Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...

Go down 
+2
enyo24
Pimpton23
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pimpton23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-11

I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty
PostSubject: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 09:47

and I must say that it is quite amazing. Now before everyone flames me, let me tell you a little about myself and how I got it. I first started playing Madden when I was about 11 years old, or when Madden '96 was out. I have always loved the game and consider myself to be a decent player and whatnot. I am a HUGE Browns fan (so talk all the ish if ya'll want. I know they are "rebuilding" and might be primed for a disaster of a season. So what. I'll still be reppin' 'em). I also am a HUGE Cleveland fan in general, who lives about an hour and a half west of Cleveland. I found this website when I was surfin' the net, looking for some new info on the upcoming release from EA.

Now that I got that little bit about me out of the way, I'll tell you about how I got it. There is a guy who independently owns his own game store real close to BGSU in Bowling Green, Ohio. He, like many other larger retailers, got the game about a week or so early (Saturday being the day I picked it up). This is also the case with other new games that are released (I'll end up getting Modern Warfare 2, NBA 2K10/NBA Live '10 about a week early as well, to name a few). Since he independently owns and operates his own private video game store, he "technically" can sell the games as soon as he gets 'em (which he always does). I found out about this place when I got stationed back in Ohio as a recruiter (I am in the U.S. Army).

With all that being said now, I must say that this has not only become my favorite football game of all-time, but also one of my favorite sport's games. Everything is revamped, from the graphics and framerate, to the color commentary to the cutscenes in between and after plays. The layout menu is also much inproved and franchise mode seems to be on point (I am currently 5-2 with the Browns. I created a beast on D by creating myself, but my offense blows! LMAO!). The weather effects are also much improved (the rain/snow looks beautiful). Overall, the game blows any other NFL/NCAA game out of the water to this date!

Online also seemed to run very smoothly (Of course, only about 10 people were on when I gave it a try). It has a neat new feature that I thought was pretty cool, but didn't fully understand how it will be implemented once the game "officially" comes out. It is a "Top 10 Plays" video, that featured the 10 best plays from 10 different gamers, with their PSN screennames being said and shown. I don't know if this will be used and updated everyday or everyweek, but I think it is a pretty sweet idea. I also do not know how they got the clips (whether you have to save them and upload them or they somehow manually get 'em). This video is integrated into the main menu of Online. You can also invite your friends to a game via the menu, which I thought was handy. Another neat thing I noticed was that if you are the home team, you can choose the weather setting and also the time settings (eg. 1:30, 4:15, or 8:30).

Those are just a few of my thoughts so far on the game. I'll post some more info if ya'll want later on. I just wanted to let the rest of the Madden Nation out there know that Friday will be a great day for ya'll, and this game is pretty damn close to perfection. Please don't hate and flame me about this thread. If you want any further proof, just let me know and I will get it for 'ya. I'm glad I found this website though, and I look forward to hopefully getting to talk to some of ya'll and gaming with you as well. Also, I'll be on playing Madden 2010 tonight around 7:00 PM EST, so if you want to add me to your friends list to hit the sticks when the game comes out, please feel free to add me. My PSN ID will be at the bottom of this thread. Again, I am glad I found this site, and I look forward to sticking aroud and adding my insight on some things! Game on!

PSN ID: BrownIndianCav23
Back to top Go down
Pimpton23
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 10:09

Actually, I got it 6 days early. It's still early here in Ohio. LOL. My bad. I got it this past Saturday. Just to redeem myself real quick before people jumped all over my shoddy math skills! death
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 10:35

Sounds great! I wish I knew a guy who is selling it early. I just have one question does it play faster or slower or the same speed as the demo?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 10:44

awesome man! first of all, we're real glad you signed up and shared with us, i hope you stick around for all the competitions. 2nd, its good to hear that the game has your seal of approval, i know a lot of people have been nervous that madden 10 will be as lacking as madden 09 was, but that doesnt seem to be the case.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 11:20

Raiders are too good on that game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 11:31

welcome to the site first off, and secondly happy to see so many people with the game early
Back to top Go down
Pimpton23
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 14:36

enyo24 wrote:
Sounds great! I wish I knew a guy who is selling it early. I just have one question does it play faster or slower or the same speed as the demo?
The gameplay is actually a little bit sped up. It is very fluid and the speed seems just right. I too was also a little nervous about that, but it has indeed been fixed!
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 14:39

Thank God!
Back to top Go down
Pimpton23
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 14:43

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I didn't know if anybody else had gotten lucky enough yet to snag a copy of it early. I can say confidently that this game should satisfy even the pickiest of Madden fans. I look forward to getting off of work and playing this game every night, even though it pisses off the wife. Oh well. Only 29 1/2 more years of Franchise to go, as well as lots of online play. I should be divorced in a month, folks!
Cool
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 14:54

Welcome to MS glad to hear about the actual game and not the demo!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-11, 14:56

lol. Hey just ask her to play and if she does let her win.

Then when your playing and she bugging you just be like "dont you remember the excitement you had when you were winning"
Back to top Go down
Pimpton23
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty2009-08-12, 13:56

I haven't seen any glitches yet either, folks. I will be sure to let ya'll know if anything happens, though. So far, nothing but a smooth and great experience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...   I Got Madden 2010 8 days early... Empty

Back to top Go down

I Got Madden 2010 8 days early...
Page 1 of 1