Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I need Defensive help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawksown14
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-27

I need Defensive help Empty
PostSubject: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 14:34

I can use Jacksonville's offense like a beast, but my D can't contain a lot of teams.

What playbook/plays/what should i use?
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 14:39

are you having trouble with the run or the pass? if it's the run, play around with the line and crashing them, also the 3-4 playbook is pretty good at stopping the run. if it is the pass, find some blitzes that can get good pressure on the QB. there isn't any one playbook that is good or one that is bad, they are different depending on what you are good or bad at.
Back to top Go down
Hawksown14
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 14:41

jsmall28 wrote:
are you having trouble with the run or the pass? if it's the run, play around with the line and crashing them, also the 3-4 playbook is pretty good at stopping the run. if it is the pass, find some blitzes that can get good pressure on the QB. there isn't any one playbook that is good or one that is bad, they are different depending on what you are good or bad at.

When I know the run is coming I can stop him to about 4 yards per carry, sometimes he breaks loose.

But like when he does out passes to his RB's and than passes through the middle to his TE's and WR's I can't stop him.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 14:43

you can manually put someone to cover the flats if you are having trouble with them. if the issue is passes over the middle, putting some in a QB spy can stop slants. the key is you might have to guess some pass routes and take people out of zones top cover them, if need be.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 23:54

1. pick the right formation - match the number of DBs to the number of WRs.
example: he comes out with 3 WRs, you pick a play from the nickle formation.

2. mix up your play calling - zone, man, combo, man blitz, zone blitz.
example: if you call blitz every play, you are going to get burned.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-28, 00:21

brazil wrote:
1. pick the right formation - match the number of DBs to the number of WRs.
example: he comes out with 3 WRs, you pick a play from the nickle formation.

2. mix up your play calling - zone, man, combo, man blitz, zone blitz.
example: if you call blitz every play, you are going to get burned.

not always true 46 speed kills most other pass formations just like it did in 09 especially if you use the 46 playbook
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-28, 00:24

LB on a WR, I'll take that match up all day. Cool
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-28, 00:44

not when 46 speed subs in corners for ur OLBs. and it makes ur blitzes a whole lot faster because of the speed
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty2009-08-28, 03:03

Yes, but you're still bringing in DBs to better match up with the offense. And, that's the whole point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need Defensive help   I need Defensive help Empty

Back to top Go down

I need Defensive help
Page 1 of 1