Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Field goal and punts blocks

Go down 
+13
mattP
headhunter540
llogic
Mcnair2Wycheck
boatrace76
dUPxSNaTcHx
DyNaMicakaDNM
xXBlackiceXx
nawfside512
Champ_28
moss81
icip
Playaboy23
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Field goal and punts blocks Empty
PostSubject: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-21, 00:16

well any madden player know's one of the best feeling besides winning is to block a field goal or punt...so far online i blocked 2 xtra points and a gamemwinner...but never a punt...i was wondering does anybody have a consistent play 2 block field goal i did it wit punt block and my dudes on the edge come in un touched and atleast half a foot from a block
Back to top Go down
icip
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-21, 00:21

97 speed on da side without da running back directly on top of da DE perfectly to where u can run in place (tough) R2 it and dive dont jump
Back to top Go down
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-21, 00:22

wen i use punt black that's wen players get in
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 09:45

i hate people like u who have to block field goals and punts just to win a game. so annoying when u get into field goal range thinking u got points then it gets blocked. so unrealistic. get good and u wont need to block field goals or punts
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 15:39

moss...its part of the game, plus it is realistic, its hard to do just like in real life,for punt use the 1 with extra blockers and in feild goal kick it fast so they cant set up to block it...not that hard
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 18:40

Champ_28 wrote:
moss...its part of the game, plus it is realistic, its hard to do just like in real life,for punt use the 1 with extra blockers and in feild goal kick it fast so they cant set up to block it...not that hard

how often do u see a kick blocked in the NFL??? very rarely
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 19:24

I agree, thats the very same reason why blocked kicks in MS games are not allowed, or at least didn't use to be
Back to top Go down
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 19:31

yea idON'T do it to piss people off in the end it comes down o strategy and how im going to win the game...if i have a chance to block 1 and all i have to do is dive out imma do it
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 19:53

There should not be a consistent way to block field goals its un realistic n its another madden flaw
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 19:56

yea i blocked 1 gamewinner and 2 xp's in a 16 games thats pretty gud but if my oppenent is kicking a field goal imma try my best 2 block it
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 21:21

Playaboy23 wrote:
yea i blocked 1 gamewinner and 2 xp's in a 16 games thats pretty gud but if my oppenent is kicking a field goal imma try my best 2 block it

ya but then what if it was ur GW kick that got blocked. u would be so pissed and u would say that it is total BS.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 21:30

you cant convince players like him that blockin fgs is fluke. He is an example of a player who does anything just to win a game. Only way I would approve of blocking fgs and punts is if you came off the edge, timing my snap PERFECTLY to block it, cuz thats more realistic than just standin your guy in a certain spot and then WALA! someone breaks free for a block everytime
Back to top Go down
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-22, 21:58

yea sometimes it is flukey but dam people try 2 take away from it a perfectly time fg block (not scripted one) is a good achievement
Back to top Go down
dUPxSNaTcHx
New MS Member
New MS Member
dUPxSNaTcHx

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 10:09

I blocked one fg, and when I did there was :10 seconds on the clock, and he recovered, and kicked it again, I was so pissed...
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 10:48

are you guy serious...u dont think blocked field goes should be allowed. are u kidn me.

Moss its either all or none son. If you ask one of the top players about blocked fg's in the madden ps3 community. they would probably say. I would block the punt or extra point if I could.

So what play do u select when your oppenent kicks a field goal...." ".

case close. I dont know, u may line up in a prevent...lol

No hard feelings Moss...but come on. "Get In the Game"
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 12:18

Does anyone know if it's realistic this year? If there is a way so that it only works some of the time, and more often on low lined kicks then that is realistic and should be allowed, but if it works 30% of the time or more then that's total BS.
Back to top Go down
llogic
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 13:52

I remember in 97 you could play the 3-4 exchange and block a field goal every time
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 14:35

Most times it doesn't even happen that way with sum1 coming off the edge it usually is b/c the kick is low n players lean as far as they cn n get their hands on it. Insteaad of players jumping str8 up like they do in madden which doesn't make sense. But like I said its cheap n needs to b removed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
headhunter540
New MS Member
New MS Member
headhunter540

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 16:35

moss81 wrote:
i hate people like u who have to block field goals and punts just to win a game. so annoying when u get into field goal range thinking u got points then it gets blocked. so unrealistic. get good and u wont need to block field goals or punts

get good then you dont have to settle for field goals.. simple as that buddy...
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 16:39

headhunter540 wrote:
moss81 wrote:

get good then you dont have to settle for field goals.. simple as that buddy...

lol ive only had 1 fg blocked. ur telling me to get good lol whats ur rec?
Back to top Go down
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 17:53

u act like that never happens in the nfl
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-23, 19:05

i couldnt get it to work? i havent had a game where it was decided by a fieldgoal but it cant hurt to give this a try
Back to top Go down
EnJoi
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-24, 00:32

y should a person be madd if a fg is blocked. in the nfl people well players try their best to block a fg so u cant really compare a game to reality..... games are made to escape reality so therefore its fake and u and everyone else should accept defeat if ur fg is blocked or find a way for ur fg not to be blocked
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-24, 14:43

I've blocked my own field goal once. Imagine my jaw hitting the table Razz One of my linemen got pushed out, then turned around and run through the middle to block someone on the outside, and ended up reciving a kick from Nick Folk right in the face. Must have hurt.

No need to be some offensive about the Field goal blocking really, if you dont like it, keep it to yourself and like someone els said avoid getting forced to field goals Wink
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty2009-08-24, 15:04

there is a way to do it just from fieldgoal block... kinda like last years but u push triangle as your coming through. timing is really hard to get down but a guy did it against me 2 times. third i kicked it straight up and he couldnt touch it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Field goal and punts blocks   Field goal and punts blocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Field goal and punts blocks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next