Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Bring your Carolina Plays Here!

Go down 
+3
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
EggzOverEazy
roryaiks92
7 posters
AuthorMessage
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty
PostSubject: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 10:50

I've been converted into a carolina pb lover. It's got some solid passing and running plays. I was just wondering what kind of plays everyone else uses. Please share em here
Here are a couple of my plays:

Formation: Gun Splits Slot
Play: HB Slip Screen
Steps:
1) Shift O-Line Right
2) Hot Route the RB to block (optional)
Reads: Roll out to the right and against man coverage, the FB gets open all the time. Against zone the "O" Receiver will get open

Formation: Strong Pro
Play: FB Angle Go
Steps:
1) Hot route the TE to a drag
Reads: Look to the TE who will get open against man coverage or to the FB.

Hope you like em. Lets see what you like to use!
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 11:03

uh oh, don't blow up my spot now! hahaha jk. i've been using this PB since last year, and I am currently working with some other Madden School members to write an eBook for this PB. it has a ton of unique play opportunities in it and a lot of options for different schemes.

a lot of work has been put in to it already, and we're turning to corner towards finishing it now. currently, i'm loving the Singleback Tight Slots formations, and the HB Wheel play, has been pretty much unstoppable for me with the way i run it.

i'll give you a sneak preview when we're a little closer to finishing it up, but yeah, im totally with you... the Carolina book is money.
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 11:30

yeah definitely. i used to use RnG but i changed even though they are pretty similar. I was just wondering what plays other ppl used. But yeah i'll definitely be looking into getting that ebook
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 11:51

oh definitely, dude. im kinda wondering, too. especially if theres anything we missed, ya know. i definitely know people like the Gun Split Slots, and I know i like it for it's i-form and singleback looks.
Back to top Go down
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 11:55

Hell ya an Ebook would be so tight
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 12:02

Eggz holla at me, I got a nice money play from tight slots that with proper movements Nd timing it can b 6 most of the time.
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 19:39

I'm actually sorta in the middle of converting from Carolina to West Coast.. I like CAR's book in 09 better than this years
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 19:40

but if I do end up concerting, I sure will miss Tight Slots Sad
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 20:00

i think that carolina has a great full house formation. i'm pretty sure they have the toss out of it, which can be deadly if used correctly. currently tied with atlanta for my favorite playbook (atlanta cross is just so nice!!!)
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 20:10

jsmall28 wrote:
i think that carolina has a great full house formation. i'm pretty sure they have the toss out of it, which can be deadly if used correctly. currently tied with atlanta for my favorite playbook (atlanta cross is just so nice!!!)
yeah i'm loving the ATL and Carolina pbs. those 2 and West Coast are my 3 favs. they're just so sick
Back to top Go down
talbert
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 21:18

as a beginner, would you guys recommend sticking to one playbook?

i am 1-5 at the moment which is terrible...1 was due to a disconnect which for some reason I was charged the loss for, and the other 4 losses were by less than 5 points each game

my defense seems to be pretty good, but I cannot score

I use carolina so I am using the carolina playbook by default, and I guess I am 1-5 because I try to learn the playbook and good plays online rather than by going into practice mode

so yeah back to my original point, would be it be wise to stick with carolina playbook for now?
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 21:25

Well you should look at some in practice.. the 3 i say that fit carolina the best are atlanta, west coast, and carolina..

i say try those 3 out and then decide which u like.. and sll 3 are pretty popular so u can find alot of tips and ebooks about them
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 21:28

panthersfreak89 wrote:
I'm actually sorta in the middle of converting from Carolina to West Coast.. I like CAR's book in 09 better than this years

LMFAO!! So I went online, I used the Carolina playbook cause I still didn't know West Coast well enough. I was planning on it being sorta a "goodbye game" to the Carolina playbook.

Well I play Tampa and I end up scoring the most points I've scored in an online game yet.. I won 45-7 (granted I had 2 pick 6's) and now I'm once again debating whether to change or not..

The guy wasn't very good but he had a decent D... And I was movin the ball on him fairly easily
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-02, 21:42

i might recommend to use run n gun to a new player. a good mix of run and pass, with some nice formations.
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty2009-09-03, 13:38

Well since I've switched to West Coast, I guess I'll post my scheme outta Carolina..

Singleback Doubles

BASE PLAY: Inside Cross

AUDIBLES:
*Slot Cross (Man Beater)
*TE Post (Zone Beater)
*HB Slip Screen
*PA HB Look
*Stretch

Reasons I don't put plays like slants or Iso in my audibles is because you can get them from the Form Audibles.

INSIDE CROSS: I come out in this play because it nets a very consistent
5+ yds with the crossing drags and after hitting those a couple times,
I can always get some big plays with Square's Deep In. 1 thing I like to do a couple times per game is smart route O's funny post and he can usually getopen for a 15-20+ yd. gain.

And if I don't like
what I can see, I can always just audible out to something else.

Slot Cross: -Streak O Receiver (B on 360)

Reads:
1)L1 usually gets open vs any man
2)HB in the Flats
3)TE on the delayed route will usually get open as well.
4)Look for the Post or the Streak Deep

TE Post: No adjustments needed.

This Play will beat any Cover 2 or Cover 3 Zone.

.VS. Cover 2: 1)Look for Square on the Drag underneath
2)L1 on the Corner
3)TE splitting the 2 Deep Safeties
4)HB in the flat
5)O Receiver Deep

.VS. Cover 3: 1)Quick Pass to TE
2)Drag Route to Square
3)O Receiver Deep (Has 1 on 1 coverage vs C3)
4)HB in the Flats
5)L1 on the Corner

PA HB Look: -Mix it up with and without PA
-optional adjustment: slant HB left

Great Play and capable of beating Man and Zone. Great to use if you've been running all over someone.

Reads: 1)L1 on the Funny Post
2)HB after fake handoff or on a slant left
3)TE on Delay route
4)O on the Corner
5)Square Deep

So there it is, my singleback doubles scheme. I know it's not very well written. This is my 1st scheme write-up.

This is a very simple yet effective scheme. I love using the run to setup the PA HB Look play. And I love using Inside Cross and Slot Cross to beat the Man Coverage and force them into a zone because at that point, I can brong out HB Slip Screen or TE Post on them.

Feel free to mess around with it and post any suggestions, tips, questions, that you may have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring your Carolina Plays Here!   Bring your Carolina Plays Here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring your Carolina Plays Here!
Page 1 of 1