Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I give up

Go down 
+16
xPlayAction7
GanchatizMeCptn
MrFunGuy
xXMRxVaDeRXx
jb278
EAGLE_hENz
super_mario90
SdGator
atown_2511
CurryChicken
MADDEN10GAMER
DyNaMicakaDNM
Travbebeastin
icip
HellRellWMU
psufan5
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

I give up Empty
PostSubject: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:01

There is no way to stop the pass in this game. The AI on pass defense is so poor. 1000 yards passing a game between two teams gets really old. Whoever has the ball last pretty much wins if you both know how to play.

Game really needs AI tweaks all around :\
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:04

co-sign...all this talk about the man coverage is soo much better is bullshit....

people can pass all game with ease...no matter what defense u use or blitz..
Back to top Go down
icip
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-28

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:11

yep yep u be lookin at ya players like they sum idiots..man is better but zone is trash
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:18

Not to mention even highly rated linemen never break blocks to sack the QB.. they can have all day back there. And I am not being a hack and using nano blitzes.
Back to top Go down
Travbebeastin
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-04-17

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:24

nanos r bullshit n cheesy. The only time I can get good pressure on the qb is when I control the DE myself if I dont do that then the qb just stands in the pocket chillin
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:40

yea i have to say the pass defense is really poor my damn self. i couldn't even stop the texans RB slaton from constantly burnin my defenders on a slant route from out of the backfield. it just pisses me off to see the same shhh done over and over again with the same damn result because the AI doesn't adapt to it like the feature says. Zone is pretty much useless unless you play fag D and drop 10 guys back into coverage, which I have been seeing done by the better players on here. in this year madden, it seems like its either fag D or nanos that will stop an offense.
Back to top Go down
MADDEN10GAMER
New MS Member
New MS Member
MADDEN10GAMER

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-16

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:44

my pass defense is actually amazing.Usually when i put pressure on the qb i do great.. 9 games online and i have 11 picks and 8 of them were returned..
Back to top Go down
CurryChicken
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-08-11

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 22:46

Ya I had Tony Romo go 21 for 21 on me in a game. Its some bullshit. I even dropped 9 deep into coverage but it didn't do anything. When he didnt have any receivers open he just ran a drag with felix jones and my linebackers were hopeless.

Has any one noticed that linebackers are way to slow in this game??
Back to top Go down
atown_2511
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
atown_2511

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-08-16

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 23:06

i agree everytime the middle of the field is wide open even if u drop guys back into the middle they just go over there by the coach and start sippin on gaterade and even if there is a guy there he just watches the ball go rite past him and when they get a completion or touchdown the same guy that dosent do anything to stop the pass puts his hands over his head and acts like he's mad at someone else
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 23:22

MADDEN10GAMER wrote:
my pass defense is actually amazing.Usually when i put pressure on the qb i do great.. 9 games online and i have 11 picks and 8 of them were returned..

yea i have great success when i get pressure on the QB too, but when you play some1 who uses their RB to get open all day, its just becomes impossible to do it
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-19, 23:43

pretty much come up with the fact that... this game sucks. Its fun to play against the computer, but players its lame. You cant stop anything on defense against a player that knows what hes doing. Ive never scored less than 21 points in a game... usually in the 30s. However, when your opponent doesnt stop scoring either it gets annoying.

Wasted money.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 00:12

You could have 11 all pro corners on the field covering 5 wideouts and they would still get open. You cant pass cover in this game, and run defense is spotty at best.

Just a waste of money until some kinda patch comes out... but we all know that wont happen.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 00:13

MADDEN10GAMER wrote:

Then you have been playing people that have no clue how to play.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 00:16

I dunno I would much rather play against someone who wants to pass all day. My pass d is nice...more so my redzone pass d....I don't care if he goes down the field on my cuz he's gonna kick fgs when he gets near the 20... or if he is dumb and impatient he will go for it and ill get the ball on downs...I think u guys jus need to adjust to what ur opp. Is doing...don't b afraid to throw out several diff looks to not allow him to pick u apart. And think about what ur tryin to defend and choose an appropiate d. U can't just run zone all day and u can't just run man all day against a decent play they will adjust. So keep em guessing and even use some of the more unusual d plays the people rnt use to seeing that will usually throw them off and cause a turnover especially if he is anticipating u running ur base d that uve shown most the game.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 00:53

well i dont know what the hell yall doing but my defense is pretty good & i play with the texans man or zone it doesnt matter the only time i play man is when ever im going against the patriots and i get 3 or 4 interceptions and when i play zone i get 3 or 4 sacks a game so its impossible for a qb to have all day in the pocket cause mario williams will get to him and not even using a nano he'll get 3 or 4 sacks alone dat boy is a beast 4real but i perfer zone & when the qb scramble hell still get sack by mario lol maybe yalls skill lvl is to low my skill lvl is 23 & i play with the texans
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 07:53

