Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping the direct snap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
talent2bheard
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Stopping the direct snap Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the direct snap   Stopping the direct snap Empty2009-09-03, 15:45

4-3 or 4-6 defense....

I cant rememebr the name of this play im at work but its in 4-3 and 4-6 its where both safties blitz and everypone else is in man def.

Just take control of the free safty, show blitz dont spread your d-line but audible them to crash outside, put ya free safty in a qb spy, DO NOT BUMP AND RUN, the strong saftey 8/10 times comes through the line untouched and if he is a big hitter switch really fast hit stick the back and its a fumble. I play with dallas i had ken hamlin and made AP,LT.Micheal Tunrer, Chris Johson , all the really good back fumble at least 4/10 times. If you miss it slows the back down and others make the tackle really soon,if he tries to go outside your d line man should be there as well as you OLB. Your free safty thats in a spy will attack the back as soon as he is hiked the ball. I also take my LE( on your screen) and put him in a flat in case its a slot screen. Remember this is a man defense so its effective if a screen comes but always watch for them. Thats why on this defense i take a third corner that kinda fast put him at free saftey and user him whitle is spy. if its a screen one way or the other he can get there really fast.this play is in the 4-6 and 4-3.

Also if you know its a run maybe a pss but not a screen Nickle 3-3-5 strong free saftey blitz. Flip the play to the run side pinch ya d-line in and chrash them down, shoe blitz and your safty and MLB will shoot through untouched the second he gets the ball from the hike for a loss or worse. This is a cover three zone blitz so it can help if its a pass but if a screen is ran and not a regular pass good luck.
Back to top Go down

Stopping the direct snap
Page 1 of 1