Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Defensive scheme and general defensive help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaxn45
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Defensive scheme and general defensive help Empty
PostSubject: Defensive scheme and general defensive help   Defensive scheme and general defensive help Empty2009-08-24, 19:52

Hi guys,

I was just looking for alittle help with some defense. I have no idea what playbook to use on defense. I use a mix of teams such as the Cardinals, Falcons and Vikings. I have been using the Jets book and I like the nickel packages 1-5-5 and 3-3-5. I also was using the 46 defense too. I usually don't have too much trouble stopping the run but I run alot of zone cover 2/3 from various formations as I find man seems too easy to beat unless your getting heat right away.

I just want to know what playbooks you like and maybe even a couple good plays. I usually like to pick a team with a good run d though so I don't have to send extra men to stop it.

Any tips would be appreciated thanks.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Defensive scheme and general defensive help   Defensive scheme and general defensive help Empty2009-08-25, 20:53

It's not that important what playbook you use. What is important is picking the correct formation and understand what the play you pick is designed to do.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Defensive scheme and general defensive help   Defensive scheme and general defensive help Empty2009-08-27, 23:57

1. pick the right formation - match the number of DBs to the number of WRs.
example: he comes out with 3 WRs, you pick a play from the nickle formation.

2. mix up your play calling - zone, man, combo, man blitz, zone blitz.
example: if you call blitz every play, you are going to get burned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defensive scheme and general defensive help   Defensive scheme and general defensive help Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive scheme and general defensive help
Page 1 of 1