Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Passing Help

Go down 
+8
Crunk
DaTBa1LHaWK
C6xtacy
macdaddy
jsmall28
Tmoneyy75513
SLCdragons102
dbow2019
12 posters
AuthorMessage
dbow2019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-22, 23:06

I got the game a week ago and I am TERRIBLE at passing the ball...I can never get the ball to my top recievers and am always forced to go to my 3rd WRs/TEs/RBs on short slant routes and screens...every time i try to go to my top guys the D either picks it off or it gets deflected

Any tips?
Back to top Go down
SLCdragons102
New MS Member
New MS Member
SLCdragons102

Number of posts : 71

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-22, 23:47

I know it sounds boring but go to practice mode. And just start practicing different plays against different coverages (man, cover 2,3, and 4). Eventually you'll find a couple of plays that you can hot route on and beat almost and coverage. Like I found a play that can beat all the coverages basically If i hot route it right and I get the right timings on my passes
Back to top Go down
Tmoneyy75513
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-23, 22:00

dont isolate your best reciver on one side...try to put him in a trips or crossing routes with another reciever...and also play to the reciver strengths...if you have a little reciver (wes welker) use him on short routes...if you have a big guy (terrell owens) use him on slants or posts and throw it high for a possesion catch
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 13:27

yeah, definitely play to your receivers strengths. i don't get many yards with my first or second receivers either, but i don't care! i complete little 7 and 8 yard slants to my 3rd receiver and some outs/posts with my TE and i'm fine with that! in the end, only one stat matters, and that's wins.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 16:44

what team are you playing with?

I have been using the NE playbook with different teams and get the ball into the hands of my primary receiver a LOT (usually 8-10 catches and 120+yards for moss, jennings, Bowe or whoever).

Remember, you can use the SUB packages feature to move your #1 receiver into the slot. Some playbooks even auto position your #1 or #2 receiver into the slot on some formations.
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 16:50

I'm playing with the Titans, and experience the same thing. Granted, I know they are not know as a passing powerhouse, but my God!
Back to top Go down
dbow2019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 22:34

I usually play with the Run and Gun
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 22:40

i find that throwin to the slot guys, TEs and RBs is pretty damn successful.. idk y ur complainin.. u must not b runnin the right plays to get WRs open and s***..
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 22:49

passing to the secondary receivers is very successful. i think TEs are the easiest targets this year. the good ones have solid hands, they're tough to bring down, and some have good speed.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Passing Help Empty

Easiest way is to mix crossing routes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Passing Help Empty

Get an offensive scheme going, set up your plays with different plays. Such as running the ball to set up the play action pass. Keep you opponent guessing, don't make it obvious when you are passing i.e. 5 wr set or with running in an iform twin te formation. Set your plays up!!
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-24, 22:52

eFresh wrote:
Get an offensive scheme going, set up your plays with different plays. Such as running the ball to set up the play action pass. Keep you opponent guessing, don't make it obvious when you are passing i.e. 5 wr set or with running in an iform twin te formation. Set your plays up!!

exactly.. like i have a run and PA pass where i go thru the same steps like motioning the fullback or sumone in motion.. the PA will appear to go to the same hole as the run so i keep em guessin.. thats an easy way to move the ball if u can get yards runnin the ball..
Back to top Go down
blackguy474
New MS Member
New MS Member
blackguy474

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-26, 02:17

start off runnin easy pass plays like swings then work your way up to more advanced plays
Back to top Go down
AllDayVikings28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-26, 10:15

just do what i do. i hate throwin 2 the #1 n 2 WRs, so I put my #1 in the #3 slot, use run n gun playbook, play action out of the shotgun tight 4 wr, and have that #1 in the #3 go right over the middle and DESTROY any zone D or man d someone is tryin 2 play.

I had 18 (or was it 20) catches with Brandon Marshall in the slot. He had over 300 yards receiving vs Falcons. 2 were for 50+
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty2009-08-26, 10:41

I use the broncos and marshall and royal are hella gud dis game I use royal for short and screen passes and marshall 2 go down the middle and outs works great 4 me I think eddie royal is the best small wr in the game yea I said steve smith ain't got nothin on mr royal lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Passing Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Help   Passing Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Passing Help
Page 1 of 1