Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

madden 09 slid protection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OchoCinco85
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OchoCinco85

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-03-05

madden 09 slid protection Empty
PostSubject: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-04, 17:49

lets just say im glad they brought this backHave your ever wanted more control of your offensive line when playing Madden? Every Madden gamer knows that it can be frustrating to see the defense setup a blitz, and know that your line has no chance of picking it up. You'll be happy to know that EA has addressed your concern, and added offensive line shifts to Madden 09. These shifts were available on the XBox and PS2 a few years ago, but they didn't work very well at the time. This year, as you'll see in the example below, the offensive line shifts will really come in handy in several situations. Take a look.
Madden NFL 09 - Utilizing the Offensive Line Slide Protection

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.02.54madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.03.03
Above you can see examples of the offensive line shifted to the left (image on left) and to the right (image on the right). Notice that you can actually see the blocking assignments change on the play art. This is new to Madden 09. In addition, take a look at the running back. His blocking assignment also changes. Blocking truly is a team effort this year.
Click on any image and the full size version will appear

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.03.13madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.01.48
In the image on the left is an example of a pinched line protection scheme. You can't really tell from the play art, but the line does pinch down immediately after the snap of the ball. The running back also blocks differently. Now, to give you an example of how the blocking works this year, I'm going to show you an example of a play without the slide protection. The image to the right is the beginning of a play without slide protection.
After the ball is snapped, I'm going to immediately roll to my right with QB Vince Young. This is not necessarily designed to be an effective offensive play, but to show how the offensive line reacts. As all Madden gamers know, sometimes it really is important for the QB to be able to roll left or right to create throwing angles.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.01.59madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.02.12
After the snap of the ball, I immediately run back and to the right. Notice that the offensive line tries to create a pocket in the middle of the field, even as I roll out. As you can see in the image to the right, I've rolled too far to the right, and now have two defenders in pursuit.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.02.22madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.02.29
In the image to the left, you can see that we've highlighted two offensive linemen that have no defender to block. Instead of standing around like dummies (see previous Madden games), they are trying to get back to make a block. The reason they missed blocks is not their fault at all, it's mine. That's right, by rolling out so quickly after the snap, I put my offensive linemen in bad positions. They try to recover, but as you can see in the image to the right, just can't get back in time.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.02.37
The defense sacks the quarterback, as there it just isn't possible to roll out to my right. However, when utilizing the line shift, I can roll out. Take a look.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.49.13madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.03.57
Here you can see that we've shifted our offensive line protection to the right. In addition, we've make our TE stay back to block as well. As you can see, the TE shifts to the right with the OL. Then, we used a hot route to make our RB do an out route. This is to take advantage of the speed matchup between the linebacker and the runningback. The image to the right is a closer look at the line of scrimmage before the snap.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.08madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.17
I've highlghted the offensive line in the image to the left. As you can see, immediately upon the snap of the ball, they are moving as a unit to the right. The image to the right shows just a split second later, and it's obvious that the line is in much better position to pickup the pressure coming around the right side of the line.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.26madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.35
I've highlighted the defensive end on the left side of the screen. As you can see, he's totally unblocked, and has a direct line to the quarterback. This is by design. Because the QB is rolling to his right, we don't have to block him. This is a perfect example of setting up a play, and executing it as it's drawn up. The DE thinks he is going to have an easy sack. However, we roll away from the defense, and buy time to make a throw.

madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.43madden 09 slid protection 07.02.08.12.04.51
We roll away from the pressure, and complete as pass to the running back, who is wide open for a nice 8-10 yard gain. This example also shows the value of having a speedy running back. Using the hot route in / out with the running back is nearly impossible to guard with a linebacker, especially when the QB can roll out to create a better passing angle.

Conclusion
The Line Shift is the perfect counter for the 'nano' blitz. I have been frustrated for years with people complaining about the nano blitz. The blitzes weren't the problem, it was the offensive line's ability to deal with them. A few years ago, EA tried 'random gap assignments' for the defense. That was a terrible mistake, and it's great to see that EA got it right this year by keeping blitzing angles in the game consistent, but allowing the offense to have the tools to counter. Madden NFL 09 is going to be the most dynamic Madden game of all time, and I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://gamehelp.findtalk.biz/
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-06, 03:50

Yet another great last gen feature that has been "enhanced" and added to madden 09.

If you feel that you know were the blitz is coming from, just slide that line and gets some extra time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-06, 03:52

i never understood y this was takin out in madden 08. cause it was very helpful in madden 07.
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 03:29

Blkice16 wrote:
i never understood y this was taking out in madden 08. cause it was very helpful in madden 07.

If were talking next Gen, slide protection has ever been implemented until madden 09, another last gen feature they waited to add.

Like the old saying, something old becomes new again.
Back to top Go down
OchoCinco85
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OchoCinco85

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 18:59

yeah not all of the 85 features are new some are old most of them are old but also improved
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 19:18

nice post...the images really helped out with the understanding of why slide protection is so great and so helpful in madden. Oh by the way, you misspelled slide on your topic name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
OchoCinco85
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OchoCinco85

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 21:11

it helps against nanos etc it will be a lot easier
Back to top Go down
OchoCinco85
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OchoCinco85

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 23:01

if they do the outside one then step in your pocket which should be strong cause u did pinch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Madden 09 Screen Shots   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 23:01

We're now just a little over a month away from the release of Madden
NFL 09 and we know people are already starting to get the feeling back.
Every day the sun just seems to shine a little brighter and the air
feels just a little bit cleaner than it did the day before, right? If
you don't exactly what we mean just yet, then maybe the screens below
will be what you need to get in the right mindset when August finally
arrives.
madden 09 slid protection 06.25.08.08.33.12
Cornerback
Deshea Townsend of the Pittsburgh Steelers flies by to try to knock
down the attempted pass to Houston wide receiver Andre Johnson.
madden 09 slid protection 06.25.08.08.33.24
Pittsburgh
Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger attempts to make a pass over
the field. Unfortunately, #92 Jeff Zgonina of the Houston Texans leaps
directly in front of the pass to swat the ball away.
madden 09 slid protection 06.25.08.08.32.59
New
England Patriots' defensive end Richard Seymour plows over Kansas City
Chiefs' running back Larry Johnson on his pursuit of the play.
madden 09 slid protection 06.25.08.08.32.34
This time the Chiefs decide to give LJ the ball on the outside to see what he can do with it.
madden 09 slid protection 06.25.08.08.32.47
Miami
Dolphins' linebacker Joey Porter brings down NY Jets' wide receiver
Jericho Cotchery by the collar. I'm sure he'll be hearing about it from
the league office on Monday.
Back to top Go down
OchoCinco85
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OchoCinco85

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty2008-07-07, 23:03

thats already posted but good post anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: madden 09 slid protection   madden 09 slid protection Empty

Back to top Go down

madden 09 slid protection
Page 1 of 1