can expect it to be BIG yardage.

BTW, Mix it up on offense. Run and Pass, Use screens, PA and Shotty. Come out in various formations and Do all sorts of plays from those Formations. I.E. Run and Pass from the Far/Near Formations. Dont be too abvious with your play call. I.E. dont keep running on the 1st and 2nd down every drive, eventually your opponent will know when and where to blitz you if you dont mix it up.

I can personally sit in the Snugs flip Shotty, Far and Near formations all game and procede to pass and run for great gains every drive. I cant remember when I haven't atleast come away with a field goal on every drive.

I hope this helps. Develop a scheme, Run a smart O and use Jacob's amazing Power in this game to your advantage.

BTW, Passing to Jacobs into the flats can end up being a Huge play, He trucks DB's like hes running over Kindergartners.
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 20:21

use the full house formation and try power o motion ur TE in the backfield to the right and hike the ball when hes inbetween the gaurd and tackle

i use the same book
Back to top Go down
FreshPrince23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 20:22

why is an eagles fan helping a giants fan? wtf **** that, brandon jacobs is gay
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 20:40

it's not about team affinities on this site, everyone works as a community. i'm an eagles fan, too, but if you were having trouble, you would accept help from a giants fan. don't worry about how people feel about real football on here, this is just to help with madden. in no way will this actually help a real NFL team this season.
Back to top Go down
xfrankiex2
New MS Member
New MS Member
xfrankiex2

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-03, 21:36

thanks alot guys you helped me out big time and the eagles are great but i was them for as long as i can remember i need to change it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-04, 00:07

lol u need help running wit brandon jacobs? just run full steam ahead should get positive yardage
Back to top Go down
SDSirwin
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-04, 06:16

just use plays that are good for ur line... besides people know that the G-men have know wideouts so try to mix in the run and pass... i think that the best team to run the ball with is the chargers becasue they have sproles and LT so thats just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
dlgunn
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dlgunn

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-04, 09:55

You mentioned trucking with Jacobs. One thing it took me a little bit to learn was I had to push the truck stick earlier. If you are one step from the defender, it is too late. I can run over DB's a lot with Portis, so you should have no trouble doing it with Jacobs. Try practicing your timing a little with the truck stick, that should help.

Last edited by dlgunn on 2009-09-04, 09:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : are...not a)
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-04, 11:29

i hear u with how ur good with fast RBs and the power O with jacobs is nasty just follow ur blocks
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-04, 13:09

Follow your blocks and DONT USE SPRINT TO EARLY. Give their oline time to block.
Back to top Go down
blackheatah
New MS Member
New MS Member
blackheatah

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 02:58

Make sure u read the holes right and shift the line where u running and that should help u that's what I do
Back to top Go down
mikeyfridgebuzz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 13:47

If you use a playbook that has the I-formation,
use allot of inside handoffs and follow your blockers. Be ready Slam on the right stick to drag the pile. Also stay on your toes to audible the direction of the run if your opponent tries to cheat a
little and stack the linebackers to one particular side.

When
it's working good, and it typically does with the G-men's line and the
Jacobs combo, you can get an easy 8-10 yards at a clip.

I find that it's the most fun when you can get the running game going and consistently have 2nd down and 1 or 2 to have some fun and try some plays you normally wouldn't go for. It really messes with your opponents head as they don't know what to expect. If it doesn't work out, you have only a couple yards to get on 3rd down.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 14:29

ALWAYS!!! use the hit stick up. He will garentee @ least 2 broken tackles. If you do runs ALL GAME he will you are better off than ppl who pass.
Back to top Go down
mikeyfridgebuzz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 15:22

yeah. I've noticed that when I establish the run consistently, Jacobs is usually always good for one "break out of a 4 man pile up for a long TD run" per game....usually comes late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.
Back to top Go down
mikeyfridgebuzz
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 16:05

Side question for the people using the Giants.

Which receivers do you like to go with and where do you place them on the depth chart?
Back to top Go down
stan2k
New MS Member
New MS Member
stan2k

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 16:10

I play with the Giants and I have Steve Smith as my #1, Hakeem Nicks as the two, Ramses Barden as the 3, Hixon at the 4 and Moss as my five. I have a 5 wide set where Moss is a good route on a post so that's why I got him at the five.
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 16:11

Elite wrote:
Follow your blocks and DONT USE SPRINT TO EARLY. Give their oline time to block.

This was my biggest problem. Even moreso since I love running power o's and sweeps. It just made CJ even more of a beast when I actually gave the o-line a chance.
Back to top Go down
SOONER-4-LIFE
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-08, 19:37

^^^^^^^NUMBER 1 PROBLEM WITH MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS RUNNING IS THEY CANT TAKE THERE FINGER OFF SPEED BURST. Trust me I had the same problem. I get positive yards on every run unless im stuffed in the backfield because I waite to c which side the dlinemen will go and juke and move accordingly.
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-09, 15:27

Use the speed burst after hitting the hole. Let go when you have to truck or juke. Works for me. I get almost 100 yards every game I play.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xthedarkersideoflifex
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-09, 15:29

mikeyfridgebuzz wrote:
Side question for the people using the Giants.

Which receivers do you like to go with and where do you place them on the depth chart?

1) Hixon
2) Nicks
3) Smith
4) Barden
5) Manningham
6) Moss
Back to top Go down
getbuck
New MS Member
New MS Member
getbuck

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-10, 00:33

just use the hit stick(right stick and push up) and he'll truck over anybody.
Back to top Go down
xMattex
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xMattex

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty2009-09-10, 00:47

He really will...lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with brandon jacobs   need help with brandon jacobs Empty

Back to top Go down

need help with brandon jacobs
Page 1 of 1