SdGator wrote:
I dunno I would much rather play against someone who wants to pass all day. My pass d is nice...more so my redzone pass d....I don't care if he goes down the field on my cuz he's gonna kick fgs when he gets near the 20... or if he is dumb and impatient he will go for it and ill get the ball on downs...I think u guys jus need to adjust to what ur opp. Is doing...don't b afraid to throw out several diff looks to not allow him to pick u apart. And think about what ur tryin to defend and choose an appropiate d. U can't just run zone all day and u can't just run man all day against a decent play they will adjust. So keep em guessing and even use some of the more unusual d plays the people rnt use to seeing that will usually throw them off and cause a turnover especially if he is anticipating u running ur base d that uve shown most the game.

And what defenses are you running and which player do you control? I get 0 pressure on the QB no matter how many people I blitz, and RBs and TEs are almost always open. To to mention deep bombs to 97 speed WRs where my safety decides to not jump for the ball... Controlling players is also horrible. Against a player, you dont even need to juke, just.... push the other direction.
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-12-30

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 08:07

super mario must be 1 of the asses that gt madden early lol lvl 23 dam u hav a job cuz
Back to top Go down
jb278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 10:16

I thought I was alone on this.. Especially the 3-5-7 step drop they claim affects the passes... yet its bullshit, I've had players drop back 10 yards scramble to right, throw off his back foot to the middle of the field, and complete a perfect pass to a receiver that should be covered.

Then the same can be said about the so called pocket. I can have my 4 linemen blocking, keep a half back to block, and depending on the coverage I either make a receiver or a TE stay to block, and its the same result a bullshit sack from a dude right up the middle, that a rated 90 center couldnt block.

I dont want to give up on the game just yet, I want to really believe its me, and not the game, and I need to work these things out.

But lets not even forget about the defense, I been running with the Chargers and its hilarious to me how Cromartie, and Jammer can have ball thrown right to them, and they dont pick it off, yet you can throw a pass over the head of a LB and he one hand catch, pick six, running to the endzone with a speed of like 65, and cant be caught by a WR or RB with speed of 90+

but i'm still not finished with the game.
Back to top Go down
xXMRxVaDeRXx
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-07

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 12:23

I would suggest to anyone having trouble playing pass D, that you need to get in the practice mode vs the colts or pats on all madden set up a few pass plays that have a wide combo of routes (streaks curls posts flats) and just do one thing...PRACTICE!

Most guys only use 3-4 different pass plays. You should be able to figure out what they are doing after one drive. Read and recognition.

And PSUfan what team are you trying to use?
Back to top Go down
MrFunGuy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 12:33

I feel what ya guys are sayin...I really miss PS2 madden....

I think it will be better next year, it took a while for the PS2 to get right.
Back to top Go down
MrFunGuy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 12:39

I was wondering has any one played PS2 2010 madden ???
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 12:45

atown_2511 wrote:
i agree everytime the middle of the field is wide open even if u drop guys back into the middle they just go over there by the coach and start sippin on gaterade and even if there is a guy there he just watches the ball go rite past him and when they get a completion or touchdown the same guy that dosent do anything to stop the pass puts his hands over his head and acts like he's mad at someone else

ROFL You're my hero thats the best description I've seen yet about how retarded the Linebacker's AI is.
Back to top Go down
xPlayAction7
New MS Member
New MS Member
xPlayAction7

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-20

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 13:43

main problems with the pass defenses in throwing to the rb and passes in the middle 2 mainly tight ends. RB's like chris johnson with 99 speed makes it simply impossible to stop . everything else 2 me is stoppable but it comes down to picking the right pla in the right situations .
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 14:25

theres really no problem with the pass defense in the game its just like how it is in real life. man or zone no one you can cover everybody forever you need to get some pressure on the qb or you'll get picked apart
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty2009-08-20, 15:49

naw i didnt get the game early my first 10 wins i was already ranked in the 2 thousands i just play really good and my skill lvl was 1 my first 2 games after that it just went higher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I give up Empty
PostSubject: Re: I give up   I give up Empty

Back to top Go down

I give up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next